General Thoughts - Ancient History (1 Viewer)

hannahbonanaxx

HSC
yeh i had nothing for the water supply thing. oh well
but i thought the last question for pompeii was sort of hard too, only cos it combined archaeologists and technologies and i had nowhere near enough room to write my answer properly. i hope i answered the question in the space anyway.

Minoans
Hatshepsut
NKP - Thutmose IV were pretty easy i thought
all good:)

miss-smexy

HSC
I thought that was a reasonable test. Band 6 on the cards for me...! Lol... Although I know my internal mark (99/100) will be way better than my hsc mark! =( and therefore my internal mark will go down =(

I did:

-minoans
-akhenaten
-Greekworld 500-440 (delian league)

I feel so tired now and dead. I felt so sick and nervous before ancient but then I managed to use 8 writing booklets so I guess it can't be too bad.

navelj

HSC
This has got to be one of the best ancient history exams so far - by far easier than the trial. I did the following:

Pompeii & Herc >> so easy - wrote the space given + 3 pages for Q2 and + 5 pages for Q3(PS: i went on a trip to Italy for Ancient History this year!)

Sparta >> pretty easy, a little unsure if i answered the army question properly = 10 pages.

Agrippina the Younger >> exactly what i studied, probably wrote more for the first question than the second - may lose a few marks for that = 13 pages

Julio-Claudians >> best question was the first one - a bit broad, so i included a lot of historiographical quotes and perspectives on Tiberius' failures and achievements "Assess" >> 15.5 pages >> anyone who did the succession question was committing suicide >> you'd have to be a historian to know quotes for that one or you just told the story.

Overall a great exam >> AIMING for 90+ ( it would be great if i got a position in the state rankings...but i'm probably over estimating) anyways

ANYONE WHO LEFT EARLY IS STUPID >> USE EVERY SECOND!!!

nick1689

HSC
Overall it was pretty easy:

Section 2 PompHerc - Probably my easiest section, I knew how to answer every question. 24/25

Section 2 Sparta - Probably my hardest section, mainly because I didnt study festivals that much or the army; but i still got everything out. 21/25

Section 3 Hannibal - First part was a shocker, but I think what I put was stable. Second part was easy. 22/25

Section 4 Rome 264-133BC - Thanks god it was a question on the Punic Wars, otherwise I would have been screwed. I feel confident with my answer in this section. 23/25

Overall: 90/100. But my guesses are usually wrong so most likely high 80's; either way Im stoked!

By the way, did anyone else do Hannibal/Rome 264-133? Ive noticed that not many other people do these electives

Loza33

HSC
Easiest exam ever??

WHAT??

I have done heaps of work and i found pompeii so hard...

How on earth can anyone leave in just over an hour and think they are going to get band 6? Unless you write 5 pages in ten minutes you cant put in all the facts and quotes necessary to recieve a band 6... maybe im old fashioned and think that there is a certain amount you need to write.. but really!!!

samuel slack

HSC
Wtf I don't get it, you do 2 years of work... then leave 1/3 of the way into the exam. Meh. Well, atm I think i'm looking at, at least-

P+H-22/25
Sparta-22/25
Hatshepsut-23/25
NKE Thut IV- 22/25

A grand total of- 89/100.. at the least. Wow, thats my internal mark. Coincidence? I think not.

^emmie^

HSC
navelj said:
Pompeii & Herc >> so easy - wrote the space given + 3 pages for Q2 and + 5 pages for Q3
i thought u were only alowed to write in the space provided that sucks i could have wrote way more

im not being mean to u but i think this is unfair cause im sure allot of people didnt no this either

JeffreyTse

HSC
Good Work BOS... Now that everyone found it easy...the standard of marking will be harder and good marks will just go down!

theprettiestsin

HSC
pomp and herc was really easy woooh so glad:)
minoans was sweet
akhentan was fine
and assyrians was not expecting sargon II BUT chose the other question managed to write lots yaay

Loza33

HSC
stewmazza said:
all in all i thought it was a very tough but fair exam. as you can see i left slightly early lol! :), but other than that i think the page i wrote for both essay 1 and 2 should hold be in good stead for a band 6. im hoping raw mark somewhere in the high 90s/100, howd you guys go with it?. and did anyone find the second essay question as hard as i did? i nearly fell of my chair lol! :)
Fishy89sg

Thank your comment, however i wasnt saying in that reply to yours! It was to this guy, who wrote the above comment at 10:45...

So yes, they do think they are going to get band 6, they did say that, and they did leave in just over an hour!

fishy89sg

HSC
Loza33 said:
Fishy89sg

Thank your comment, however i wasnt saying in that reply to yours! It was to this guy, who wrote the above comment at 10:45...

So yes, they do think they are going to get band 6, they did say that, and they did leave in just over an hour!

consider it deleted :)

i screwed up this exam man - my answers sounded so fobby (no offense to anyone)

Loza33

HSC
fishy89sg said:
consider it deleted :)

i screwed up this exam man - my answers sounded so fobby (no offense to anyone)
My pompeii and herculaneum stuff was so bad!! I knew nothing on religion :'(.... makes me sad because i did so much!!!

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
whoever said they finished this test in 1h 10mins and think they got band 6 is a blow arse. WHat, you wrote like 2 pages from each essay?

btw, for the festivals for sparta, i talked about the 3 main festivals - hykaithium,apollo karnei and gymnopeadia...M I RITE?

fishy89sg

HSC
Loza33 said:
My pompeii and herculaneum stuff was so bad!! I knew nothing on religion :'(.... makes me sad because i did so much!!!
omg for section II (i did sparta)

had to write 8 marks for fesitvals!! and i didnt know what fesitvals were!!!!

so i just bsed one sentence on each festival then write about other 'features' of religion like how the kings were involved etc... tried to steer completely away from the 3 festivals lolz

MyLoveIsPure said:
btw, for the festivals for sparta, i talked about the 3 main festivals - hykaithium,apollo karnei and gymnopeadia...M I RITE?
yeh

Last edited:

samuel slack

HSC
Lol. What bs. You cannot do an hour of work and get band 6. The festival question for Sparta was hard, because I wasn't sure what it was asking. I wrote a paragraph on the three festivals (except I didn't call it the Apollo Karnei, just Karneia) Then talked about similarities and differences of each. How the king was spiritual and religious leader and led festivals, Spartans were extremely devout and believed gods had to be appeased, etc.

patchy20

HSC
lonlonlon said:
Anybody else do Rome or Caesar?
i did the fall of the republic and caesar. and...erm..."why did the republic fall"? or whatever the question was....is that even a question lol! no thinking required there. but now saying that i probably screwed it up lol.
but overall an enjoyable exam, pompey last question threw me off a bit...had to bullsiht.

hannahbonanaxx

HSC
^emmie^ said:
i thought u were only alowed to write in the space provided that sucks i could have wrote way more

im not being mean to u but i think this is unfair cause im sure allot of people didnt no this either

yes i feel exactly the same
i had so much more info i couldve written but it said end of Q3 and i had no idea we could ask for more
but, at least that is all they expect/want us to write
they cant take marks off for not writing enough
and i think we should be able to get 8/8 in that space just as much as if we wrote 5pages and not be discriminated against

its all over now anyway

yay:)

Loza33

HSC
They said in the markers comment that the majority of people last year wrote more than the alloted space for pompeii, but it was not necessarily reflective of marks and you could write in just that space and get full marks!!

But guys, seriously! stop complaining!!!

Obviously, you can write as MUCH as you want.. if you didnt that then how dumb are you??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)