fucking timetables (1 Viewer)

HSC
are you wankers stupid?

stop whining about getting a shit timetable because it varies among diff courses and first year is always the best. the following year gets worst like what im dealing wit now. this is basically the same for any uni bcuz itz based on the timetablleing of the uni which is the pretty much the farking same from all uni, itz rlly the same as personalising it urself dumbasses but itz alrdy done 4 u cuntz

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Anyone recall when we were ACTUALLY able to make our timetables last year?

They say O-Week but I do recall it may have been on the Friday the week before. Reason I really need to know is because I have a 5 day faculty excursion to Northern NSW starting O-Week at 7:30AM so I may be without access to a computer until the end of week.

twistedrebel

HSC
are you wankers stupid?

stop whining about getting a shit timetable because it varies among diff courses and first year is always the best. the following year gets worst like what im dealing wit now. this is basically the same for any uni bcuz itz based on the timetablleing of the uni which is the pretty much the farking same from all uni, itz rlly the same as personalising it urself dumbasses but itz alrdy done 4 u cuntz
nah bro, UNSW is more advanced.

blueberrybuny3

HSC
That's only in semester two. The changes are in Carslaw in semester one.
Hey, I was just wondering that since we have limited priviliges to change our timetable at home does that mean if we go out to the Carslaw building in O-Week we can actually get the people from student central to manually move our timetables without restriction?

Also a side question, do the people from Cumberland campus have a special place to go to get their timetables changed or is it just at the Carslaw building?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Anyone recall when we were ACTUALLY able to make our timetables last year?

They say O-Week but I do recall it may have been on the Friday the week before. Reason I really need to know is because I have a 5 day faculty excursion to Northern NSW starting O-Week at 7:30AM so I may be without access to a computer until the end of week.
In recent years it's often been the Monday or Wednesday of the week before O-Week.

speedofsound

HSC
yeah seriously it's really fucking dumb that we have to wait so long for our timetables. how hard is it to get a computer to automate everyones timetables? or why can't we just pick them ourselves? and i was told at the enrollment day that we got to see our timetables on february 12. but does this only apply to first years or something?

HSC
The suspense is killing me! I want to go in an modify the bajesus out of my timetable NOW!

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
the personal timetable may not be out, the lecture/tute times for units are up
so you can still sort of work out what your potential timetable might loook like

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
I have a mock timetable prepared with Thursday and Friday free but I am not sure if I should celebrate just yet. For AGEC2103, they still haven't got the tute times up yet. Considering there won't be many people doing it, I don't have much flexibility with less classes running so I have to hope there won't be any on Thursday or Friday.

Edit:

Just checked and they have put up the AGEC2103 tute times up. 9AM - 11AM on Thursday morning it is. Shame I don't have a perfect week, but I have to admit I'm quite impressed with that. Now it is just onto actually finalising that on the system.

Last edited:
HSC
the personal timetable may not be out, the lecture/tute times for units are up
so you can still sort of work out what your potential timetable might loook like
Yeah I've already had a look at it and it's not looking good..
There is a high chance that they will put me into friday classes..... *shrieks*

jet

Banned
HSC
Hey, I was just wondering that since we have limited priviliges to change our timetable at home does that mean if we go out to the Carslaw building in O-Week we can actually get the people from student central to manually move our timetables without restriction?

Also a side question, do the people from Cumberland campus have a special place to go to get their timetables changed or is it just at the Carslaw building?
Yes, we will move classes around within reason. We aren't going to move things around just so you can be with your friend.

I'm not sure whether Cumberland students go to carslaw or not.

yeah seriously it's really fucking dumb that we have to wait so long for our timetables. how hard is it to get a computer to automate everyones timetables? or why can't we just pick them ourselves? and i was told at the enrollment day that we got to see our timetables on february 12. but does this only apply to first years or something?
It's not the actual allocation of students, it's getting the admin people to enter the timetables into the system which takes time.

Last edited:

izzy88

HSC
Agh! Work keeps asking me what 2 days I can work for semester and I can't tell them anything. I'm trying to figure out what my timetable could be like, but I don't know what to trust more- the timetable that can be downloaded from the law school website and the central timetable unit... In any case some things on the central timetable unit seem just weird- laws 2012 (federal constitutional) has 8 hours of class scheduled each week- ie. Part L attend 4 hours of lecture each week, and part S attend 4 hours of seminars... It should be one or the other I'm sure, it just doesn't make sense. Plus the law school document lists classes at the old law school (city) starting at 4.30 and the central timetable doesn't list them... Can't wait till the actual personalized timetables come out!

jet

Banned
HSC
Agh! Work keeps asking me what 2 days I can work for semester and I can't tell them anything. I'm trying to figure out what my timetable could be like, but I don't know what to trust more- the timetable that can be downloaded from the law school website and the central timetable unit... In any case some things on the central timetable unit seem just weird- laws 2012 (federal constitutional) has 8 hours of class scheduled each week- ie. Part L attend 4 hours of lecture each week, and part S attend 4 hours of seminars... It should be one or the other I'm sure, it just doesn't make sense. Plus the law school document lists classes at the old law school (city) starting at 4.30 and the central timetable doesn't list them... Can't wait till the actual personalized timetables come out!
The two-hour classes are only in certain weeks. Click on handbook information and you'll see that the weeks you have lectures essentially matches up with the handbook listings for class hours.

The old law school is hardly ever used anymore and there's a 99% chance you won't be going there.

It looks like you'll either be going for Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Friday for LAWS2012. Even if you don't really know your timetable right now you can get a general idea from the website and tell your manager the two days anyway. You have limited tools to modify your timetable yourself so you might not even need to come in to get it changed.

speedofsound

HSC
so i guess the people that told me at enrollment timetables would be available feb 12 were wrong.... ughhhhhhhhhhhhkldsfja

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)