French 2004 (1 Viewer)

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
hey guys, woo i had a french continuers class of 3! needless to say it was a great 2 years, and combining with the beginners was alot of fun (there were 9 of them!)

just a warning to you all though- if you have a crappy teacher who you think will start to slacken off, then TELL SOMEONE before its too late. Me and the other 2 girls ended up having to teach ourselves prelim and HSC french, which was an extremely difficult task! Its not a subject that you can just revise notes for, so you gotta make sure you know what you ned to know!

Sargal, the best way to study is just to find french everywhere you go. While you're writing posts here at the boards, tune into french radio over the web. you learn lots of informal grammar which is what sets you apart from ppl who write stuff that soudns liek its been copied directly out of the dictionary! Tape "le journal" on SBS and watch it a couple of times- helps you with "the world around you" which is what the exam is realy based on

for speaking practice, say stuf out aloud. I used to commentate what i was doing aroudn the house. Eg, I'm going to the fridge, I think i need an extra jumper, i relaly hate that song. Another good trick is to try and translate sentences you hear. Watch the telly one night, pick a few sentances here and there and try and say it in french.

bonne chance tout le monde pour cette anne! J'espre que vous puits d'tude et vous recevrez les rsultats que vous mritez. N'oubliez pas de demander pour l'aide ici!

parko

ps- et je suis dsol pour ma grammaire, je sais qu'elle est terrible aprs le HSC!

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
merci beaucoup parko, ta grammaire n'est pas mal!!!! Combien tu recu pour l'HSC francais?

Y2Jackie

Hey,
I'm doing Beginners and I think it's great :p and I thought we had a small class lol... 13 filles. We have a French French teacher atm :p that's cool. We forget stuff, but it's a fun class, we help each other out and laugh at ourselves when we say stupid things hehe...

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
Salut Supra

j'ai reu 69 pour le franais. Extrmement du mais comme j'a dit avant, je n'ai pas eu un professeur pour deux annes (ou une trs merde une au moins!)

it may sound like an exaggeration, but seriously, my teacher was pathetic. We never did work in class, everything i did was on my own, at home or in the library. The beginners teacher came up to me at our results breakfast and said she was so sorry about what we had to put up with (shes very sweet) and was really apologetic that she couldnt do anything about her for us.

we would have said something, but in yr10, my friend complained about her to the head of history/languages. The head teacher then went to my french teacher and told her who the student was who put a complaint in about her- needless to say my friend left the class. we just didnt want to have to out up with shit like that. it was actually better when she didnt show up!!

ah well, thats the beauty of hindsight i guess! just work your tails off guys, cos its a great course and you can do very well in it!!

cheers
parko

chepas

HSC
There doesn't seem to be an 'option' per se re 3u french, as far as the 1u ext is concerned. For ext the only option/choice I think is that there's a choice between which film you use for the prescribed text, either "Marius et Jeannette" or "Au revoir les enfants". And that 'choice' is pretty much out of our hands anyway. Anything goes pretty much, as long as it's under this big umbrella of 'the individual in society' or something, with 3 mandatory sub-themes, belonging vs alienation, coping with change and tolerance of difference. Everything seems to be about me me me with these LOTE courses...

So as far as choosing a topic to do, on n'a vraiment pas l'choix!

Marie-Paule

yer its good lol im mauritian so i wanna do 3u but i kinda decided too late heheh now i dont think theyll let me pick it up :( o well lets just hope aye lol how bout u u do 2u or 3? lol r u class of 04

chepas

HSC
Hey that's cool that ur mauritian. So ur pretty much a native speaker then? Yer, I'm doing 3u this year, but through Open High correspondance - where so many native speakers are doing it it's not funny... hehe. It's cool though. :) Sad they can't let u do it. Though it's a lot of stuff to catch up on, even just for a 1u course, which i find hard to believe that it IS only a 1u course, cos there's so much stuff...

chepas

HSC
marsden high. a school whose teachers except a handful just suck the will to do anything out of you. soul destroying. Mais a, c'est vraiment la vie, n'est-ce pas? hehe... how bout u?

chepas

HSC
guy :). that profile thing jsut keeps dieing on me... take it ur a chick cos of the feminine version of 'fou', yeh?

Jun Jun

HSC
Salut tout le monde, je suis une ptite nouvelle ici :)

Bon, ben cette annee, j'ai choisi 3 UN French, et malheuresement, je suis la seule dans ma classe, les autres ont choise 2 UN French, et c'est pas marrant ... lol .. je suis toute seule!

Enfin bref .. il y a quelqu'un qui parle couramment francais ici?

Last edited:

chepas

HSC
Bienvenue, Jun Jun. Je viens juste d'arriver de 'poster' les massages sur ces forums aussi, il y a quelques jours.

Bon, parler le franais couramment, c'est une autre chose que le taper/crire, hein? :)

Alors, pour l'extension, quel film tudies-tu? Les profs ont choisi "Marius et Jeannette". Je suis effectivement tout seul aussi, car je fais le 3U par corrspondance, mais il y a 14 de nous dans la 'classe' qui allons aux lons mensuelles 'face to face'.

La seule chose qui me rase, c'est qu'on doit crire des 'essays' pour l'extension - une faon d'crire o je suis vraiment nul! Si c'est un dialogue ou qch d'autre, a va, mais avec ces maudits essays...

Combien d'tudiants a-t-elle, ta classe de 'continuers'? A Open High (corres.) il y en a 82!

chepas

HSC
they call me "Michael".... thats what appears on my birth certificate, i think :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)