General maths with I.T? (MY FUTURE!!) (1 Viewer)

IC3

HSC
Hello

First of all I should say, I have no plans for my future, I dunno what to do, whether to go uni or not.
But I prefer if I actually made it into uni.

I would like to know are there any COMPUTER RELATED courses in uni that have a minimum maths requirement of GENERAL MATHS?
If so please state...

Only uni I want to attend are UTS, USYD, UNSW. Because they're like the most closest to me.

I'm not good in maths, actually when it comes to maths, I'm a complete dumbass.
Im in year 11 now, Im doing 2units maths. I'm finding it difficult and no way I can catch up to the work and pass my exams.

SO IM PLANNING TO DROP DOWN TO GENERAL MATHS!!!!!!!!
But I have this feeling inside me thats telling me its not a good idea.

Then again I can do a bridging course in uni, but the thing is when doing a bridging course in uni, is the work THE SAME AS WHAT IM DOING IN 2UNITS NOW?

I seriously need help PLZZZZZZ!!!

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Well i was always told to keep my 2unit maths as its always beneficial for the future. I.T does involve maths, usually 2 unit maths, but people still pass even with general maths, so its no worries. Doing bridging courses for mathematics at uni is not all so good, becuase its very quick and you wont absorb it all. Good luck.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
I'm doing computer science and know people enrolled in IT degrees at uni, and as far as i know, you have to do (or it's recommended that you do) 12 units (4 subjects) of maths in first year uni.

http://www.it.usyd.edu.au/current_students/undergrad/advice1.bsc.shtml
http://www.it.usyd.edu.au/current_students/undergrad/advice1.bcst.shtml

Check those out, especially the maths requirement sections.

I guess it's possible to do 'life science' maths if you didn't do maths, or did general maths in high school...you just have to pay extra attention in lectures.

IC3

HSC
Not to sound like an idiot or something...

but I'm even more confused than before.

What are credit points and BSc, BSc (Adv)
Sorry for my stupid questions =/

But I.T is the only thing I can imagine myself getting through in other than Ancient History (but thats pretty much useless).

:(

Right now, im deciding wether to drop down to general maths or stay at 2units.
I'm having alot of pressure.. =/

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Well if you believe that you would succeed in general maths then change to it. But i can tell ya that you must aim for 80+ hsc mark for general maths if you want to get a high uai.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
IC3 said:
Not to sound like an idiot or something...

but I'm even more confused than before.

What are credit points and BSc, BSc (Adv)
Sorry for my stupid questions =/

But I.T is the only thing I can imagine myself getting through in other than Ancient History (but thats pretty much useless).

:(

Right now, im deciding wether to drop down to general maths or stay at 2units.
I'm having alot of pressure.. =/
That's all explained to you on USYD's site! Just find the course you want to do and read. As for now, just worry about making your mind up between general and adv math. :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If you can't cope with concepts in 2u maths, I can't see you doing terribly well with programming (which makes up the bulk of IT).

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
what about if you have to make a program for mathematics hahahha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)