Fully Sic Bro, CAR WORLD (1 Viewer)

Sammmmmuel

When i went to scecgs, my friends dad went away (hes a QC lawyer), and left his 150 grand merc SL500 behind. It had a 50 grand sound system... If u can imagine seeing two young looking guys driving through the city at 11PM at night with music up so loud it sounds like a concert, in a really expensive, black merc, with p-plates, waving to every hotty that walks past, then u can imagine what we looked like... hilarius.

CasaNovo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Patricio
anyone heard of the Audi Nuovolari being released next year I think? Twin Turbo V10, 0-100 in 4.1 secs (yep quicker than just about every sports car I can think of -including the GTR).
Thats pretty quick, though not quicker than the viper at 3.9s.

:)

CasaNovo

HSC
N/A
I would love to have a hemi powered dodge challenger..
425hp at the wheels, big 7l v8.. crazy

CasaNovo

HSC
N/A
That audi looks quite nice, and backed up by the performance,
I wouldn't have a clue Patricio. The car is from 1970..lol. Alot of torque and rips in a straight line, it wouldn't be suited for constant corners, pretty heavy etc. I just love muscle cars, the look, the sound..
But I also like jap cars, nothing wrong with them! They cain, love the r32 and 180sx.

ReaveR

HSC
Originally posted by Isaaq
someone told me that the next GT-R was going to have the VQ35 engine with twin turbos...that means V6...i'm not sure about this though...
Yeah, that's what the magazines are saying...because the inline-6 RB26DETT can't keep up with new emission laws in Japan. One of several new engines is said to be based on the V6 in the 350Z (ie. VQ35) twin turbo, whilst the other is a naturally aspirated V8 pushing over 300kW (or maybe it's the V6 pushing 300kW, can't remember...)

Huss

HSC
N/A
im sure its the v8 pushing 300kw...i think its the same engine as the R390 GT1 lemanns car...either that or a 4.5 ltr v8

Wait a minute? Whats with these 300kw+ monsters the Japs are bringing out? i thought that the limit in power for Jap produced cars were 206kw! Then i hear that if they release a car under an affiliate tuning car company that is owned by a major car company , then a backdoor is opnened and the gov's cant do shit! (Eg. Think Tom's TDR -Toyota, Nismo 400R -Nissan, STi 22B-Subaru etc.)

Can someone then please tell me why the hell the GTR (R33/#34/#35) series pushes over this (Rated at 204-208kw! but ive heard dyno tests on stock GTR's proove this wrong)!!!

New 300kw monsters? i think nismo is going to have one hell of a production line! As long as they come here, im happy... and shame on the nissan team! keep the almighty RB26! At least they still make the SR-20!

tekster

HSC
N/A
Nah, the SR20DET has been canned as well, replaced by the SR20VET (rumoured to be used on the S16; think of turbo + VVT). Both the RB26DETT and SR20DET engines have stopped production because they do not meet newly implemented Japanese emission standards.

The VQ35DETT should supposedbly outperform the RB26DETT in every way anyhow, according to Nissan. Also, this would probably reduce engine production costs as parts may be shared in conjunction with the 350Z, Skyline V35 (not GTR) etc.

The 206kw limit WAS a mutual agreement amongst Japanese car manufacturers aka "the gentlemen's agreement". It was never enforced by the government (I think.. not too sure.. thats what I read somewhere anyway). Their car manufacturers are producing cars with power figures above 206kw NOW because, apparently, they want to compete with hi-po euro supercars and it was never properly enforced anyways (e.g. Nissan and their GTR range).

BTW, the R33 GTR goes signficantly beyond the 206kw (at the flywheel) manufacturer specification claimed by Nissan once you remove the "hidden" boost restrictor. My bro did it to his GTR.

Patricio

UNSW Member
Nguyen,

I've now seen some 'Best Motoring', and it is anything but (at least what I've seen -it is far from the 'best' motoring I've seen).
I've posted a link to what I saw (s14 vs Integra Type-R):

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~madmr2/Silvia _vs_Type_R.WMV

1. The 200sx does a 14.9 -even the Aus-Spec 200sx is faster than that (stock), let alone the J-Spec model (which is faster) -so already, there is a dodgy driver in the 200sx. If driven correctly, the s14 would have beaten the integra.
2. The Integra Type-R does a 14.7 in the video -quite an impressive time for what is meant to be a stock car, considering that even the latest model Type-R isn't even that quick, it does mid 15's -and its an improvement (in terms of performance) on the 90's model (which is -meant- to be slower).
2. In 3rd gear, the integra pulls the 200sx in so fast it looks as though the 200sx is standing still -it seriously looks as though the s14 driver backed off -look for yourself. There is -no- way the integra would catch the 200 that quick.
3. There is an Integra advertisement at the end? Referring to a 'vtec' site (Temple of VTEC)? I can understand the posting of the winner's car after the race -but if anything it looks as though this video was created (and pre-planned) solely to show that the integra type-r is quicker.
4. The integra driver has a long tongue -but thats more for humour : )
5. In Japanese, it says that the type-r has a lightened flywheel, clutch lining, clutch plates and components upgrade (on the video). I don't know whether to believe that or not (as they are meant to be stock cars. If I don't believe the mods are real, then there is no way that the video is a true representation of the 200sx's performance against the type-r, and if I did believe the type-r had those mods, then the 200sx would have to have been modified also, otherwise what would have been the point of the race? If the 200sx was similarly modified, it should have absolutely killed the type-r because it responds a lot better to basic mods than the type-r (but then again I can't believe this because already the Aus-Spec s14's are quicker than this time, let alone a modified J-Spec one).

This is meant to be 'Best Motoring', nothing less. I went and found the vids Nguyen, how do you defend shoddy racing like this?

I like all Jap performance cars, but I'm sorry, that race doesn't seem real to me at all (it seems as though it was just made to prove a certain unreal point). I've seen lots of similar races, and I've never seen outrageous pull in Integra Type-R's in 3rd gear simultaneous with 200sx's having little/no power in 3rd gear.

Huss

HSC
N/A
the new gtr will have 2 types the 4.5 v8 and the 3.5 v6 twin turbo...the v6 version will be the same as the 350z's engine and i think the v8 is naturally aspirated with 300kw.

also it will b sold worldwide and hopefully in australia

CasaNovo

HSC
N/A
Stock for stock, 200sx is faster. Although remember the type-r is n/a, so its not a very 'fair' comparison.
Consistent numbers for the type-r would be low 15's.
The 200sx does it in around mid to high 14's.
Depends on the skill of the driver, and how well you launch.

[EDIT]: check out this link, offical published times:

http://www.emergent.com.au/200sx/faq_2.html

Last edited:
T

tactic

take a 200sx round the track and a type r.. and the type r will leave it for dead

Patricio

UNSW Member
Originally posted by tactic
take a 200sx round the track and a type r.. and the type r will leave it for dead
maybe if you compared 2 cars that were very dissimilar in terms of level of performance and handling then you can say something like one car leaving the other for dead on the track -but with those 2 cars I'd say it pretty much comes down to the driver.

Integra Type-R -anyone here into understeer on a racetrack? In fact, I don't think there's -any- FWD cars in serious track racing (I'm talking about the type where the best of the best from each class compete).

m3h_m3h

HSC
the new R35 GTR's r spose to have a VQ35DETT, which is the same 3.5L V6 engine of the 350z, but its twin turbo. nissan has quoted it to be producin 250-260kw straight outta the box. the alternative GTR's specifically desgined for the USDM is a 5.4L N/A V8 engine, which is spose to spit out 305kw to meet the US laws. nissan want to bring out the GTR range in aus, but they have not decided yet as its still iffy, competition wise its gonna be tough. if it comes out in aus, they're lookin at a price tag of $125k upwards, which brings it to a new level of cars in AUSDM.
by this time, the new RX7 should be out :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)