Free elective!!! Easy and low contact hours (1 Viewer)

ihateuni

HSC
Firstly, just to clarify I'm doing a Bachelor of Engineering (Software) and I have a free elective next semester. So basically I can pick most subjects that aren't restricted right?

Now to the fun part, right now my sem1 timetable is hell (9-6 most days) so for semester two I'm looking for an elective which will give me 4 days a week. This would save me traveling like 3 hours a day.
What do you guys recommend? I'm looking for something interesting with minimal workload and roughly 3 or 4 contact hours a week. The commerce subjects seem to be tempting...

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
try phys1160 introduction to astronomy, its entirely online.
it seems to be most peoples go to subject.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Do something you like. If the Commerce ones look interesting, do a Commerce one.

Use the handbook and other resources to suss out what you actually learn.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
As above, astronomy. Guaranteed HD unless you are a FOB.

ihateuni

HSC
Astronomy is a gen ed subject, is it good to do a gen ed as a free elective?

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
well, astronomy isn't even technically a gen ed subject because it is PHYS1160, not GENX####, although it can be taken as a gen ed.
Free elective and gen eds are pretty much the same thing except gen eds cant be from your faculty.

yemeni cricket

HSC
N/A
Cyberlaw 2.0 (GENL2032) is really interesting and it's only 3 hours per week. The assessment is 10% participation, 30% 1000 word case study, and 60% 3000 word essay.
Easy as! And the lecturer (David Vaile) is awesome.

Skid9

HSC
N/A
As above, astronomy. Guaranteed HD unless you are a FOB.
I'm thinking of taking this next semester.

What exactly are the Group discussions (worth around 26%) like? How often/ to what extent are students expected to participate? I will be in big trouble if we're supposed to sound like Sheldon Cooper haha!

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
I'm thinking of taking this next semester.

What exactly are the Group discussions (worth around 26%) like? How often/ to what extent are students expected to participate? I will be in big trouble if we're supposed to sound like Sheldon Cooper haha!
Just need one answer and one question every 2 weeks or so.
E.g. They'll have like a discussion forum for Weeks 1 and 2, so you need to do something for that, then the next one will be for Weeks 3 and 4, etc.

ihateuni

HSC
Just incase that course is full am I allowed to take a gen-ed as a free elective anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)