General maths... (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
so basically, if my internal average is 88 , it'll get aligned up to 90/above? lol
I'm such a lost head!
That's not how it works.
Look at it this way: if you and the people ahead of you all get 88+ in this trial you have a good chance of getting a band 6 in the HSC.

coralie1994

HSC
doubt that'll happened, three quarters of the people who do gen maths in my yr despise it, doubt they're performing great either... ohwell, guess I just have to wait and see... lol

lil_pembo

HSC
My teachers told me a 90 in general is about an 85 in 2unitmathematics

enoilgam

HSC
You're a shit poster. Every fucking mainstream subject ALIGNS up. Therefore to get 90 in general maths you probably need a raw mark of 84+ to get 90 depending on the difficulty of the paper.
Like I said, I wasnt to sure. Anyways, didnt shadowdude indicate that it aligns down?

ital101

HSC
And tell me, what brilliant source have you gotten this information from - which is more reputable than the Report of the Scaling on the HSC itself?

^ That.

Just because it scales down doesn't mean it's going to kill you. Yes, you can get an ATAR of 80 with it.
You appear to have a sad, boring life, during which you spend your days analysing the Scaling Report and jumping down the throats of people who question it or who provide information inconsistent with this 'prestigious' or 'reputable ...Report of the Scaling on the HSC itself'. Scaling - best advice is, don't worry about something you can't control. Try not to obsess over HSC moderation and scaling of marks. It is not important. Just enjoy your last year of school while you still can and do your personal best.

enoilgam

HSC
Still got a band 5 in it though and plus he supported his answer using an official source.

HSC
Uni Grad
there is nothing you can do about your subject selections at this point in the hsc

simply put, the better you do in exams, the better your atar will be, YOUR PERFORMANCE IS THE ONLY THING THAT WILL AFFECT YOUR ATAR, knowing how the scaling/aligning system works will not help you, it will just make you even more depressed

ugh fuck

smoke dope

enoilgam

HSC
there is nothing you can do about your subject selections at this point in the hsc

simply put, the better you do in exams, the better your atar will be, YOUR PERFORMANCE IS THE ONLY THING THAT WILL AFFECT YOUR ATAR, knowing how the scaling/aligning system works will not help you, it will just make you even more depressed

ugh fuck

smoke dope
Exactly, with the HSC, you determine how well you go - not scaling aligning and that sort of stuff

Last edited:

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

ugh fuck

smoke dope
This.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
ugh fuck
smoke dope
Tapatalk doesn't let me rep!!! :(

clry

HSC

ugh fuck

smoke dope
I think a kudos is in order. Perfectly put!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
That's not how it works. They are two different subjects.

shadowdude failed mx2.
And? I got a Distinction in Higher Maths 1A. Problem?

Still living in 2010 are we?

Also: ITT, confusion between aligning and scaling. For now, just forget about it and do the best that you can... so what ohexploitable said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)