General Thoughts: Biology (1 Viewer)

epic nerd

HSC
N/A
I hated the exam. All the questions were so tricky, instead of asking a question from the syllabus they put a massive spin on each making you think so hard to even understand what it's asking. Seriously!?
Don't think my marks will be too good for this one just based on how others answered the questions. Its stupid that they feel the need to twist the questions when all is required is to test knowledge of syllabus points.

bengosha60

Peasant
HSC
for question 15, the one about goltz syndrome, was just curious what everyones punnet squares were like as mine showed the girl to be a carrier rather than have the the syndrome and the boy had nothing ?
i still put D but am just curious if the answer is d because it is inherited as a dominant gene ??
Got B for that. The punnet should show gY gY Gg Gg

zeeee_

HSC
What did everyone get for q.18 about the pathogen P? I was torn between B and C but I put B because I had remembered reading that when your memory cells have already been exposed to a pathogen, then they're able to make a lot more antibodies a lot faster. Thoughts?

quoi

HSC
i think i messed up the observation of the rat thing :L put vasoconstriction but you cant really observe it... what else did you guys put?
I put the rat ate all the food and ran around a lot LOL, cause it was an endotherm and thus could generate heat through metabolic activity.

shved

HSC
yeah it was b. The secondary response is always higher than primary

Last edited:

bengosha60

Peasant
HSC
I put raised hairs (to capture a layer of heat) and shivering (to generate heat)
I was thinking that too but then i thought it was hard to observe since rats look like they have raised hairs? idk gonna have to depend on how harsh they mark it.... apparently you were supposed to say rat curls up into a ball to reduce SA

HSC
I was thinking that too but then i thought it was hard to observe since rats look like they have raised hairs? idk gonna have to depend on how harsh they mark it.... apparently you were supposed to say rat curls up into a ball to reduce SA
I cant even imagine a rat curled up in a ball XD

zeeee_

HSC
Q 19 in MC is prob the only one i screwed up. I put D and everyone else is like A and C :(
I put that too, only because I didn't think any of the others made sense lol. But now that I look back at it, I'm pretty sure it's C.

narutofire21

HSC
thats odd mltpchoice 18. would vaccination count, i mean previous exposure to the pathogen/ being vaccinated is technicly the same thing so they might accept 2 answers as they done that in the 2011 paper for 1 of the multiple choice

fallenang3l

HSC
For the 8 marker, what did you guys write for the technological change?

britaker

HSC
I thought it was a great paper. Especially the option Genetics: The Code Broken ... practically everything I *didn't* revise very well wasn't there. Woohoo! :D

quoi

HSC
thats odd mltpchoice 18. would vaccination count, i mean previous exposure to the pathogen/ being vaccinated is technicly the same thing so they might accept 2 answers as they done that in the 2011 paper for 1 of the multiple choice
But C was person 2, not person 1 (who had the higher antibody count)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)