Gaining Weight (1 Viewer)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
thejosiekiller said:
of being a lazy fat ass?
I don't mean do it until you get to be 100kg, just to put on a bit of weight. I admit I am lazy, but not a fat ass.

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
but the prob is...i can't gain anything
ive never been above 55!
I'm the same height and weight as you. I think it may have to do with metabolism or whatever. I eat plenty of normal and junk food and I never seem to get fat :| !

Also a possibly stupid question about the GYM, do you have to be 18+ to be allowed in a gym? I've just been kind of working on my abs and biceps at home lately but I'd like to do more. You know the deal, sexen up my already sexy body.

S

Shuter

Donshe said:
Personally Im no huge cunt but Ive been reading into all this shit for more than a year now, so I just know a few things here and there, however due to time constraints havent been able to regularly train for mass. However Ive just come out of a 4 week trial session and am starting my own split-routines for mass gain, so feel free to share your progress with me if you wish.

Hahahaha, man you're massive Donshe.

But anyway, I also could never gain any weight, but recently have finally been able to put additional weight on.

Just eat tonnes of food. Eat until you feel sick. Healthier food is better but it doesn't really matter just eat the usual and you will be able to put on a bit of weight (but not loads). Aside from that you then have to do some basic training and a bit of weights, of which I've been too lazy to do at the moment.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Actually it depends if u want to gain muscle or fat, if u want to gain fat, just eat shit loads and dont do any exercise, in fact better not to move, try the IT forum for more info, especially the "I dont know whether to laugh or cry" thread

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
As opposed to the losing weight thread how do u gain weight
Im only 55kg help!
shit that is like me exactly, i started weight gaining a week and a half ago. its working!!! always eat, never be hungry, lots of fruit, steak and pasta and do some weights. ive gained just over 2 kilos so far.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
As opposed to the losing weight thread how do u gain weight
Im only 55kg help!
your 55kg and 170cm....and im 60kg and 175cm, so i guess we are of pretty similar build. I wish i could put on a bit of weight too...but i'd rather be a bit underweight than overweight.

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
my advice would be to eat and try your best not to exercise. I'm serious. Don't exercise and watch that weight come on.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
duckofdoom said:
my advice would be to eat and try your best not to exercise. I'm serious. Don't exercise and watch that weight come on.
thats only if u have a bad matabolism. some people can eat what ever they want and still not gain anytihng massive. Your best bet would be to inject human fat into yuor system , a healthy alternative :)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
i think you'd probably rather be what you are now than obese :confused:
so don't eat more.
if you don't want to look like a stick, then work out.
you can eat a bit more though, i guess.. AND work out.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Instead of only having one lunch have 3
And if u dont care about cholesterol and fat Vs muscle;
rub ur food on a piece of paper, if it goes see-through then its ur "window to weight-gain"

Last edited:

psyfre

Supercalifragilisticexp..
HSC
ummm – I would have to disagree wit Elmo. Don’t just start "doin weights". First you need to look at your diet - if u don’t know much about nutrition, go to a nutritionist. You need to structure your diet and start to EAT EAT EAT before you get into the gym. After you get into a steady diet (say 3weeks or so) then start to go to the gym 2 times a week doing light weights. If you haven’t had much experience in a gym before i suggest you spend at least 2 weeks going through technique with a trainer. Then after that....! lol - you can start to build the intensity of your sessions.

Building muscle mass is one of the toughest tasks you can attempt. Your body is an extremely efficient machine. It retains the amount of muscle mass that is required to comfortably perform your daily routine - no more and no less. Excess bulk takes a lot of energy to maintain - up to 50 calories a day per extra pound of muscle mass you add - and thousands of generations of evolution have taught your body that that's a waste of perfectly good nuts, berries, and animal flesh. So it adds muscle reluctantly, and sheds it willingly when you stop exercising.

Unfortunately, evolution couldn't have imagined a society in which high-quality protein is plentiful and people judge each other on the basis of quadricep definition, bicep bulge and pectoral depth.
So if you're going to step into the weight room to build a body that flaunts the unnatural abundance of these times, there are only two rules you need to know:

Rule 1: Lift heavier weights

If you lift the same weights for 3-4 weeks. Then u will reach a plateau and you will stop developing muscle - cause your body has decided that the amount of muscle you have is ideal for the amount of work your doing. That’s why - you must then step it up...and start lifting heavier weights. So your body sais to itself…eeeep – I need more muscle to deal wit this work load.

Rule 2: Eat the right foods at the right time

Most lifters have a vague idea that they should choke down some protein after a workout. But few realize how important it is to eat protein and carbohydrates before a workout. You should have one gram of carbohydrates to each half gram of protein an hour before a workout. the type of protein you eat matters: Essential amino acids - those found in animal products like dairy, meat, eggs, and fish protein - are better for muscle building than the vegetable proteins found in beans, rice and nuts

This combination not only gives you the energy to lift, it also helps repair muscle damage and fully enhances the recovery process following the exercise - all of which contribute to building bigger, buffer muscles. If you don’t know much about how muscle’s grow – I’ll explain. Ok, you go to the gym and do a really hard workout – during the workout your muscles are damaged. That night, and the day after, your body repairs those muscles and adds more to deal with the workout so you don’t damage them again. You go to the gym, ideally 24hrs later on the same set of muscles, and you work harder. That night and the day after – the same thing happens. Your muscles are repaired and more is added to cope with the strain. And the process is continued.

That’s why – the recovery process is the most VITAL part of building muscle. You need to eat the right food and rest your muscles correctly to allow them to recover fully, thus building muscle.

Whether you've been stuck on a muscle building plateau or are just starting to pack it on, making these changes in your exercise and diet should lead to immediate gains. And don't worry about your body's grudge against gaining muscle - eventually they'll learn to get along. Good luck - and i hope this helps! ;)

ow - and fyi. I'm 6ft 4 (193cm) and 93kg.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)