Gamsat (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
how hard is it really? like if you have a thorough knowledge of bio, chem and physics what are your chances of getting good marks? y r alot of people afraid of the exam? what makes it so diffcult or dauting to many?

thx in advanced

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
have a look at this practice test and you might get an idea

(note: this was a free test from a coaching company - i don't endorse the company, nor am i aware how close this is to a real test, but it will give you a vague idea of the terror)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
I've seen many practice gamsat tests, and some problem solving questions are insane.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
ok.. its not the questions tat are hard.. it the time constraints.. thats wat im told...

i didnt risk it.. just sat the UMAT myself

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
A few of us went through the practice test pretty well, but the time hits you in the actual test. You'll most likely run out of time for section I and II (provided you're from a science background).

But overall, I don't see what's so daunting about it. Didn't bother doing anything for it and got an alright mark.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
wrxsti said:
how hard is it really? like if you have a thorough knowledge of bio, chem and physics what are your chances of getting good marks? y r alot of people afraid of the exam? what makes it so diffcult or dauting to many?

thx in advanced
Don't worry about it just yet, try umat again next year if you didn't do to well this year, and if that fails start thinkging about gamsat then.

barling89

McLovin it :D
HSC
that test was whack!! I ddnt actually do the practice test (scrolled through it) but it seemed pretty hard.
Writing Tasks!? I thought I'd escaped english after HSC :(

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
barling89 said:
that test was whack!! I ddnt actually do the practice test (scrolled through it) but it seemed pretty hard.
Writing Tasks!? I thought I'd escaped english after HSC :(
Don't worry you still have a long way to go before GAMSAT and yeh it's designed for all uni students not just sci but it's more tailored to them.

The writing task is to test your abilities of logical thinking, critical thinking and reasoning ability all necessary skills which are needed for post-grad medicine and which can't obviously be tested through just a science test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)