Frankenstein (1 Viewer)

school4nerds

HSC
I have to read Frankenstein by the end of these holidays and just bought the book. Should i read notes on frankenstein and plot summaries etc before i actually read the book? cause ive heard its hard to understand and i was thinking reading about it and everything beforehand might make it easier to read?

deswa1

HSC
I read the plot on wikipedia first and then the novel; that worked well for me.

cunliffe

HSC
N/A
It's not a hard book to read for an Advanced student-just a bit slow going in the descriptive sections. You've got a week left so you probably should stop procrastinating and get started.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I sat down at noon one day and finished it by 5pm, I believe.

If you don't mind - you can, as someone above suggested - read a plot summary... but, it doesn't take that long to finish. Just one afternoon's work.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
It's not a hard book to read for an Advanced student-just a bit slow going in the descriptive sections. You've got a week left so you probably should stop procrastinating and get started.
This. Frankenstein's really not that hard a read - its actually pretty easy. So you can read notes on it before hand but I'd say just get stuck into read it :)

harudew

HSC
Read through it a couple of times i found on my second read through i understood the concepts and plot far better and the book was also more interesting.

teeah

HSC
I'm not sure how much this will help, but try not to read it as a prescribed text. If you forget about the fact it's for school, it's actually quite a good book to read.
Then go through it a second time and analyse the hell out of it :p

ArguablyMitch

HSC
Hmm, I only read summaries after I've read the book, just to make sure that I've grasped the main ideas.
Also, I second those above me who said that it was an enjoyable read. Studying it has turned out to be quite interesting. As one poster said, try to forget that it's for school, which is not actually as hard as it sounds.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Wait, how is the ending in any way cry-worthy?

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
dont worry shadowdude rselvage is trolling but idk about other

smartalec

HSC
yeah you could do all that analysing shit, or alternatively you can skim the spark notes chapter review/plot reviews choose two themes to talk about and write them well and memorise it for every exam? I tried reading frankenstein but there was too many big words and was really boring.

bet you all laughed at my stupidity. I got a band 6. (admittedly a 90 but whatever haha, it was my exam mark that brought me up as I got 91!) and i got 17/20 for frankenstein (I fucked up fiftieth gate real bad.)

study smart not hard kids.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)