Full Examination Paper (1 Viewer)

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Here is a copy of todays examination paper.

I hope that you all went well!

To me, it seems pretty easy, I bet a great deal of people wrote about Solar Cells in the Photocell question and a couple of tricky MC, but no big concerns!

Attachments

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC

To me, it seems pretty easy, I bet a great deal of people wrote about Solar Cells in the Photocell question and a couple of tricky MC, but no big concerns!
I was confusing them too but at the end I wrote about photocells. But I kind of stuffed up the diagram

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC

This is me cos I never learnt photocells.

But I changed the sunlight to a "source of light", tried to make it look like I knew what a photo cell was.

Will this be a straight 0/5?

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Photocells are pretty much the thermionic equivalent of solar cells.

It consists of 2 electrodes embedded within a vacuum tube. A large cathode covered in photosensitive material, from which photoelectrons can be emitted when subject to sunlight.

yasminee96

HSC
Photocells are pretty much the thermionic equivalent of solar cells.

It consists of 2 electrodes embedded within a vacuum tube. A large cathode covered in photosensitive material, from which photoelectrons can be emitted when subject to sunlight.
Bye bye band 6 :L

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
If a lot of people made the same mistake (which I am pretty certain will be the case, as photocells are not even taught at quite a few schools by the looks of it..) you could still be in with a chance

yasminee96

HSC
If a lot of people made the same mistake (which I am pretty certain will be the case, as photocells are not even taught at quite a few schools by the looks of it..) you could still be in with a chance
Yeah, pretty sure we didn't learn it lol

Dementured

HSC
I've never even heard of what photocells are until today, fml. Just wrote about solar cells.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Wow why doesn't anyone know about them lol there's like a dot point on it :/

HSC
This is me cos I never learnt photocells.

But I changed the sunlight to a "source of light", tried to make it look like I knew what a photo cell was.

Will this be a straight 0/5?
Same here I wrote about junctions and everything. I'm really scared I'll be getting a 0. My physics teacher was like you can use it though because a solar cell is technically a photoelectric cell as well but I don't know.

yasminee96

HSC
Same here I wrote about junctions and everything. I'm really scared I'll be getting a 0. My physics teacher was like you can use it though because a solar cell is technically a photoelectric cell as well but I don't know.
"Photocells rely on the photoelectric effect for their operation. In the photoelectric effect, a
photon with sufficient energy (greater than or equal to a threshold called the work function) is
able to cause an electron to be ejected from the surface of a metal. These ejected electrons are
the photocell current. Longer wavelength light contains lower energy photons, so light with a
wavelength longer than the threshold wavelength is not able to eject electrons (= produce a
photocell current). "

This is what sample answers for a Q31 (b) in 2010 defined a photocell as. So i guess because solar cells and "photocells", whatever they are, both rely on the idea of the photoelectric effect. So then I'd assume marks will be awarded for photoelectric effect, and perhaps if you spoke about frequency thresholds? Not sure. But i'd assume due to their proximity you probably won't be given zero...hopefully :(

Dementured

HSC
So if you still talked about the photoelectric effect, you would at least get some marks because they both rely on the photoelectric effect to work yes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)