Freaking out about your exams? (1 Viewer)

First years: Freaked out about your exams?

• No, because I honestly don't care.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • No... but I should be.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Yes, because I know next to nothing about the course.

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • Yes, but it's only standard pre-exam nervousness.

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
My phone rang New Order incessantly during the PHIL1011 exam today.

Plus I didn't write enough. And And. Yeah it's over :)

P.S. Twas sitting at the front

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Libbster said:
lol ok that is just freaky for two reasons: that people can find out my real name, and that u thought i was asian lol

lol and yes i realise that my hotmail address gives away my name but anyways :p
Well, i didn't use your msn. I used your post in the psych forum. Libby who does the same subjects as you and is all stressed about exam. It all came together.

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
Tennille said:
spank_meh: I think that's the case for most people. Physics seemed interesting during first semester, but it was difficult to understand the concepts and apply them to problems. That's why I dropped it. But it's true that if you don't like a subject you tend not to go well in it.
:uhhuh:
Agreed.. Omg i remember doing astrophysics.. gosh.. it was way too hard for my brain! I really sucked at it coz our lesons were just simply a bludge.. The teacher just let us do watever we wanned and walked outa the room.. i wonder were he was going all the time :rolleyes:

lala2

Banned
HSC
frootloop said:
The Foundations of Pharmacy exam was OK I guess... though some of the questions were fairly tricky. And why on Earth did we need a calculator? :confused:

Now to study (cram) for Bio... only need 25% in the exam to pass. Not too worried. :)
Ditto! You must've left so soon or lived really close, to get to a computer at that time though. I only just got home. Yeah, dunno why we needed a calculator, maybe just to see how we could time ourselves per question (but it's basically one question a minute, or thereabouts).

I only need about 25% to pass the unit as well, studied ecology on the train home--first two lectures--yay. Sigh, I'm up for a long night ahead, am only glad that bio's not first thing tomorrow morning so I won't suffer from a lack of sleep.

Libbster

HSC
stazi said:
Well, i didn't use your msn. I used your post in the psych forum. Libby who does the same subjects as you and is all stressed about exam. It all came together.
how cunning :p lol yes it is indeed moi

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
PHIL1011 was surprisingly painless. Seat number 38 here, for you stalkers.

HSC
Ah the geopolitics exam yesterday was horrible. I keep having flashbacks to stupid things that I wrote, and my essays had no structure/argument - just totally rambling.

Hurray for no GOVT next semester :)

J

jhakka

IS FINISH! IS FINISH! IS FINISH!

I love only having two exams... both in the first week. :)

J

jhakka

Ouch. That sucks Malfoy (you were rhapsodyinblack back in the day, right?).

I had my share of finishing on the last/second last day both semesters last year, and in my HSC. It's my turn to finish first. :D

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
jhakka said:
Ouch. That sucks Malfoy (you were rhapsodyinblack back in the day, right?).

I had my share of finishing on the last/second last day both semesters last year, and in my HSC. It's my turn to finish first. :D
Yes, yes she was rhapsodyinblack.

Justin!! I don't like you!! I wanna be finished as well.

I had two exams today, both of which went ok... and I got rained on leaving uni at 5pm... :( I had lunch with Stas though, that was good.

J

jhakka

Malfoy said:
Ha, lol, yeah I was! (Surprised you remember, actually!)

Eh, I don't mind so much, gives me time to destress and actually prepare for the EDUF one, given that I'm doing well in it and therefore would actually like to get a D or HD. How easy is it to get marks in that exam? (To get an HD, I need 75 in the exam).

Susan - How'd the exams go?
From memory it wasn't a difficult exam, and I did minimal study for it (something different... or not). You could pass it just by reading lecture notes.

And of course I remember. Back in the day when NS was fun to post in. *misses Loz and Macccca and co.*

Susan: My turn to finish first! :p

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
oh god damn tommorow psych exam is probably the first exam i have ever freaked out about in my entire life i have done NO study and it is what i plan to major in (smart move eh).

phil was nice today i liked it i wanted the question on immorality in art but oh well, did 2 1/2 to 3 pages for each essay

J

jhakka

Malfoy said:
So a 75 is easily achievable, then, if I actually do some work?

NS is so random now - I think cause politics, hobbies, fashion, and everything else has its own forum it's a little redundant. Still fun sometimes, but I generally steer clear of it unless I'm really bored.

Hee! *is talking to the wonderful Macccca now and loves him very much*
Shouldn't be too tough. But then again, there are so many factors that can work against you in uni.

I learned early on to be happy with passes and credits. Only because although I could HD if I spent a significant amount of time on study/work, it would take all the fun out of life.

J

jhakka

Ah, fair enough. You actually have a reason for it. :p

I love passing before the exam. It's brilliant. Unlike you, though, I walked into my exam today having done minimal to no study. :D

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Malfoy said:
Ha, lol, yeah I was! (Surprised you remember, actually!)

Eh, I don't mind so much, gives me time to destress and actually prepare for the EDUF one, given that I'm doing well in it and therefore would actually like to get a D or HD. How easy is it to get marks in that exam? (To get an HD, I need 75 in the exam).

Susan - How'd the exams go?
They were ok... ECOP 2011 wasn't as bad as I expected I knew enough to bullshit my way through - I think I did ok in the short answer and stuffed the essay royally. All I need is a 52% in this exam to get a credit which is two whole increments higher than I ever expected for this course, and for that, I am extremely happy.

GOVT 2119 was also pretty good. 10 minutes in the guy in front of me mangaged fully squash my finger in between my desk and his chair. When the pain subsided I wrote a reasonable amount for each essay, one of which was the exact same question as my major essay so fingers crossed. I want 80% in that exam, but I'll probably get around the 70's... which is good too.

I just can't wait for the semester to be over.... BRING ON MONDAY! :D

J

jhakka

Malfoy: Holy moly! Now that is natural talent at its best!

I have vowed so many times to avoid the research as you go approach (Ed Psych essay killed me) while doing it in one day. It's just not cool, for health or for marks... generally. :p

J

jhakka

Malfoy said:
While the Education essay did not kill me, doing the 'resesarch as you go, while doing things on the day they're due' damn near did two weeks later, what with HSTY1076, HSTY1025 and ENGL1002 all being due on the same day (!!!!!) and me being too lazy to organise my time properly.

What is Ed Psych for? Is it a compulsory course?

And to Susan - well done! That sounds awesome. And I am absolutely sure you'll get your 52 - you'll probably do much better. I know what you mean about waffling on about everything you know! Isn't that what we all do during exams?
Educational Psychology is another wank that all Bachelor of Education students have to do in second year, regardless of if they're doing Primary, Secondary, etc. The only ones who don't have to are the Education/Arts (Psych) kids.

All about knowledge, learning and so on. Then it goes on to irrelevant stuff like outcomes. Can you say boring?

J

jhakka

The adolescent development stuff would be relevant to us, but there's actually a unit about that later on. I'm doing it as my elective next semester.

I want more practical stuff, to be perfectly honest. Craft Knowledge was good, but it had no prac or observation to back it up. Ed Psych was just boring as batshit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)