General Thoughts - Biology (1 Viewer)

Marinatos

HSC
I thought it was pretty good, but I hate 6,7 and 8 mark questions. The elective was pretty shit, but it was always going to be. The Genetics elective always ask really wierd 6 and 7 mark questions.

Lovell

HSC
danz90 said:
shit i didn't name the hair cells as mechanoreceptors. I named these as hearing/auditory receptors, and then named hair cells and where they are found.

photoreceptors i did fine.

would i get the 2 marks u reckon???
mechano receptors isnt that touch?

hamzie

HSC
i talked about mechano receptors

they are just receptors which detect pressure changes

decoil

HSC
Lovell said:
mechano receptors isnt that touch?
Touch is part of it. But it includes soundwaves as well.

Edit: Yeah, what that guy above me said.

nasralla

HSC
marinabenyamin said:
ahh that was an ok exam.. yeh wats with THE ISECTTTTTTT question!!! and what are RECEPTORS?! help anyone..

ahh my hand kill i did legal n bio cant beleive the day is over ..hugeee headache!
hi marina this is mon bassal.. yer i misinterpreted that insect question wrote up an experiment instead.. receptors like 2 examples are mechanoreceptor for hearing and photoreceptor for sight.. dont worry marina pretty upset myself.. rubena ma-aki for the rest of ur exams..

Lordie

HSC
nasralla said:
hi marina this is mon bassal.. yer i misinterpreted that insect question wrote up an experiment instead.. receptors like 2 examples are mechanoreceptor for hearing and photoreceptor for sight.. dont worry marina pretty upset myself.. rubena ma-aki for the rest of ur exams..
Designing the experiment is fine, that's what I did. But then you had to show how obtaining secondary data can also aid in this. Did you mention that? Things such as reliability through using multiple sources etc.?

GET FREE

HSC
I felt good about this one. I finished about 20 minutes early, and that was after thoroughly checking through all my answers.

I think I got a fair few wrong in multiple choice, but I felt mostly good about everything else.

Slight hiccup with the last section. I was supposed to do communication, but I chose genetics instead. It wasn't even the elective that we studied at school. Had to bullshit my way through the last two questions. No marks there.

Freakin600

HSC
Re: how did you go?

russianROULETTE said:
no, you're not allowed to take it if you leave early, so i don't have one either, sorry.

i did communication, you?

...that's awkward - i took mine and i left nearly an hour early....

I did genetics - i hate hate hate genetics and the section on it did not improve my opinion about it!! =P

HSC

Freakin600 said:
...that's awkward - i took mine and i left nearly an hour early....

I did genetics - i hate hate hate genetics and the section on it did not improve my opinion about it!! =P
don't worry, you won't get in trouble it's just that students in other countries have their exams at a different time, they want to stop people calling up a friend to tell them what to study. not that you couldn't do it anyway.

haha, when it came to the option i looked at one of the questions and was like 'WTF? i don't remember this?!' turns out i was looking at the wrong one, lol.

imqt

Premium Member
HSC
nasralla said:

are you leb ? :)

Darrow

Executant of Life
HSC
The hardest part about this test was the 21 marks (if you did Communication) that went to the interpretive questions
That is the 8 marker 7 marker 6 marker
Well...the 7 marker required some knowledge of problems

But you know what I mean

They havent really tested like that before 0_0
Overall though i think I went well
Got that damned multiple choice about Light and Plants wrong...bastards theres always 1 that tricks me

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
that was similar all past papers...

so it wasnt really a shock/suprise.

i think i will get 90+ aligned. bitchiest question was 8 marker, and the question about making an experiment for 'new product' that kills pathogen :D

kay90

HSC
i died.
i then had to study for legal.
i died for that too.

HSC
geebee123 said:
so you're saying if you're ranked first and you stuff up a little in HSC you'll still be ok
heh, i'm ranked first in my class, but i'm fairly sure no one else in my class would've done all too well in the paper (may surprise me tho?) .... so i better hope i scrape a decent mark!

samjohnno91

HSC

Lordie said:
One was the sieve cell - what was the further away thing? I didn't get that...I also think, two features, for 1 mark? Maybe they'll give 1 mark if you get 1/2 correct...as they can't give half marks!
im pretty sure it was the sieve plate and companion cell was the other

samjohnno91

HSC

russianROULETTE said:
thankyou so much :D that would be awesome. i can check my answers against everyone else woot

same, went right down to the bottom lol. i did about 3-4 pages for the 7 marker, but my writing was massive. like twice as big as normal lol.
yea same, i used a second booklett for the blood question and a second booklett for the biotech option.

dolbinau

HSC

They do insist that the lines given indicate the space necessary to answer the question...

danz90

HSC

samjohnno91 said:
im pretty sure it was the sieve plate and companion cell was the other
In my opinion, Parenchyma cells was the more correct answer (according to my teacher too), but I'm sure they'll also accept companion cells :) , as it is arguable.

samjohnno91

HSC
procrastinater said:
i thought it was pretty good, finished like half an hr early. =)
the only thing sucked was that, did anybody do human story for their option?
if u did, did any1 remember the diagram (or if there was one) for the dna hybridisation question? totally did not know wat the hell was that :vcross:
definitely got no mrks out of 3!!! just wrote a random dna structure and wrote the word "primates" on top :cold:
apart from that, everything was such a huge relief! i managed to write alot in each question pretty much....
so i best heaps of ppl finished early =)
yep pretty much everyone in our hall finished with an hour to go, so i just went over everything alot.

danz90

HSC

dolbinau said:
They do insist that the lines given indicate the space necessary to answer the question...
well pretty much, but hey did i break that rule for the 8-marker on the donated blood.

i wrote well over the lines, squished a whole lot at the bottom, then moved and put an arrow leading to the page on the back where there was half a page of blank space and finished off my answer there. not that i'll be geting like more than 6/8 for that question LOL

i ended up going into 2 pages of a 2nd writing booklet for my communication. i just spewed out all the knowledge i had for the big marker questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)