Gap year talk. (1 Viewer)

laurenmoss

HSC
gap year?

so who's planning on taking a gap year? what are your plans? :confused:

youcantstopbeat

HSC
Re: gap year?

working for a year to get some money - then going to uni in melb to study chiropractic

Aznmichael92

HSC

youcantstopbeat said:
working for a year to get some money - then going to uni in melb to study chiropractic
that sounds pretty cool :D I would like to take a gap year when I finish high school but when I think about it clearly, I would like to get my degree over and done with.

xsjado

HSC

^^
or you could try and enjoy uni....

Aplus

HSC
N/A

I'll probably take a gap year travelling around the world.

bawd

HSC
Re: Gap year [Rollcall]

I would love to take a gap year off and go traveling the world in a beat-up, hippie caravan painted with funkadelic flowers accompanied by my friends. Unfortunately, my family would chase me down with a chainsaw even I even dared propose such outrageous an idea. And I wouldn't be able to afford it either. (Sucks being below the relative poverty line)

However, I do plan to go overseas during the 3 - 4 month period between Year 12 and University. :)

JSBboag

HSC
I am going to Canada (Whistler) then mexico (spring break) and then down to South America. Anyone going to Whistler after HSC?

louise08

HSC
I always be all for gap years.. but now I'm starting to reconsider. Isn't there a 4 month break after HSC before uni starts?
I reckon 4 months would be more than enough to get a good traveling experience.
Why would taking the whole year off be a better way to go??

willmacka

HSC
Is there anyone that has got a position with a Gap Program? I've recently got a position with a program called Tutors Worldwide, so I have a year working in a school on the River Thames in London which is awesome- getting paid £150 a week, and getting to go on school excursions across Europe for free! I think it's definitely the way to go! Is there anyone else living/working in London next year for Gap?

willmacka

HSC
Gap Year UK 2009?

I know there are a few threads on the topic, but each seem to get so far off track before anyone can answer anything even closely related to a gay year in 2009.
Is anyone doing a gap year next year in the UK? Has anyone got a position through Gap Activities or Tutors Worldwide or the like? I just got news the other week I got a position at a school in London... Anyone joining me over there?

EDIT: Sorry about the double up, my original thread was relocated

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)