General Thoughts: Biology (1 Viewer)

Glorious

HSC
Omg, so its either killer or cytotoxic?

Haha, BOS must've been bombarded with complaints or something lol. Should have made sure beforehand, BOS. Had approx a whole year to do so :p

brachester

HSC
Omg, so its either killer or cytotoxic?

Haha, BOS must've been bombarded with complaints or something lol. Should have made sure beforehand, BOS. Had approx a whole year to do so :p
i seriously don''t know if BOS know what they're doing. They screwed up the Math Ext1 for a lot of people, now they screwed up the biology again, wtf? they had literally a whole year to check for mistakes and difficulty

HSC
Re: 2011 HSC Biology Paper

I thought 4 would be C not A, as it was asking for chromosomes not dna (dna consists of all of A as well as proteins from a quick search on the internet).
Additionally question 20 i thought was A as the idea of punctuated equilibrium was developed to make up for the lack of transitional fossils.
Also for question 1, while the DNA coding for specific proteins is universal among organisms they dont all have identical proteins to each other, plants have chloroplasts where as animals dont. Thus i concluded it was B (biochemistry)

Please correct me if my thinking was wrong :\

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

Arg. If I got that wrong my MC will probably only be 16/20 which is worse than my trials, and all the past papers I did :(
I did one past paper tbh. But I did all of the MC from 2003-2010. So that was the part I was hoping for 100%. FUCKING CHROMOSOMES!!!

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad

I did 2010 paper and that was it. Did 50 MC online yesterday and got 46/50 so I thought I was good xD

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

I thought 4 would be D, as it was asking for chromosomes not dna (dna consists of all of A as well as proteins from a quick search on the internet).
Additionally question 20 i thought was A as the idea of punctuated equilibrium was developed to make up for the lack of transitional fossils.
Also for question 1, while the DNA coding for specific proteins is universal among organisms they dont all have identical proteins to each other, plants chloroplasts where as animals dont.
Please correct me if my thinking was wrong :\
Q4 is C or B (I forget) It says it in one of mah text books. Can't be D because Genes=DNA so that would be redundant to have DNA+Genes.
Q20 is C because punctuated equilibrium is the rapid change in evolution (learned this morning. lol)
Q1 is B. So obvious. All the others are pretty stupid answers (no offence).

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

I did 2010 paper and that was it. Did 50 MC online yesterday and got 46/50 so I thought I was good xD
I did 105 and got 104 last week of in class over like 20 minutes. I raged. lol

yum135

HSC
I'm posting here first so I can edit this after I do the exam with my very valuable knowledge and a scan of the exam. (option topic and multiple choice) I will attempt to steal an entire copy but no promises.

i think no. 4 is C cause chromosomes is DNA wrapped in protein called histones. I duno, cause i got confused whether just for the strand or the whole thing....

shakky

HSC
i seriously don''t know if BOS know what they're doing. They screwed up the Math Ext1 for a lot of people, now they screwed up the biology again, wtf? they had literally a whole year to check for mistakes and difficulty
And lets not forget Mod B in English Adv.

asmellyfish

HSC
dude, bio was easy dude, i dont know what you are talking bout. did you study at all?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm posting here first so I can edit this after I do the exam with my very valuable knowledge and a scan of the exam. (option topic and multiple choice) I will attempt to steal an entire copy but no promises.
i think no. 4 is C cause chromosomes is DNA wrapped in protein called histones. I duno, cause i got confused whether just for the strand or the whole thing....
I know. :(
I read it just before I went in and then wrote the wrong thing. :(

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't forget that Extension two had Q5-6 harder than 7.
Also, Crucible + Dickinson =/= Place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)