Garrett considers banning plastic bags (1 Viewer)

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Screw this! I need plastic bags everytime i go surfing just to help me slide on my wettie easier! The E-bomb 2 is quite tight, kinda like climbing into a wet arse and a plastic bag jsut helps relieve the pain.

Last edited:
HSC
Slidey said:
Anyway, those green meshy bags you can buy at Coles and the like are better. They don't break all over the fucking place and spill your shit.
Thats true, for a trolley of shopping that would take 30 plastic bags can take only 10 green bags. Thats provided that customers bring the ones designed for the racks. Otherwise they're horrible to pack.

Also, someone on Sunrise this morning suggested that people use laundry baskets for their shopping. Thats also a decent idea, if you want to have two or three in your trolley while doing your shopping.

K

katie_tully

i use plastic bags for garbage bags all the time

we also have garbage bag sized garbage bags, but meh

the albedo of garrets head is like, 95%. that cant be good for global warming.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
babikakez said:
Also, someone on Sunrise this morning suggested that people use laundry baskets for their shopping. Thats also a decent idea, if you want to have two or three in your trolley while doing your shopping.
Lol, i cant imagine people carrying their shopping around in their laundry baskets :eek:

Kabbasi

HSC
MaNiElla said:
Lol, i cant imagine people carrying their shopping around in their laundry baskets :eek:
Clearly, little man, you have never been to a supermarket. Or worked on checkouts. I remember a lot of customers bringing boxes or laundry boxes or tupperware containers for me to pack their groceries into.

I'd love for this to be implemented. The only problem I thought of immediately was when people buy meat. Some of the packaged meat is absolutely dripping with blood and euwy stuff and the only real place for them is in a plastic bag. Oh the travesty that will cause when their green bag becomes stained...

And I'd like to put my hand up as one of the families that reuses plastic bags for their garbage bins. I always thought that was commonsense, although the posts of others have convinced me otherwise...

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
babikakez said:
Thats true, for a trolley of shopping that would take 30 plastic bags can take only 10 green bags. Thats provided that customers bring the ones designed for the racks. Otherwise they're horrible to pack.

actually, that IS a good idea...more or less

the other one is, at my store, in an average liquor load we'll get about 100-150 cardboard boxes which things have been packed into, isnt that a good alternative?

P.S. we reuse the bags too, for the smaller bins, that being said, thats why a levy is good, you could get SOME plastic bags, but not all the time

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Kevin Rudd doesn't care about Australian working families who are already feeling the squeeze of the growing cost of living and have enough trouble balancing their budgets without a new levy on what should be their right to plastic bags.

p4e81

Domesticated Daydreamer
HSC
katie_tully said:
i use plastic bags for garbage bags all the time

we also have garbage bag sized garbage bags, but meh

the albedo of garrets head is like, 95%. that cant be good for global warming.
...what are they like?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
youBROKEmyLIFE said:
What sort of a cheap family uses their used grocery bags on a regular basis to fill their rubbish bins? At my place we usually keep some, use some to pick up little bits of rubbish we've collected while putting the other food away, the rest just get thrown in the bin and un-used for anything more than the transportation from the store to our home.
I use the few shopping bags we get to empty the kitty litter into.

Saves using a garbage bag.

*shrug*

efhat

HSC
i work on checkout too and altho those fucking green bags are stupid to pack, especially when the customer gives me one thats like 3258985 years old......they are much better than plastic bags and fit heaps more......i can fit about 5 bags worth of stuff into 1 green bag......anyways i like the idea....but a levy wud be more sensible i rekon

HSC
efhat said:
i work on checkout too and altho those fucking green bags are stupid to pack, especially when the customer gives me one thats like 3258985 years old......they are much better than plastic bags and fit heaps more......i can fit about 5 bags worth of stuff into 1 green bag......anyways i like the idea....but a levy wud be more sensible i rekon
I hate packing green bags. Its not so bad when the bags being used are meant to fit the racks, but otherwise its horrible. You have to use one hand to hold the bag, another to fit the products in. That means that it takes so much longer to scan the items thru. I'm honestly not a fan of Green Bags, I'd prefer to pack a cardboard box or a laundry basket.

Cerry

HSC
babikakez said:
I hate packing green bags. Its not so bad when the bags being used are meant to fit the racks, but otherwise its horrible. You have to use one hand to hold the bag, another to fit the products in. That means that it takes so much longer to scan the items thru. I'm honestly not a fan of Green Bags, I'd prefer to pack a cardboard box or a laundry basket.
So when we're going to coles, we should only take the coles ones with us?

HSC
gr8. now what am i gonna use for autoerotic amusement? those cloth bags are breathable

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
That's a pretty shit UAI, quixote.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Nah, I'm just kidding, kiddo. Let me give you a noogy.

K

katie_tully

slidey doesnt do autoerotic.

homoerotic yes, autoerotic no. he doesnt like asphyxia. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)