Frankenstien/Blade Runner (1 Viewer)

Funkifrog

HSC
I really need help so here is the story:

Before you all get on here telling me I shouldn't look for the easy way out or I should do the work myself I will explain in brief why I need help:

I am rather behind on my school work because not only am I trying to keep up on my school work I am also in the process of applying for the defence force which is a long tiring and time consuming process which has taken me out of school for many days at a time.

The truth is I still haven't read the book.

So anything anyone can give me to help would be greatly appricated soI'm talking study notes on either or both the texts, soming that summerises the important parts of the book to tie me over until I can read it. Comarisons pretty much anything you are willing to offer me.

Thanks heaps guys I really appriciate the fact that people might actually be willing to help me.

Thank again

Zoughii

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Seriously just look it up on wikipedia, I only read 2/3 of the book and have been bluffing that I read it for 2 terms now :D.

Also lol AHS.

Funkifrog

HSC
Seriously just look it up on wikipedia, I only read 2/3 of the book and have been bluffing that I read it for 2 terms now :D.

Also lol AHS.
Ya I tried but I'm still ost any help would be appriciated:uhhuh:

and what is with the lol AHS??? You know the school???

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
i have a study guide. you should get one. seriously. like what don't u know about the texts?

Funkifrog

HSC
i have a study guide. you should get one. seriously. like what don't u know about the texts?
Pretty much everything I have read the first 3 letters of the book that is it I watched blade runner and I didnt understand half of it, I wouldnt no where to start when it canme to comparing them and well yes...

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
Last edited:

emmcyclopedia

HSC
why don't you watch the Frankenstein movie? I haven't seen it, but I think there's a really old one that's centred around the book quite closely =)

Funkifrog

HSC
Spend like two hours looking at this site: SparkNotes: Frankenstein and read the plot overview and then read the symbols and stuff...

go to this site for BR: BRmovie.com: Blade Runner Analysis.

just spend a few hours reading these sites and you should get what is going on... compare a few hours reading with like 3 days of reading frankenstein...?

EDIT: can also help http://www.hsc.csu.edu.au/english/advanced/comparative/elect2/3724/frankenblade.htmhttp://www.hsc.csu.edu.au/english/advanced/comparative/elect2/3724/frankenblade.htm
Thank you.

Funkifrog

HSC
why don't you watch the Frankenstein movie? I haven't seen it, but I think there's a really old one that's centred around the book quite closely =)
Thought about that but the more people I spoke to the more they toldme that that movies and the book were really different and I would just confuss me.

But thanks for the thought.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Seriously avoid the movies they're terrible. Also if you sit down and read it the book should only take 4 hours at most to read. But it isn't that hard to follow, once you get past the monsters monologue you can just go off a plot synopsis.

Also yes I know Armidale high, it is fail. No-one from it can spell sense, it's really annoying.

Funkifrog

HSC
Seriously avoid the movies they're terrible. Also if you sit down and read it the book should only take 4 hours at most to read. But it isn't that hard to follow, once you get past the monsters monologue you can just go off a plot synopsis.

Also yes I know Armidale high, it is fail. No-one from it can spell sense, it's really annoying.
Ya ok thanksNo way I went to the other public school here in Armidale and Noway is it better i will never regret changing....but really the word sense....that is one of the weirdest reasons to get annoyed I have ever heard. lol but thanks for the advice.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
How is Duval not better than Armidale high? I've spoken to former Armidale High students and they don't have to reference stuff properly in English(even when they're quoting).

Of course our English department does suck a fair bit.

Funkifrog

HSC
How is Duval not better than Armidale high? I've spoken to former Armidale High students and they don't have to reference stuff properly in English(even when they're quoting).

Of course our English department does suck a fair bit.
I agree Duval use to be better but ever since Alice Cains It has just gone down hill faster and faster. As the saying goes the fish rots from the head down. I have parents at both schools and there was once a time where mum swore by Duval and swore it was better now she says that if it hasn't improved by the time my younger sister is ready to go to high school she will be sending her to AHS.

Duvals teachers are leaving left right and center because of poor management and because of that students are suffering we have one of the top rate english teacher in Australia who was rated the top english educator in NSW 3 years running and I am lucky enough to have him as a teacher I would however say Duval has better sporting opportunities but that is about it.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Our maths, history and science departments are all good it's just the rest are pretty ordinary. Alice Cairns wasn't a bad principal either was Phil Jones. It's just that one retired while the other got a promotion so we've been struggling in that sense. Our deputies are terrible, one is the type no-one respects while the other is a narcissistic prick. I do agree with you about a lot of our good teachers leaving but we still have some of the best teachers in town, our history department especially.

Funkifrog

HSC
Our maths, history and science departments are all good it's just the rest are pretty ordinary. Alice Cairns wasn't a bad principal either was Phil Jones. It's just that one retired while the other got a promotion so we've been struggling in that sense. Our deputies are terrible, one is the type no-one respects while the other is a narcissistic prick. I do agree with you about a lot of our good teachers leaving but we still have some of the best teachers in town, our history department especially.
Would definatly agree with the history point however totally disagree with the principal point i guess as a student you do get an inside look of what really goes on behind closed doors Alice Cains was of the biggest narcissistic bitches around over her rain roughly 8 or 9 teachers when on stress leave because of her and others where treated dreadfully it was when she started that the school started to decline. Phil Jones was the exact opposite he was weak and really don't don't no which is worse I again agree with the deputy points but for my own reasons but just think isn't Bealer the top candidate for principal.....

And one more point on Alice Cains Duval wasn't the first school she fucked up just look as Kempsey.... However it has rebounded due to an exellent new principle.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I have to ask this, is your first language English?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)