General Thoughts: Ancient History 2005 (1 Viewer)

jack white

After Hours
HSC
hand = pain.

ancient is over, i am elated. unlike some people, i never enjoyed it at all. you either do or you dont i guess.

it was a good exam, straightforward yet a little challenging.

did cleopatra = good.
periclean athens = great.
old kingdom historical period/society = both good.

ancient is over, yes.

misspash

HSC
Was everyone who did the Augustus and Julio-Claudian q., the Augustus to Titus Q., the Perciles personality q. and the society in the time of Pericles q.?????

smiley100

HSC
ancient

Yeah, I think I went alright. Not excellent but good..lol.
I did Sparta for short answers (i was actually gonna do Old Kingdom short answers..but yikes they didn't look heaps easy..who did them? if u did congratulations), and Old Kingdom for the essay- the occupations essay t'was good! :)
Also, had to do for additional historical period: Greece 500-440B.C. and i did Themistocles' contribution and impact.
hey ppl...everyones saying their fingers are hurting...get a good fat Bic pen -they're good:)..they're called smooth or something..yeah go for them. lol

karyn2283

The paer was pretty good for section I, II, IV. Section III was completely screwed for me. I had to write on Greece 800-500 and I felt It didn't allow to me show what I knew. It was crap. I knew so what more than what the question allowed you to write on. I do not think that there is enough information to write an excellent essay on the questions they gave for Greece 800-500. I thought the areas that they picked on were not as significant points as other areas. BOS shame

purple_monkey

HSC
i thought that the question on greece in section 3 was fucked, i revised everythng on the battles and stuff and they didnt ask about it, i think i will do really bad in this one, but hey you get that...no more ancient, woohoo!!! my road was being graded too! so many rocks, i kept getting sideways...FUN!!

jd-angel

HSC
i thought the exam was pretty good. Personality Q's were good (Hatshepsut) and so was historical period essay (NK-Death of Thut 4). Didn't like Rome short answer, but Myc essay good 2. overall i think i did alright :)

karyn2283

Overall the exam was ok, however, I think it depened on which topics you on how easy or difficult you thought it was. Some topic's questions were alot easier than others. Some where in fact quite challenging.

YAY Ancient History is over forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeeeb

It was a solid exam which offered plenty of chances for the btter students to excel while still giving the less capable students a good run imo. Probably couldn't have asked for much better given what is in the syllabus.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Loved the exam...straight forward and easy to answer!

Band 6 here I come! (Maybe)

HSC
The exam was.... ok. Hatshepsut: Hatshepsuts religious beliefs?? "Um, she believed in Amun?" It's not like you can say she actually believed Amun was her father.. Sparta was ok, but the two historical periods.. I had Greece 500-440, and New Kingdom Egypt to Thutmose IV- and both my questions were in the same section!! I had to invent something about the Hyksos... strangely it worked better than the Greece question in the other section that i had in the trials and did really well for.. so i think i screwed up my best subject...

bre

=(

I couldn't sleep last night and I had a bad feeling in my gut rolling around in there... and my room was so stuffy and I couldn't breathe well.. I was so bloody stressed and then this morning the car couldn't start and I was stressing like you wouldn't believe. The exam was in 20 minutes and it takes me 40 to walk...

Thankfully I had an awake friend with a car who came and got me...

Got there JUST in time..

then i think I was unconcious for most of the exam...

hrmm yeah. I wanna marry the HSC..

mel- RAVO

Thought it was good- tested peoples ability to think and prevented anyone from goin g in there with prepared answers [like english can].

When we read the questions, everyone breathed a sigh of relief- cuz all of us were like worrying over the number of different questions they could ask!!

Our school did:
1. Pericles
2. Minoan Society
3. Athenian Society
4. Fall of the Roman Republic

Overall- a challenging exam but not too hard!! :):):):) Sore hand though!! haha

katel

HSC
i am so relived that there was an Augustus question in the augustus and the julio-claudians historical period, people scared me that there might not have been one and i would have died! overall quite a good exam, will miss ancient history very much

Mandy101

HSC
I thought the essay questions and society section was great, but the personalities section was way too specific (I do Akhenaten). Overall though, it was a good exam and I'm happy with how I went.

mel_21

HSC
bloody exam

Bloody ancient history. It used to be a good subject, until I fucked up the exam. I did it by correspondence this year, which made it that little bit harder. I knew everything I was supposed to write about and had done a BILLION hours of study, but once I got into the exam room, I froze and forgot everything. I left about 45 minutes early because I couldn't do anything more. The historical periods were the ones that I fucked up majorly on. My only consolation is that I didn't do too badly in my assessments this year. And to think I was hoping to do well..... RAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lextasy

HSC
not too happy with the exam... hoping I'll do better than I think I did.
3hrs is a verrrrry long time. but for some reason- i don't feel relief that this exam is over... not sure why

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
sixleadballoons said:
The exam was.... ok. Hatshepsut: Hatshepsuts religious beliefs?? "Um, she believed in Amun?" It's not like you can say she actually believed Amun was her father.. Sparta was ok, but the two historical periods.. I had Greece 500-440, and New Kingdom Egypt to Thutmose IV- and both my questions were in the same section!! I had to invent something about the Hyksos... strangely it worked better than the Greece question in the other section that i had in the trials and did really well for.. so i think i screwed up my best subject...
I thought I was reading one of my forum posts.. The religious beliefs question about Hatshepsut was crazy. I didn't want to write "Hatshepsut believed she was the daughter of a god.." so I threw in things about "people of New Kingdom believed.." but on second thought, they'll probably think I didn't understand the question.

So you did NKE to Thut IV for historical section? Like oh my that essay question about the signficance of Hat & Thut III's reign? That was so perfect since I did Hatshepsut as a personality.

hipPo3

HSC
i liked that test .. im confident i'll get better scores then my pissant trial marks ..

i did O.K for both Section 3 and section 4.. my subjects in ancient were soooo perfect..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)