general questions about English ext. (1 Viewer)

nifkeh

HSC
I'm in year 11 this year and I had some questions about English Extension because we need to choose our Yr 12 subjects right after these holidays and I'm just wondering whether I should continue with English ext or not for year 12 (I'm only doing english ext atm in year 11 for prelims as the school made english ext compulsory for all year 11s in our year... so we were kind of forced to put it into our prelim subjects)

anyway so here are my questions

- is it possible to do better in english ext than english advanced
- is the standard for english ext higher than english advanced, so are you expected to do better in english ext than in advanced
- do you need to be doing well in english advanced in order to do english ext well? Because we just got our prelim english half yearly results back and I found myself doing better in english ext than in english adv on average (we did an essay & creative for our modernism topic in ext and short answers & a creative for our english topic, 'change')

thank you very much for your input :)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I'm in year 11 this year and I had some questions about English Extension because we need to choose our Yr 12 subjects right after these holidays and I'm just wondering whether I should continue with English ext or not for year 12 (I'm only doing english ext atm in year 11 for prelims as the school made english ext compulsory for all year 11s in our year... so we were kind of forced to put it into our prelim subjects)

anyway so here are my questions

1. is it possible to do better in english ext than english advanced
2. is the standard for english ext higher than english advanced, so are you expected to do better in english ext than in advanced
3. do you need to be doing well in english advanced in order to do english ext well? Because we just got our prelim english half yearly results back and I found myself doing better in english ext than in english adv on average (we did an essay & creative for our modernism topic in ext and short answers & a creative for our english topic, 'change')

thank you very much for your input :)
1. yes
2. yes the standard is higher, but expectations are neither higher or lower, expectations are made by the individual, and what you want to strive for :)
3. no, they are completely different styles. Ext 1 essays tend to concern themselves with theme and genre analysis, whereas advanced english is more focused on analysis of techniques etc. Ext 1 is far more broad imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)