General Thoughts: Biology (1 Viewer)

madharris

HSC
N/A
Overall it was fine.
However: WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU GENETICS?!!!! THAT 8 MARKER WAS TERRIBLE!!! :(

asdfqwerty

HSC
i put phloem cells had cytoplasm...im sure phloem has cell wall as well, just that the xylem's is thicker...

hsc2012la

HSC
I put the distance of the focal length and just to be sure also the thickness of the lens.
MacFarlane Burnet I also mentioned how he discovered the self and non-self...
Stupid exam :p

For M.C. about the mature phloem and xylem cells, what was your answer? I said vascular bundle!
I chose the option where it stated that zylems have cell walls because the vascular bundle includes both the phloem and xylem.

HKspec009

HSC
For the macfarlane, pasteur and koch i wrote 6 pages O.O
I think i went a bit overboard
hoping for band 6 :)

GabbyG

HSC
Phloem has cytoplasm-

Xylem doesn't have a cell wall:/

wavess

HSC
What did you guys write for the relationship between dna replication and evolution?

jennnnnnn

HSC
OMFG i forgot the name as well!! i put down zymase..........

Madridismo

HSC
What did you guys write for the relationship between dna replication and evolution?
DNA replication was the only way for genetic material to pass, and so evolution was a "mutation"....shiz about miosis etc...

desmol

HSC
That question sucked. First I got confused and wrote about meiosis, read the qs again and had to cross it all out

I wrote about the importance of correct DNA replication, mutations and mutagens, and then how it contributes to variation in populations and evolution... then I put some stuff about meiosis just for good measure (even though apparently adding extra stuff can lose you marks)

My teacher also had all of that mutations stuff, but I'm still really unsure about it...

mrh94

HSC
I found it okay :D The multiple choice threw me off abit though. But I know I got part c of the ear wrong for Communications! I put round window instead of oval window :(
And for the enzyme experiment where you had to write down the dependent and indepedent variables, could you choose between 1 of the tree (ph, substrate, temp) and then cross if off from the controls? :/

hsc2012la

HSC
DNA replication is important in maintaining health as well as passing genetic material onto offspring. However sometimes they may be replicated incorrectly due to mutations and this creates new alleles hence creates variation. Then I went on stating how variation is important for evolution and gave an example just to back it up.

wavess

HSC
That question sucked. First I got confused and wrote about meiosis, read the qs again and had to cross it all out

I wrote about the importance of correct DNA replication, mutations and mutagens, and then how it contributes to variation in populations and evolution... then I put some stuff about meiosis just for good measure (even though apparently adding extra stuff can lose you marks)

My teacher also had all of that mutations stuff, but I'm still really unsure about it...
I wrote the exact same thing, at first I'm like whaaaa?
Then yeah I linked it to mutagens and mutations and variations. Hope we're right!

desmol

HSC
I wrote the exact same thing, at first I'm like whaaaa?
Then yeah I linked it to mutagens and mutations and variations. Hope we're right!
I kept thinking "there must be a mistake in the question or sth"
fingers crossed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)