Freaking out about your exams? (1 Viewer)

First years: Freaked out about your exams?

• No, because I honestly don't care.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • No... but I should be.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Yes, because I know next to nothing about the course.

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • Yes, but it's only standard pre-exam nervousness.

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters

lala2

Banned
HSC
*Dr Nick Riviera's tone* Hello everybody!!!!!!!!! *reverts to normal voice* I'd just like to announce that I've finished...ECOLOGY!!!!!!!! WOOHOO! I only have four more areas of bio to study :( but it's all my favourite stuff and after having procrastinated since I came home about ecology, I think I might actually have a chance of getting to bed by 2am.

That's my announcement for today, just so damn proud I'm back on my feet after 4 hours after an exam--usually it takes until the next day :p Good luck to you all, hehe.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i hate my exam timetable oh so much. 2 days of exams in a row, then a 3-day weekend break, then 2 days of exams in a row. grrr. i hate concurrent exams.

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
stazi said:
i hate my exam timetable oh so much. 2 days of exams in a row, then a 3-day weekend break, then 2 days of exams in a row. grrr. i hate concurrent exams.
Well at least they'll be over and done with:)

YAY my last one is tomorrow morning:D

stazi

Nightman
HSC
that'd be brilliant, IF I wasn't getting sick and if I didn't want very high marks. :( which i do. It's going to be a compromise b/w getting an HD in marketing and a pass or credit in ibus, or a d in marketing and a high credit or d in ibus. hmm.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah im doing all that (no fish oil though). going to sleep now not completely studied, but have to wake up at 7 :( :(

transcendent

HSC
N/A
0 study for exam tomorrow. seriously do not care anymore. i don't mind labouring for the rest of my life, but job security sucks balls. :( never going to get this degree, not going to use it anyways. might go tafe if i can ever be bothered one day.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
jhakka said:
Educational Psychology is another wank that all Bachelor of Education students have to do in second year, regardless of if they're doing Primary, Secondary, etc. The only ones who don't have to are the Education/Arts (Psych) kids.

All about knowledge, learning and so on. Then it goes on to irrelevant stuff like outcomes. Can you say boring?
We did all that stuff in first year psych. It isn't THAT bad lol Well I quite enjoyed it in first year Psych. But I guess that's because I'm the psych-way inclined. Most Ed/Arts kids are there for ed/arts and not the psyco-babble. *hugs psych*

2 more for me! Today's exam will be a breeze, it's on 2 novels that I've been reading since year 9. Freaking out about Stats though...and this damned Credit Avg.

Libbster

HSC
only adv physics to go and then its time to par-tay lol :)

J

jhakka

Malfoy said:
I just think it'd be much better structured to have two separate second semester courses for first year - one for primary/early childhood and one for adolescence. The first half will be irrelevant to half the course, and the second half to the other, so there's no point.

Practical stuff would be awesome. It'd be great if we could start on that straight away, because I do believe that a lot of what we're being taught isn't relevant. EDUF1018 was good (well, the tutes were) out of interest, but not really applicable in a classroom setting. I have less than no expectations of 1019 being any good. (I can't wait for the elective on curriculum... can't remember what it's called but I think it'll be interesting)

When's prac start, anyway? Third year? And what is this craft knowledge? I heard it's like 6 hours a week!
EDUF 1018 was a waste of time. It was pretty much a preview of everything you'll be doing later on.

EDUF 1019 gives a good overview of cognitive development that will be useful, but not much more than that. I see it as more of a subject on pareting more than anything. Plus, the electives later on (Adolescence, etc) make it a bit redundant.

Prac happens in second semester of third year, as far as I know. Observation in first semester. I would like it earlier, but I've only just started thinking of myself as something other than a kid fresh out of high school.

HSC
N/A
hiphophooray123 said:
expect at least a high credit in:

philosophy
socio-legal studies
political economy (maybe a low D)

expecting a FUCKING FAIL or a low pass by chance in:

psychology
Haha, yeah Psychology was pretty nasty today. Can't believe the number of typos they had. They spelt Anorexia wrong. I got annoyed and left 40mins early. Don't think I did very well either.

Sociology tomorrow will be even worse :(.

darkroomgirl

HSC
This is kinda unrelated to anything that anyone just said, but I am SO SICK of studying. I want to chuck my books and notes and never have to look at them again.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Agreed. Am so sick of uni and anything study related. Usually I take the attitude of "Ok, a semester has gone by so might as well cram and do my best in the last stretch" but now I'm all BLAGHHHHHHH!

2 exams tomorrow and then I am DONE! :D

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I accidentally wrote secks in the HSTY exam when I meant sex. (In re/ Gender - American HSTY1076)

:(:(:(

How fucking embarrassment.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
to the psych people: don't worry, the exam will be scaled. psych has a relatively low fail rate.

and grrr i truly hate missing exams.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
ameh said:
I accidentally wrote secks in the HSTY exam when I meant sex. (In re/ Gender - American HSTY1076)

:(:(:(

How fucking embarrassment.
ROFL thats gold!!! :rofl:

I can't wait til Monday - anyone who finishes on Monday arvo should come up to Manning at 5 pm ish and get drunked with me!!! :) There will be a big crowd of us there, so please, come a long - it should be great! :D

tennille

HSC
ujuphleg said:
ROFL thats gold!!! :rofl:

I can't wait til Monday - anyone who finishes on Monday arvo should come up to Manning at 5 pm ish and get drunked with me!!! :) There will be a big crowd of us there, so please, come a long - it should be great! :D
I don't finish till wednesday. :(

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
i have one tomorrow then a 5 days break until the last exam, which i couldn't care less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)