foundation? (1 Viewer)

HSC
maybelline dream matte mousse is working good for me. i'm not happy with the shade i have though, sandy beige. it is a bit too light for my skin but the next shade is too dark. *sigh*

CieL

HSC
i-love-maynard said:
maybelline dream matte mousse is working good for me. i'm not happy with the shade i have though, sandy beige. it is a bit too light for my skin but the next shade is too dark. *sigh*
Mix them together and make your own colour? =p

sophie14491

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
how do you guys go about matching your foundation to your skin tone, because I have never ever ever yet found one that's the exact correct shade...it's always like just the tiniest bit too orange/brown/pink/yellow-y/pale/dark. not really noticeable when you blend it in really well but it's not quite the right colour :/ idk, my skin tone is not that distinctive...
I have the same problem so i usually blend 2 shades together and it matches fine.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
If I need heavier coverage, Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse is amazing. =]

Usually I wear a Loreal mineral foundation, it's a really light powder. Can't think of the name atm though.

facetalker

HSC
i use a clinique one. it's pretty good so far! but i don't wear it that often. am trying to keep my skin nice

dior1

HSC
N/A
I've started on a new one as I'm totally oevr minerals. Loreal Ideal Balance. Got it on sale for cheeeeap and it feels lovely and soft on my skin.

aimhigh10

HSC
hmm some people dont like it but maybelline mousse works really well for me
really soft and cant even feel it

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
max factor miracle touch foundation. awesome, got some the other day. IT IS ACTUALLY THE RIGHT COLOUR FOR MY FACE OMG, no mixing required = less money spent on all this crap yay. Nice and smooth, good coverage, sponge is dodgy but I bought other ones so its all good.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
okay guys question:

i have been breaking out realllyyy badly over my face - i'm actually beginning to think that it might be an allergic reaction

i know the best way to let it heal is to not wear make-up or use heavy moisturisers and so i've done that for a few days

but i'm feeling veryyy self conscious about it because there's lots of little bumps on my face

what foundation would you recommend for this? something like i.d. bare escentuals?

oh btw found my perfect foundation :) dior flawless something don't remember lol

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
housah0lic said:
okay guys question:

i have been breaking out realllyyy badly over my face - i'm actually beginning to think that it might be an allergic reaction

i know the best way to let it heal is to not wear make-up or use heavy moisturisers and so i've done that for a few days

but i'm feeling veryyy self conscious about it because there's lots of little bumps on my face

what foundation would you recommend for this? something like i.d. bare escentuals?

oh btw found my perfect foundation :) dior flawless something don't remember lol
www.everydayminerals.com

cheapest and best mineral makeup (thanks skeeta i love you)

have you tried just wearing a tinted moisturiser? or maybe just some concealer on the problem areas? and anything you put on your face should be thoroughly taken off when you get home with a gentle but effective cleanser.

but there is a difference between being allergic to something and have it break you out in pimples, and break you out in a rash. if you dont know what it is, see a doctor. dont go diagnosing yourself like i did and putting benzoyl peroxide on sebhorric dermatitis. itll get a lot worse.

good luck with the face, it should be right soon.

supersaeyeon

HSC
housah0lic said:
okay guys question:

The moisturiser Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture is and absolute Godsend for times when you break out really badly. It's great because it reduces shine and is suitable for break-out skin. This is great to use before bed =]

Any foundation that is mineral based is good for trouble skin.
I've also used Orlane Pure Jeunesse on trouble spots before bed and the next day the area where it was applied was about 80% back to normal.

suchi29

HSC
ahh its so fkn hard for me.. never seem to find the rite shade >.<"
once i experimented i lukd like the fucking icing on the cake.. its always either a tad bit lite.. or grossly drk ew.

but i guess i love being brown XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)