General Thoughts: Business Studies (1 Viewer)

La Bomba

HSC
i focused on e-commerce. what does every1 think? no one else has taken this approach? but is very effective for differentiating the product .

x_symphonic

HSC
hey just wondering. what if in the report you didn't put the exact words 'quality of working life' but described it. Would it still be correct?

hairspray

HSC
by the sounds of things it seems overall that most people didnt do too well in the last section.. im hoping they take this into consideration with everybody and scales us all up!
I would like to think that as well... but i don't think so.
My theory is everyone who did really well are having a nap b4 they study for the English exam. Those who did well don't come on forums and bitch about the exam... they're too busy studying.

lukadore

HSC
Multi guess was easy. Except for one question.

A business using factoring to pay creditors --> liquidity or solvency????

I put liquidity.

Stuffed up the last question (2nd extended response choice). :mad:Get 7 marks for that Q and I'll be over the moon.

And also, could interest rates by a financial influence for exporting?
The answer was actually efficiency. because by factoring you're not influencing Current assets or Current Liabilities. so it doesn't effect the liquidity ratio. It's not effecting total debt or owners' equity, so it's not solvency.
The only thing you're effecting is accounts receivable, so it's the Accounts Receivable turnover ratio. so it's expenses.

I put liquidity, but we discussed it after the exam. damn that question.

matthew.mclean

HSC
It says it will examine all 5 topics, but it doesn't say that a topic can't be in both. Differentiation alone was enough to count as global.
I still think as a result of the stimulus objectives, the second dot point of the report was exclusively global. But, perhaps I'm just trying to convince myself I got the answer right.

Good luck with Belonging tomorrow everyone.

hairspray

HSC
The answer was actually efficiency. because by factoring you're not influencing Current assets or Current Liabilities. so it doesn't effect the liquidity ratio. It's not effecting total debt or owners' equity, so it's not solvency.
The only thing you're effecting is accounts receivable, so it's the Accounts Receivable turnover ratio. so it's expenses.

My answer was Liquidity because I thought factoring does affect current assets because factoring is the selling of account receivables, and accounts receivable is found under current assets.

superralex

Sheriosusly BHS09.
HSC

Effective working capital (liquidity) management.
Strategies for managing working capital - leasing, sale and lease back and factoring?

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
someone please tell me adv and dis adv of asx
this is what i has:
pro - businesses have a variety of choice in purchasing shares/bonds for financing their business. since the public companies listed range in various industries/sector, they can have a diverse portfolio

con - prices of shares can fluctuate & that there is a risk that the company they invest in go bankrupt

bayan92

HSC

Syllabus document -

effective working capital (liquidity) management
• the working capital ratio
• control of current assets — cash, receivables, inventories
• control of current liabilities — payables, loans, overdrafts
• strategies for managing working capital — leasing, factoring, sale and lease back

tomm2096

HSC
for the liquidity question... doesn't the cash generated through factoring come under current assets, therefore liquidity will be affected

xx.kelly.xx

Awesome Member
HSC
You don't know how happy I was when I saw the last extended response question (28). Marketing was the only topic I had looked out on my case study and I was praying to god that it would ask a marketing question so I didn't have to make up a load of crap!
:spin:

I didn't find the rest that bad, and was surprised there wasn't a short answer on ratios.. But I'm so glad there wasn't cause I would have been fucked

H4wk1n4t0r

HSC
Wasn't that bad, although the lack of Global Business and financial statements was a bit odd. Reports were fairly straightforward, wrote 9 and 10 pages for sections III and IV respectively.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
MY OPINION

- worst business studies paper ....EVER
- the questions were very vague & ambiguous
- i was surprised there weren't any short answers on the financial ratios (thank god)
- NO GLOBALISATION Q FOR EXTENDED RESPONSE. WTF ???:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Lilyy

HSC
you forgot solvency >_<

edit: ohh wait SHIT.... solvency wasnt an objective! shit.. am i going to lose marks for writing about that!?
I did that too. T___T" I hope I don't lose marks. But according to my Eco teacher, "BoS is there to give you marks not take marks away from you, you can't lose marks for having more information then required." - Paraphasing. Then again we kind of stated/remembered the syllabus wrong. Sooo T___T"

lukadore

HSC
to clarify asx. i do economics. ok listen disadvantage is vulnerable to economic cycle, e.g in recession share prices will go down, therefore there shares will have less value, yu know the rest. advantages: effective means of gaining capital as yu do not hav to pay interest etc associated with borrowing money. 2 easy ppl
Once the sahres have been bought, their value doesn't effect the business one bit, because they have their money, already to expand. so that isn't a disadvantage. a better disadvantage would be that since they have sold part of their business, they now have to give part of their prfits to shareholders.

La Bomba

HSC
yes but if the busines issues the shares and then their value depreciates, people will buy more shares at a lesser value.

carlytse621

HSC
Once the sahres have been bought, their value doesn't effect the business one bit, because they have their money, already to expand. so that isn't a disadvantage. a better disadvantage would be that since they have sold part of their business, they now have to give part of their prfits to shareholders.
I said the disadvantage would be: loss ownership since you are issuing shares to public, therefore you have less control, and they have voting right......is that a disadvantage?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)