GENERAL BIO DISCUSSION (1 Viewer)

nsw..wollongong

HSC
the only thing ik bout those is peritoneal can be done at home
hemo is done like a couple of times a week at a hospital thru ur arm and peritoneal is at home everyday thru the peritoneal cavity (mostly done overnight) = so then u can talk about effectiveness of both in maintaining quality of social life etc etc

SASH_06_X

HSC
Describe how processes such as enantiostasis and homeostasis are used to maintain metabolic function when salt concentration varies in plants living in estuarine environments.

I found this q when I was doing random bio practice questions and I have no idea how to go about it. What is enantiostasis and how is it used to maintain metabolic function?? And what do they mean by plants in estaurine environments - like plants near a lake ??? idrk can someone please help here

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Describe how processes such as enantiostasis and homeostasis are used to maintain metabolic function when salt concentration varies in plants living in estuarine environments.

I found this q when I was doing random bio practice questions and I have no idea how to go about it. What is enantiostasis and how is it used to maintain metabolic function?? And what do they mean by plants in estaurine environments - like plants near a lake ??? idrk can someone please help here
ummmmmm (reason why i hate mod 8)

ngl i have no idea wtf enantiostatios wtv that is but homeostasis for plants --> regulating salt levels

wait ill type smth up

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC

ok idk if my answer is right but i wouldve written this

Halophytes are plants that live in areas of high salt fluctuations and in order to maintain homeostasis they use osmoregulation in order to maintain an internal water-salt balance to ensure metabolic fluctiations within estaurine environments due to the high salt levels. For example, mangroves use the adaptations of exclusion, accumulation and secretion to maintain an internal water-salt balance. Exclusion is when the root endodermis (layer of cells) provides a physical barrier which filters the water allowing it to move into the roots while keeping out the salt (effective for around 90% of salts). Accumulation allows the salts to accumuklate in older tissue such as bark and leaves, which are discarded, allowing the salt to leave the plant. Moreover, secretion secretes the salt solution from secretory glands on their leaves, allowing the salts to either be washed away by rain or water is evaporated from them to form cystals which then get blown away by wind

SASH_06_X

HSC
ok idk if my answer is right but i wouldve written this

Halophytes are plants that live in areas of high salt fluctuations and in order to maintain homeostasis they use osmoregulation in order to maintain an internal water-salt balance to ensure metabolic fluctiations within estaurine environments due to the high salt levels. For example, mangroves use the adaptations of exclusion, accumulation and secretion to maintain an internal water-salt balance. Exclusion is when the root endodermis (layer of cells) provides a physical barrier which filters the water allowing it to move into the roots while keeping out the salt (effective for around 90% of salts). Accumulation allows the salts to accumuklate in older tissue such as bark and leaves, which are discarded, allowing the salt to leave the plant. Moreover, secretion secretes the salt solution from secretory glands on their leaves, allowing the salts to either be washed away by rain or water is evaporated from them to form cystals which then get blown away by wind
3/3 marks for you 🤩

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)