• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Freaking out about your exams? (1 Viewer)

First years: Freaked out about your exams?

• No, because I honestly don't care.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • No... but I should be.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Yes, because I know next to nothing about the course.

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • Yes, but it's only standard pre-exam nervousness.

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Ideal qn for Wednesdeys PHIL1011 exam (Meta-ethnics section)

- ''List everything you know about Supernaturalism. preferably in dotpoints and nonsensical scribble. brownie points for any arrows and stapled monies.''

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
ameh said:
Ideal qn for Wednesdeys PHIL1011 exam (Meta-ethnics section)

- ''List everything you know about Supernaturalism. preferably in dotpoints and nonsensical scribble. brownie points for any arrows and stapled monies.''
You are aware the pool of possible exam questions for PHIL1011 is available on WebCT, right?

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
frootloop said:
:(

I haven't felt this horrible after an exam in about a year and a half...

Yes, chem was horrid. well, at least I thought it was... everyone else was all smiles and dancing and laughing and comparing answers and hugging each other and there was more dancing and merriment... go away.

Gah... I hate feeling average. I hate BEING average. Below average even. I hate uni. I feel like such a fraud. High UAI =/= smart. Such an idiot.

I think I've already lost a third of the marks from leaving questions out and guessing heaps of answers. Minus about 15-20 marks more (from stupid errors) and I'm just above a fail- if I'm lucky.

I am definitely NOT in the mood to study for my other exams.
Aww, cheer up.

I had to half-guess some of the reaction questions and I never knew when to add heat. In the end I just shoved "heat" under a few random reaction arrows, just in case.

How bad was the quantum numbers question? Bloody hell, I never thought of applying it that way. Maybe I was the only one. :(

And Fischer structures of amino acids! ROFL I totally guessed all four.

Oh and that alarm. Even after it stopped it was still ringing in my head.

We get a one-day break before PHAR1615 though. :eek: I had to wake up at 6 today to revise.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Nakashima said:
I had to half-guess some of the reaction questions and I never knew when to add heat. In the end I just shoved "heat" under a few random reaction arrows, just in case.
Another Pharmacy student! yipee! I didn't know when to add heat either! But I didn't think to shove a couple of 'heats' underneath...oops. Oh well, hope half marks are given.

Nakashima said:
How bad was the quantum numbers question? Bloody hell, I never thought of applying it that way. Maybe I was the only one. :(
I had a really bad feeling that this year's paper was going to be so totally not like any other past paper, so I studied everything . This is just from having one too many papers that are the odd ones out from a constant trend in the previous years, so it taught me to keep on guard--well. So fortunately I was prepared but yes I can understand that--I would've been totally thrown off too.

Nakashima said:
Oh and that alarm. Even after it stopped it was still ringing in my head.
There was an alarm? Didn't hear it, or maybe I did but was too busy concentrating to register. Were you in Drawing Room 2? I was in Drawing Room 1 :confused: though if they were next to each other I dunno how that could've made a difference....

Nakashima said:
We get a one-day break before PHAR1615 though. :eek: I had to wake up at 6 today to revise.
Yes for that one day break! Tonight (hopefully lol) to do PHAR1615, and tomorrow to do Biology! Good grief you woke up at 6?! I wouldn't have been able to--stayed up till 1am to study.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
lala2 said:
There was an alarm? Didn't hear it, or maybe I did but was too busy concentrating to register. Were you in Drawing Room 2? I was in Drawing Room 1 :confused: though if they were next to each other I dunno how that could've made a difference....
During the first 30 minutes or so. It was coming from somewhere else on campus but it was loud enough to hear. I was in Drawing Room 1 too. Maybe you were concentrating too hard. :p
lala2 said:
Yes for that one day break! Tonight (hopefully lol) to do PHAR1615, and tomorrow to do Biology! Good grief you woke up at 6?! I wouldn't have been able to--stayed up till 1am to study.
Parents wouldn't let me sleep too late.

I have another 3 or 4 chapters to read for bio. :( And I've just started pharm. Tonight. All I've done now is biopsychosocial and biomedical models. Which is like, the first 5 pages.

tennille

HSC
It's right next door. I was in the electrical engineering building at the time and it was quite loud. It's weird how you guys couldn't hear it much, though.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Tennille said:
It's right next door. I was in the electrical engineering building at the time and it was quite loud. It's weird how you guys couldn't hear it much, though.
Oh I heard it quite clearly. Although I would have guessed it would be somewhere as far away as Eastern Ave. Maybe the walls are semi-soundproof.

Anyway, it went on for ages. How did you guys do your exam? :confused:

tennille

HSC
We were evacuated for the 30 min, and then went back to do the exam once the alarm stopped.

J

jhakka

As far as exams go:

ENGL 2632: Only need about 5 marks out of 35 to pass the subject. Not particularly worried.
EDUF 2006: Already passed the subject. Not worried at all.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I'm ready for my exam tomorrow but I'm kinda freaked outabout finding the room. Damn the complicated engineering section :mad:

I always go to uni ecxessively early on exam days anyway so I have about 60mins to find the room :p

Last edited:

frootloop

HSC
What a coincidence! I was in drawing room 1 as well!

I heard the alarm but it wasn't very loud and it didn't go for very long (if I recall correctly). Hardly noticed it.

tennille

HSC
Sarah168 said:
I'm ready for my exam tomorrow but I'm kinda freaked outabout finding the room. Damn the complicated engineering section :mad:

I always go to uni ecxessively early on exam days anyway so I have about 60mins to find the room :p
Lol. I had to bring my diary in to find the electrical engineering building today. Wasn't too hard, but I'm not sure about the rest of engineering.

The worst was finding Storie Dixon. It took me about 30 min to find.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Malfoy said:
HSTY1025 wasn't easy, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
I'm gonna have to disagree on this one. The sheer scope and generality of the questions were a real load off my shoulders at least.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Maybe I shouldn't vent here, but I just spent 6hrs straight studying, its 3:30am and my Acct exam is in 6hrs, and I'm going to sleep........ NOWZ.

Oh yeah, and I'm also going to fail. :(

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
what971 said:
Maybe I shouldn't vent here, but I just spent 6hrs straight studying, its 3:30am and my Acct exam is in 6hrs, and I'm going to sleep........ NOWZ.

Oh yeah, and I'm also going to fail. :(
Good luck! :)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
jhakka said:
As far as exams go:

ENGL 2632: Only need about 5 marks out of 35 to pass the subject. Not particularly worried.
EDUF 2006: Already passed the subject. Not worried at all.
Don't you still need to get at least 40% in the exam to pass the course though?

(as a minimum assessment requirement)

J

jhakka

Tennille said:
Lol. I had to bring my diary in to find the electrical engineering building today. Wasn't too hard, but I'm not sure about the rest of engineering.

The worst was finding Storie Dixon. It took me about 30 min to find.
Electrical Engineering was a bitch to find. I just followed someone else who had the textbook for my subject. :)

ujuphleg said:
Don't you still need to get at least 40% in the exam to pass the course though?

(as a minimum assessment requirement)
Not that I know of. Having said that, though, I feel that my answers were pretty decent. Pass-worthy at the very least.

EDIT: One down, one to go. I wonder how Jem went.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)