Gap year talk. (1 Viewer)

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Re: Gap year [Rollcall]

Yeah, what is the MAX for deferring years?

Last edited:
HSC

Plan

- Around the world from 1st Dec to 30 Jan (approx)
- Tafe for a year and other art courses for a year make art have fun chillax
- get new job and save
- Move to melbourne
- do uni
- if i dont need uni then wont go will move will rock
-cant wait

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC

if all goes well, gonna go to europe for the first year, do some light work over there, come back in 2010 and start uni.

Last edited:

4unitfreak

HSC

Not sure, but it's tempting. If I do, I really want to go back to Germany for a while and also visit my relatives in Estonia. I'll have to find a half-decent job beforehand...

VuongstER_boi

HSC

Going overseas I guess is a good opportunity to discover yourself and know what you want in life..but like, do you think 1 yr is actually necessary? I mean, it will be a year gone if you decide to go for one yr...Perhaps the 2-3 month break after the hsc will be enough ? .. hm.

HSC

yeah i sometimes wonder if i'll get sick of it half way through or something... but i just want to have that year of nothing needing to be done, no one to make you do it.... etc etc .... i dont know lol

VuongstER_boi

HSC

aussiechick007 said:
yeah i sometimes wonder if i'll get sick of it half way through or something... but i just want to have that year of nothing needing to be done, no one to make you do it.... etc etc .... i dont know lol
Hmm, I think the two month break will be enough. One yr of nothing is like...kinda risky. I think we all should like... check out the stuff you learn at uniie. websites, pamphlets. Yeah, i mean, I guess we can use the time we have now because, the HSC doesn't take up ALL of our time, like, we still have breaks (other parts of our life.). lol, yeah...

BackCountrySnow

HSC
As far as I remember, the last gap year thread got racist and died..
So here's the revival..

Firstly, how do you apply for a gap year? Is there a form or something?

secondly, who is going to take it, and where are you guys going to go?

HSC
i think after you apply for uni you write them a letter or something, or contact them to see what they expect you to do to get a gap year :)

and as ive already said in this thread, im taking a gap year and im going to europe! :D

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
Firstly, how do you apply for a gap year? Is there a form or something?
Depends what you mean by this but if you mean in terms of uni, then that depends on the uni. Apply this year like normal and at the uni I applyed on their website after getting my place I just had to click a box saying I was deferring.

BackCountrySnow said:
secondly, who is going to take it, and where are you guys going to go?
A gap year can be whatever you want, there are no rules or things you have to do, or where you have to go. It is what you make of it.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
theshortykatt said:
im going to jump in your car brad. ;)
I'm boring, lame and just the biggest loser you will ever meet.
but sure, you can come if you want.:wave:.

EDIT: this post assumes you haven't met Michael yet.

CaityJane08

HSC

ness.xox said:
Umm I'd love to go to Thailand, China, Korea (South of course wouldn't want to get shot if North lol) oh! definitely Japan (even though things are a tad pricey over there) and because I do history I would love to go to the places I've learnt about like Italy (Pompeii), Germany, Russia etc.. I pretty much want to go everywhere! lol
OMG. Been to south Korea on exchange with school and i absolutely LOVED it!! Yeah, everything was heaps cheap and we were incredibly loved coz we were from Australia:) We went to the DMZ (Demilitarised Zone-border of South and North Korea), and got to look into North Korea! There were so many soldiers watching us on the south side though and we had to stand behind a yellow line they'd drawn to take photos of the north side. But the markets are INCREDIBLE (and so cheap) They've also got fantastic temples and such. Definately go to South Korea:)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
theshortykatt said:
no i havent met mike yet. lol.
as long as you teach (or find someone to teach me) how to surf we are set.
im headin outback, we can sand surf....
and i can tow you with my Aston and we can head back to my beachside mansion after the trip and I'll teah you to surf there..

deal?

HSC
lol, i want to see australia too, but i think it'll be after my europe... maybe during uni sometime

BackCountrySnow

HSC
I'm thinking...
Gapyear, undergrads at ANU, if i go on to postgrads i'll go overseas.
Canada has always interested me..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)