Gay people should not be allowed to access IVF (1 Viewer)

Garygaz

HSC
That made no sense what so fucking ever.

You posted a giant list of Rape in a thread that has no direct connection to rape what so fucking ever. So dont criticise my responses if you fuck up and you are no where near right.
His post made me scratch my head. It took me too long to realise I shouldn't have bothered reading it.

Jemelet

HSC
That made no sense what so fucking ever.

You posted a giant list of Rape in a thread that has no direct connection to rape what so fucking ever. So don't criticize my responses if you fuck up and you are no where near right.
Again, responding to your comments! Or are you too ashamed to read/remember them?
I haven't fucked up because i had to explain my answers and examples to you and all those like you. If you think i'm wrong, don't talk. I tend to argue my points, especially when i'm right. So, when you want to be a fucktard; do it by yourself.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
And your still not making any sense, show me the connection between the rights for gays/IVF treatment and your stupid rape comments.

cookkii

HSC
The notion that people (in this case homosexuals) should be denied children because those children might be subject to bullying and harassment seems like a very backwards concept of rights.

Because homosexuals are a minority and are frequently victims of persecution, this is good moral reason for the state to discriminate against them?

Because violent crimes have been commited against you, rather than the state focusing on the perpetrators of crime and saying 'this is unnacceptable', the state should legislate against you, and remove your rights, so that you no longer have the freedom to place yourself in situations of vulnerability? The state cracking down on the vulnerable for their own good?

I eagerly await the anti-uncovered meat act of 2009.

this is a good point. maybe if the government didnt make it seem that homosexuals with kids was such a bad thing, the rest of the country would actually think about the fact that gays have the same rights as everyone else, and should be allowed to have what everyone else does. also, the only reason children are being bullied in school because of their gay parents, or for being gay themselves, is because it has been drummed into their minds by media, parents, peers and the government that being homosexual is wrong.

a very common debate, but we're getting nowhere are we.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I dont necessarily think its the government thats giving the homosexuals the bad stigma, they wouldnt be voted in if they did.

spyro14

HSC
I dont necessarily think its the government thats giving the homosexuals the bad stigma, they wouldnt be voted in if they did.
Definately, most governments will avoid such an area of debate at all cost.

cookkii

HSC
avoid. but then why are they refusing to give gay rights?? they dont allow adoption by gay parents, or marriage between gays, its the government that is stopping this, not individuals. and it all comes back to the catholic beliefs, that homosexuality is wrong.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
avoid. but then why are they refusing to give gay rights?? they dont allow adoption by gay parents, or marriage between gays, its the government that is stopping this, not individuals. and it all comes back to the catholic beliefs, that homosexuality is wrong.
Because they are AVOIDING it. If it was raised in parliament, it would turn into a debate which would gain publicity, and since Voters are categorised (Religious, Student, Family, Sexual orientation), the government would keep away because they would lose their voters.

I will let you guess which group.

spyro14

HSC
It isn't just the Catholic beliefs, I can't stress that enough and who is to say that the act of practicing homosexuality isn't as bad to the Catholics as practicing Catholicism is to the homosexuals. Typical of people to randomly choose one side of a two sided arguement that they have no stake in and then persecute the other side. Why is that any better?

Not saying that you are persecuting Catholics cookkii, just saying that others are.

cookkii

HSC
It isn't just the Catholic beliefs, I can't stress that enough and who is to say that the act of practicing homosexuality isn't as bad to the Catholics as practicing Catholicism is to the homosexuals. Typical of people to randomly choose one side of a two sided arguement that they have no stake in and then persecute the other side. Why is that any better?

Not saying that you are persecuting Catholics cookkii, just saying that others are.
its ok. im not persecuting catholics, just disagreeing with some of their beliefs. im the catholic who doesnt believe what the church would rather she did. i understand that its not just catholic beliefs, but other religions and cultures as well, but fortunately, australia is not a religious fundamentalist country, so why should our laws be dictated by beliefs which, tbh, are not shared by many of the population?? especially seeing as some of these beliefs, such as catholicism, also preach understanding and acceptance of others, no matter their beliefs, or preferences.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
iespecially seeing as some of these beliefs, such as catholicism, also preach understanding and acceptance of others, no matter their beliefs, or preferences.
that's not...
entirely true

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
we're under no obligation to accept and understand those who make it their express mission to detract from our faith. Christ gave nothing but silence to these people.

cookkii

HSC
we're under no obligation to accept and understand those who make it their express mission to detract from our faith. Christ gave nothing but silence to these people.

arent we?? because thats what i was always taught in church. and i doubt its their mission, there are many gays who still wish to remain catholic, but cannot practice their faith because of how their faith treats them. The Lord created them this way, so why should they not be accepted?

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Christ gave nothing but silence, yet many Catholics take it upon themselves to actively prosecute those who "detract from [the] faith"?

Interesting how Catholics may take from the doctrine only what they please to.

Dazza01

HSC
I loathe religious preachers telling me or other gay citizens that we are not entitled the same rights as heterosexual persons.

I believe that when assimilation ceased for Australian immigrants and Aboriginies and were equal to other citizens, that was when Australia should have also been accepting of same sex couples and their rights.

If Centrelink recognises de facto gay couples rights, then Parliament's viewpoint on same sex couples should follow.

HSC
In the end, I think we can't consider ourselves a country which gives everyone a 'fair go' and all those other great things we're supposed to value, if we don't even allow two people who love each other to have a family.

Tangent

HSC
yeah, reminds me of a quote from a play we read this year

"We are worth it, just not worth losing an election over"

Is more about votes and staying power than making everyones lives better. -as long as they always look good and 'look' like they are doing the right thing.

Who are these people who show prejudice towards christians and catholics??? I can understand why they would, just as catholics and christians would, but it doesnt make it any less wrong. Prejudice is horrible, get to know the person first, done categorise them then make assumptions

Last edited:
HSC
yeah, reminds me of a quote from a play we read this year

We are worth it, just not worth losing an election over

Is more about votes and staying power than making everyones lives better. -as long as they always look good and 'look' like they are doing the right thing.

How are these people who show prejudice towards christians and catholics??? I can understand why they would, just as catholics and christians would, but it doesnt make it any less wrong. Prejudice is horrible, get to know the person first, done categorise them then make assumptions
Ah, can't rep you anymore. But I wish I could. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)