• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

gah sick of this shit (need to vent) (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
ok i went onto a university website and looked at the schools eligible for student equal access schemes. i noticed the list was FULL of private schools and extremely good public schools which pissed me off as these schools were just as good, if not better than the school i went too. i go to a supposedly very good public school, but the problem is this public school is only a good school to study music or drama at (performing arts), not the sciences at all (unfortunate as i am applying for medicine). while i did get a fairly competitive ATAR of 99.60, i had to work my fucking ass off because most of my teachers were completely incompetant and the school had such shitty facilities (*cough* chem lab *cough*). bonus points are given out so generously such that now it's probably WORSE to be in a middle class inner city public school. now people who got ~97 will be taken into higher priority than me in the TER aspect which totally sucks arse. it also pisses me off that some school card/youth allowance holders seem to be extremely well off and i doubt that being "economically disadvantaged" affects their performance in year 12 if they can afford to go out every friday/saturday night, afford all their textbooks and not have a part time job.

what have i learnt from this? i should've done wayyyy more research in year 11. gah, i'm done venting

HSC
N/A
ok now tell someone who cares
oh snap here comes the master of wit.

edit: oh wow you read that all and posted in 1 minute. tell me when you're done increasing your post count in a desperate attempt to lengthen your e-peen

Last edited:

0bs3n3

HSC
Wow, that sucks. Your ATAR is freaking awesome, though. Don't see why they shouldn't consider you >.<

HSC
N/A
Wow, that sucks. Your ATAR is freaking awesome, though. Don't see why they shouldn't consider you >.<
my ATAR is average for med/dent and i did mediocre in the UMAT :/
really i'm angry with myself for not doing the research. i should have enrolled at one of the better SEAS schools for year 12. it's honestly such a fucked up system that it's beneficial to go to some of the SEAS schools. over compensation sucks arse.

HSC
Post this list up.

Seriously though, not every kid in a private school is well off. And not all private schools are better than public schools.
Though I thought this would be obvious.

HSC
N/A
Post this list up.

Seriously though, not every kid in a private school is well off. And not all private schools are better than public schools.
Though I thought this would be obvious.
the list is only SA schools i'm afraid. if you still want it i'll post it

yeah i know not all private schools are better than public schools, but the school i attended was compeltely overhyped. the chem labs were filthy and full of broken glass and we couldn't do a lot of the necessary physics practicals because we lacked the appropriate equipment. besides, i know a LOT of school card/youth allowance holders who are pretty well off. :/ idk if there loop holes in the system. i'm all for equal consideration for tertiary education (e.g. indigenous entry or ACTUALLY disadvantaged schools being considered) but so many people get over compensated.

Last edited:

philphie

Banned
HSC
let me guess: either Newtown Peforming arts school or Macdonald College?

well i got less than 97, am on youth allowance because it's just my mother and i together in this gruesome world so suck on that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)