Freaking out about your exams? (1 Viewer)

First years: Freaked out about your exams?

• No, because I honestly don't care.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • No... but I should be.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Yes, because I know next to nothing about the course.

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • Yes, but it's only standard pre-exam nervousness.

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters

stazi

Nightman
HSC
c_james said:
So who's as screwed as I am for HSTY1045? I've just started studying and am already into the procrastination phase.
so screwed that you might get 88, instead of 95? that's pretty screwed :(

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
stazi said:
so screwed that you might get 88, instead of 95? that's pretty screwed :(
HAHAHAHA something like that. No, but seriously, I won't be getting a HD for this subject. I've done decently on assignments (around 80 or so), but they didn't cover exam content.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
goony said:
Just realised that there's a whole lot more in this physics exam than i thought (anyone else doing phys1001?) D:
nope...and im so bloody glad i aint doing physics...but biology sucks for those who've never done it before...just like people clueless abt physics could be dying right now.

HSC
CJames: I'm actually kind of looking forward to HSTY1045 exam...it will be nice to do a subject that I did in the HSC so the essayishness comes easily (that totally made no sense).

Sociology today was appalling for me. The questions were as easy as hell, but I kept talking myself into corners and using weird words...sigh. and I left a sentence unfinished ._.

HSC
N/A
Silver Persian said:
CJames: I'm actually kind of looking forward to HSTY1045 exam...it will be nice to do a subject that I did in the HSC so the essayishness comes easily (that totally made no sense).

Sociology today was appalling for me. The questions were as easy as hell, but I kept talking myself into corners and using weird words...sigh. and I left a sentence unfinished ._.

Yeah the sociology exam was wayy easier than I thought it would be. But I didn't study at all, which was a mistake. Thank god that was open book.

vegemite

HSC
Argh I got bored copying my notes for 2 hours

So who's as screwed as I am for HSTY1045? I've just started studying and am already into the procrastination phase.
I'm revising three topics...if two of those are taken out i will be farked :(

frootloop

HSC
I hate stats and calculus! :burn:

I didn't realise how much stuff we did this semester and it looks as though I'll have to stay up to study for tomorrow's exam... :(

'sif need statistics and calculus in the 'real' world. :rolleyes:

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
I'm just learning really general stuff at this stage. It's too much of a hassle to remember names, dates, places and all that jazz. I'll be able to wing the Rapport question, just because I can bullshit a whole heap about his contention that the period was defined by the emergence of 'mass politics' and 'balance of power' politics, but the two other questions will really be up to chance - whether I've learnt the content they specifically call for.

lala2

Banned
HSC
frootloop said:
I hate stats and calculus! :burn:

I didn't realise how much stuff we did this semester and it looks as though I'll have to stay up to study for tomorrow's exam... :(

'sif need statistics and calculus in the 'real' world. :rolleyes:
lol, frootloop, by the time you read this we'll probably have done our exam already but am finishing off stats right now and planning to cram like hell for calculus for another 2 hours (since calculus is the stronger of the two). Totally agree with you.

walrusbear

HSC
c_james said:
me
just starting study now
i missed around 3/4 of the lectures

i'm also just looking over 3 topics and hoping 2 of them won't be gone
i'm predicting the 'enlightenment' question won't be there, seeing as it was the topic for the first 'essay'

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
walrusbear said:
me
just starting study now
i missed around 3/4 of the lectures

i'm also just looking over 3 topics and hoping 2 of them won't be gone
i'm predicting the 'enlightenment' question won't be there, seeing as it was the topic for the first 'essay'
HAHAHAHA, and I thought I had it bad. Oh well, glance over to seat number 20 if you need some encouragement by seeing me being stumped for anything to write.

Last edited:

frootloop

HSC
YAY!!!! :) :D Finished my last exam!!!

Although I didn't have enough time to attempt every question I'm still still fairly confident I passed with flying colours.

Currently, I'm functioning on about 3 hours of sleep so I'm considering taking a nap at the moment...:sleep:

And don't have to worry about marks for about 2 weeks!

It would've been nice to have gone out with some friends to celebrate the end of our exams but what can you do really? My school friends and I never went out (not even after the HSC) and I barely know my uni 'friends'... oh well.

edit: oops... it's only about a week until we get results back... that's still OK

Last edited:

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
frootloop said:

Although I didn't have enough time to attempt every question I'm still still fairly confident I passed with flying colours.

Currently, I'm functioning on about 3 hours of sleep so I'm considering taking a nap at the moment...:sleep:

It would've been nice to have gone out with some friends to celebrate the end of our exams but what can you do really? My school friends and I never went out (not even after the HSC) and I barely know my uni 'friends'... oh well.
Lol how good does it feel not having to do the exams coz they are finaly over!!
Have a good nap, you really need it;)

HSC
N/A
I'm a little freaked out about INFS (Business Information Systems Foudations). Only because I don't understand any of it. At least there's an essay/long response section. "If you can't dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit."

lala2

Banned
HSC
frootloop said:

Ditto! :D How many marks did you leave out? there was one girl who left--yes left--a good half an hour early :eek: but no-one else even finished. Geez. I didn't attempt about 10% of the paper--not good. Oh well, it was between finishing the 12 marker q5 for calculus and doing 30 marks of MC, so I guess I was better off finishing the MC :p

frootloop

HSC
lala2 said:
Ditto! :D How many marks did you leave out? there was one girl who left--yes left--a good half an hour early :eek: but no-one else even finished. Geez. I didn't attempt about 10% of the paper--not good. Oh well, it was between finishing the 12 marker q5 for calculus and doing 30 marks of MC, so I guess I was better off finishing the MC :p
You only left out 12 marks? I left out way more than that! Must've spent too much time on MC.

I don't think anyone in my room left early. If someone had I would've been like :eek: as well.

sirius_g

HSC
hey guys

hmmm not sure if this really belongs here

Does anyone do Work 2221 or org communication here? Was it me or was that just the gayest exam you've ever sat. I mean if I wanted to write two scripts I would have done film making. And the exam was sooo long for 1 1/2 hours.

I really regret getting up at 6:00 ( I live really far away) to go and listen to Arlene read the textbook. Enough said - my advice to anyone thinking of doing Work 2221 next year - Don't!

HSC
Yay I finished exams :)

Hsty1045 was good for me today...I seem to be the only one on the board who wasn't panicked about it. But some of the questions were amazingly broad (How did the position of women change in the nineteenth century??) so you could ramble endlessly.

FOUR WEEKS HOLIDAY!!!!11!!!!!1!!K1<F<!OJKF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)