• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Frontlining it (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Frontline is ok
im getting sick of it but as we r up to watching the 5th episode

Zali

HSC
I like frontline its heaps better than the other texts u have to study. Their clothes are only ugly because the episodes were made in like 1994 10 years ago

suger_plum

Banned
In Heads Racing Car Bed!!! You Know You Want Me!!!
HSC
i find the humour dull
i am not interested taking more interest in the folder which happens to look like a pillow every english lesson
i know having a negative attitude towards the text is a bad idea. however
the humour id dulll
the clothes suck
looking at the main dudes hair is enough to want to attacjk him with scissor and a brush
and the fact that theyre trying to be funni. but not

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
its not THAT bad
its way better than king lear or brave new world/blade runner i have to say

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
True!! The humour is like..soo weird. The first episode you watch like the siege is kinda funny. But then it slowly loses its touch.. gosh its becoming incredibly tedious.. Also its related texts are quite hard to allocate.

bEAbEA

HSC
i like frontline because the episodes are short and they have so much in them - it is the only english topic that i am confident with. Its a bad show, but it really suits the telling the truth module.

Shkabumpshkin

HSC
i dont know if frontline's all that bad.. but we studied the castle in extension and it was heaps better, and the humour's not that different. We're only up to our second episode though.. I reckon the whole Advanced course is a little sucky..

Shkabumpshkin

HSC
I know you shouldnt really reply to yourself... but i just decided that Advanced isnt sucky. Frontline is just a little bit dated i think, all the acting seems a little forced to me.

kim_

yea i dont lyk frontline all too much, but i guess its alrite as english is now a bludge... i hate brookes bright red suits, and lipstick, the humour is outdated and obvious and im guna feel stupid writing about how funny it is

ishq

brown?
HSC
I'm in love with Mike.
He' so.....manly.

switchblade87

HSC
I personally enjoy watching Frontline, we're only up to our 3rd episode, but there are several amusing parts throughout. The guys are funny, as they are on the panel. :)

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
its ok... its not that bad considering this was in 1994... we were in yr 1 then.... so parts are funny and u have so much to write about it for every episode...but considering ive only done 3 i can't say too much.... ive done the seige, we ain't got dames, and playing the ego card...

scraggy321

Shazam
HSC
I dont mind Frontline at all. Ive found each episode have their funny bits but i guess when a text is branded an 'English text' we instinctively disgust it. But personally, im enjoying it a lot more than all the other texts ive done this year(besides pardoners tale etc.)

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
personally, i liked frontline as a series to watch. but deconstructing it again and again which ive been doing in class has made me sick of it, just like king lear and emma/clueless.
frontline completely distorted my view of the news and currrent affairs. i cant watch the news normally anymore, i can't look at current affairs normally anymore, all i think is, what the hell could they have changed in that? what's the appeal of that bull**** story? but frontline is exaggerated to a great extent. its a pretty good series...i hate brooke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)