General Thoughts: Business Studies (1 Viewer)

bitchiOoh

HSC
i was expecting a gobal question for 27/28.. it was so random.... it was relatively easy.... if i studied for that stuff.. T_T
m/c (y)

aeiss

HSC
omgg it was so hard
the mc was okay, short answers not too bad but
27 and 28?
fml
:(

La Bomba

HSC
yehhh thought there would be more on global too. was quite disapointed it wasnt an extended response as i learnt an extended response for it thoroughly

gutzeit

HSC
They are different; that is a fact.

Also note that I never said not to say branding - I mentioned branding in some depth, when discussing the product section of developing market strategies.

You needed to recommend a full global marketing strategy - that would include market segmentation/product differentiation, product, price, promotion, place, environmental effects on distribution, research of market, global branding and standardisation/differentiation, going into reasonable depth for all of them.
Ok good you are calming down now! :) You needed to calm down.

I included what I thought was most relevant and would be most effective in helping the business reach their objectives. I also figured this would be a good strategy as per the time limit.

X-terc

HSC
N/A
That was a pretty hard exam. The extended responses were WAY harder than the CSSA trials...man far out just kill me. For qt 3 mc i put Liquidity right then, being a smartass when back and changed to solvency. great.

I seriously need to prepare myself for a mystery star mark. far out.

born2plz

HSC
(q27 omg... failed..
did anyone think it was werid they didn't ask us any finaicial ratios in the short answers?)

reply to taht.
I was like fuking recheking my paperr, i was like wheres the revenue statementt. the onlyy ratio question was in multiple choice for

net profit ratio, gross profit ratio and Expense ratio..
got that right! i think..

OMFG- i did my business report only 4 pages as time allowed me in the Last 7 minutes. i worte 2 booklest worth for the last question, the questionwas so confusing, i didnt know how to relate financial planning with customer types? i was WTF. but i worte alot and most of it i did from my Case study NRL.

ASX? was like WTF? i worte Equity raised easily form shareholders but diusadvantage is taht if the money gets lost, shareholders can take youre business assests and file a law suit?
correctt??

I only did one strtegy for Social resp in bsuness rep- ecological sutainability(animal testing and no illgal dumpings like body shop) and mention quality of Working life.

mentioned reseach of markets, frnahcising and licencing(whihc was wrong i think).

yehh Last Q was prety much ACE.

80 pluss i spose!!

Tumnus

HSC
That exam was the hardest business studies exam I've done. I did all the past HSC papers and thought this was the hardest. The CSSA Trial was so much easier!!:jaw:

What was with the no financial ratios in the short answers!?! and there was SO much on ER in that exam!:chainsaw:

I WAS hoping for a band 6, but i really don't think I got one

Same i went through all the past exams since 2001 and that was so out of proportion! My trials was near enjoyable! this one....

i am not usually violent but for this once i will engross myself in the expression of violent emotions: i just wanna grab hold of BOS and write a new exams with their blood and finely pulped brains - if they have any...:mad::mad::mad:

i suppose every now and then an exam comes along that totally throws everyone, enraging teachers and especially students to bloodlust and the adolescent fantasy of the obliteration of civilisation.:chainsaw:
I thought both extended responses where too specific especially section 4. isn't it supposed to let you show your knowledge of a large segment of the course? not just impact of research on marketing plan and financial objectives? though it seems a number of ppl when well. i totally messed it up. I thought it was way too restricted.
And whats up with section 3 ? it was set out like a short answer question worth 20 marks! explain one ....outline 2....
:shoot:Band 6::chainsaw:
Short answers were just infuriatingly weird
Multiple choice were EASY AS i wrote down my responses so i can see how many i got right, betting its 19 or 20

warning: Do not consider the above as serious or real, fortunately they are but the delusional ravings of a psychologically burnt out nerd who just escaped the claws of the educational department....

La Bomba

HSC
to clarify asx. i do economics. ok listen disadvantage is vulnerable to economic cycle, e.g in recession share prices will go down, therefore there shares will have less value, yu know the rest. advantages: effective means of gaining capital as yu do not hav to pay interest etc associated with borrowing money. 2 easy ppl

schultzy92

HSC
Business Studies.. How do ya think you went?

hey,

So business studies today, i think i went alright, except for section IV couldnt decide which question xD, i finished about half hour early and just went through adding bits here and there, also where do they get there supervisors from? really. i could barely see ones face because of how high her pants were xD xD lol

anyway how do you all think you went??

schultzy,:shoot::dog:

matthew.mclean

HSC
They are different; that is a fact.

Also note that I never said not to say branding - I mentioned branding in some depth, when discussing the product section of developing market strategies.

You needed to recommend a full global marketing strategy - that would include market segmentation/product differentiation, product, price, promotion, place, environmental effects on distribution, research of market, global branding and standardisation/differentiation, going into reasonable depth for all of them.
I think you're overstating how much pure marketing was required in the report. If you look to previous notes from the marketing centre as well as the core syllabus itself, section 3 and 4 will examine in total the 5 topics. Typically, 3 in the former and 2 in the latter.

As marketing was explicitly assessed in section 4, it was essential to discuss the global topic in section 3, albeit the marketing sub section of it i.e. global branding, standardisation/differentiation or market research, whichever you saw the most appropriate.

born2plz

HSC
Re: General Thoughts: Business Studies to clarify asx. i do economics. ok listen disadvantage is vulnerable to economic cycle, e.g in recession share prices will go down, therefore there shares will have less value, yu know the rest. advantages: effective means of gaining capital as yu do not hav to pay interest etc associated with borrowing money. 2 easy ppl

YouTube - highway attack GT-R RX-7 Aug,1999

Gt-R vs Rx-7 highway attack

MAN I DID DISADVANTAGE AS UHM IF MONEY IS LOST FINANCIALLY AND BUSINESS DOESNT HAVE ENOUGH EQUITY BECAUSE THE BUSINESS IS A DUD, I WORTE TAHT THE SHAREHOLDERS WILL CEASE ALL BUSINESS ASSETS AND FILE A LAW SUIT,WHICH WILL MEAN CLOSURE OF BUSINESS

spoonbender

HSC
THAT. WAS. HARD.

Pretty much everything I DIDN'T study. Where were the ratios? Where were the management theories? Most of all - WHERE WAS GLOBAL BUSINESS?? I wasted so much time studying global business and it wasn't even on there!!! :mad:

Also, what's with all the ethics? Didn't know any of it >_> Oh, and the financial planning process. That 9 step son of a bitch. Good thing I kinda knew the other question.

Rebecca28

HSC
I think overall it was okay and i think i done alright.

Multiple choice= there were one or two questions that left me stumped but who knows maybe i guessed correctly

Short answers= some were pretty random but fortunately i knew my stuff so i think i done pretty good overall in that section

Business Report= excellent i feel great about it

Extended= I am a bit of an idiot i chose the planning cycle question and there was so much to talk about with the marketing strategies aswell and the types of customers my report is brief towards the end as time was pressing but hopefully i at least get 15 or 16/20 for it.

La Bomba

HSC
i dont believe they can do that. that is why you see many stock investors go broke. poseidon had shares that started at a dollar and went up to $100, then the market crashed, poseidon went broke and shareholders lost all their money. that is why shares are so risky, because you canot get ur money back if business goes broke.

bmn

HSC
I think you're overstating how much pure marketing was required in the report. If you look to previous notes from the marketing centre as well as the core syllabus itself, section 3 and 4 will examine in total the 5 topics. Typically, 3 in the former and 2 in the latter.

As marketing was explicitly assessed in section 4, it was essential to discuss the global topic in section 3, albeit the marketing sub section of it i.e. global branding, standardisation/differentiation or market research, whichever you saw the most appropriate.
It says it will examine all 5 topics, but it doesn't say that a topic can't be in both. Differentiation alone was enough to count as global.

trim77

HSC
by the sounds of things it seems overall that most people didnt do too well in the last section.. im hoping they take this into consideration with everybody and scales us all up!

BUSINESSKING

HSC

Re-quoting again, this is more or less the structure that I used:

I said the impact would be that their objective of increasing reputation would be achieved. It doesn't really matter, there isn't a right or wrong answer as such, as long as you justify is properly.

The report had 3 sections ~

1. 2 social responsibilities [this is from Topic 1: I used Quality of working life, Managing cultural diversity], applying it to the scenario was fairly straight-forward.

2. 1 global marketing strategy, with a focus on differentiation in Asia [This has elements from Topic 3 and Topic 5: You need to consider both the development of marketing strategies (Differentiation/Segmentation, Produce, Price, Promotion, Place, Environmental Effects on Distribution) and the marketing aspect of managing global business (Research of market, Global branding, Standardisation/Differentiation)] and take into account the fact that they are expanding to Asia, a foreign continent with consumers who may have different cosmetic needs to Australians. This means you would place a heavy emphasis on the research of market, and would be using more differentiation of products than standardisation since the business is not very big all over the world - Global branding probably isn't relevent, at least not as a primary focus.

3. 2 key influences on employment relations [From Topic 4, straight from the syllabus: I used social influences and economic influences], like the first section applying this to the scenario isn't very difficult.
In the second section, I focused more on the Topic 5 'aspects of managing global business - marketing' than Topic 3's 'developing marketing strategies', but you still need to mention both of them in depth, while considering the information from the syllabus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)