Frankenstein and Blade Runner... Who's glad to see the end of it? (1 Viewer)

NoName91

HSC
it was a great question, it encompassed everything we've studied. disruption and identity covers three major themes of both texts; the importance of nature, what it is to be human and man acting as god. the disruption of the natural order due to humanity's selfish nature of identifying themselves as creators was the catalyst for the resulting contextual fears with the evolution of science, technology and industry. the over-arching theme of the module is context so if you didn't write about it... lol...
+1 Spot on! Ready? Disruption ---> Misuse of science upsetting the natural balance and course of nature leading to the corruption of humanity etc. .... and Identity ---> Lack of individual rights for the creations due to obsession from their creators, which comes from the above disruption .... (tying the two ideas together worked great for me I thought)= 12 pages of hopefully good stuff :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Ive found all module a questions relate to either humanity or the subversion of nature
So, in disrupting the natural world, Victor and Tyrell isolate themselves, tearing down their humanity, and thus their identity
I love module a, it's so good and the texts are perfect, they even have similar allusions to paradise lost
Unfortunately, im sad that its over, texts in time is a brilliant module
It's too bad it won't live.

tonyharrison

HSC
haha nice. but then again who does?
Aerath, that's what i thought you were getting at...
Anyone who studied Blade Runner would've gotten it :p

However, my personal favourite quote is Sebastian when he says, "They're my friends..i make them!" in his crazy pedo voice XD

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Aerath, that's what i thought you were getting at...
Anyone who studied Blade Runner would've gotten it :p

However, my personal favourite quote is Sebastian when he says, "They're my friends..i make them!" in his crazy pedo voice XD
Hahahahahahaha. "I think, therefore I am", has got new meaning. :p

HSC
i didnt mind this question but im happy to say bye bye to these texts. i must say when we started off i prefered frankenstein to bladerunner. by the end of it i liked bladerunner more.
cant say i 'hate' the texts as such though. just wish we could have done emma/clueless :(

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
i didnt mind this question but im happy to say bye bye to these texts. i must say when we started off i prefered frankenstein to bladerunner. by the end of it i liked bladerunner more.
cant say i 'hate' the texts as such though. just wish we could have done emma/clueless :(
Aah. We did Emma / Clueless last year in Extension and I hated it. I'd choose Frankenstein / Blade Runner to that any day - I just could NOT force myself to like Emma. All a matter of opinion though I guess!

I didn't mind the exam question at all though, it was very much the type of thing I was expecting. I was just glad they didn't make us write a conversation between Mary Shelley and Ridley Scott or something - that would've been terrible.

chavias

HSC
Can't stand english at the best of times - but Frankenstein and Blade runner made it that much worse. Disruption and identity - IDK, during reading time I just thought 'here we go, how much can I bs about here to make it look like I know what I am talking about'.

Suprisingly, I wrote a more detailed, and longer response then I have ever done. :bomb:

HSC
Aah. We did Emma / Clueless last year in Extension and I hated it. I'd choose Frankenstein / Blade Runner to that any day - I just could NOT force myself to like Emma. All a matter of opinion though I guess!

I didn't mind the exam question at all though, it was very much the type of thing I was expecting. I was just glad they didn't make us write a conversation between Mary Shelley and Ridley Scott or something - that would've been terrible.
i did emma/clueless in year 11 extension also :)
i didnt mind it. clueless was good, emma was a bit so so lol. but we did it towards the end of year 11 and i sort of didnt focus much lol so cant say i paid too much attention. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)