General Thoughts: Chemistry (1 Viewer)

nichorowitz

HSC
What did people get for the citric acid question? Taking it being triprotic into account I divided moles by 3, worked out concentration and then since it was diluted to 10% for the titration I multiplied the concentration by 10, and I got 3.1 mol/L or something. It seemed a little high but cordial is really strong when it isn't diluted right? Please be right.
i got the exact same but surely that is too high

Perinne

HSC
Re: Chem How HARD!!

I didn't think it was that bad, but I'm a bit annoyed that there was no question on batteries, I spent ages memorising equations

lachlanmitchell

HSC
Re: Chem How HARD!!

Does anyone know what liquid X was? i guessed sulfuric acid and talked about it dehydrating the copper sulfide crystal thing.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
He had to talk about le Chatlier in the ostwald process right
?

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
I mean his principles and other shit? correct ?

lolcakes52

HSC
Tbh i dunno exactly which one it was But My teacher who is a hsc test marker told us that it wasnt in the syllybus. In fact she was really angry over the fact.
It was showing that you understood le chataliers principle and the effect of temperature and pressure on the rate or reaction and yield of reaction. It was a good question because you had to apply knowledge as apposed to just regurgitating something that a teacher shoved into your cranium.

snorelacks

HSC
Are you allowed to write over the lines given in the exam? Because I heard some people say you're not allowed...

Motvoo

HSC
If we're not allowed to write over the lines then I'm screwed. Haha. I wrote over for like every question. Even chucked a bit on the sides.

silence--

HSC
if you didn't know, you can ask for extra booklets. (that said, a few times i did just write under the lines a little because i didn't really want to get a new booklet for like 1 sentence :/)

i'm pretty sure from what i've read on the forums that its ok to go over though

b3kh1t

HSC
Are you allowed to write over the lines given in the exam? Because I heard some people say you're not allowed...
If that is true then I am completely stuffed hahaha because I went over every line given to me. Btw its not true lol

b3kh1t

HSC
if you didn't know, you can ask for extra booklets. (that said, a few times i did just write under the lines a little because i didn't really want to get a new booklet for like 1 sentence :/)

i'm pretty sure from what i've read on the forums that its ok to go over though
my supervisors were to slow so I just wrote like 5 lines under the oswald process, seriously could have wrote 2 pages for that

silence--

HSC
also i think i got 0.31 (or thereabouts) for the citric acid one. (cant remember actually, but i remember 3's and 1's in there, and 3.1 does seem a bit high)

mentioning le chatelier's principle for the 6 marker (or any equilibrium question really) is probably necessary for full marks.

anyway, test is over. time to study phys!

zhiying

HSC
Fairly easy IMO, I know I've definitely lost 3 marks, the rest is up to the marking criteria :)

CalumGemmell

HSC
my supervisors were to slow so I just wrote like 5 lines under the oswald process, seriously could have wrote 2 pages for that
Haha I reckon! I used all the lines, and space underneath the lines and half a writing booklet to make sure I had all my bases covered.

zhiying

HSC
I said its because a strong acid and a strong base produce a salt and water, 100% guessing though.
I think it is because all neutralisation reactions are 1mole of H+ + 1mol of OH- gives 1 mole of water, that's what my teacher said

Georgina168

HSC
That was absolute BS. I'm 100% sure I've never learnt that, nor could I link it to anything I have learnt in class.

I guessed that X was H2SO4 (My teacher told me it was conc. H2SO4), but apart from that I can kiss those two sweet marks good bye.
I *think* it was a base because the crystals were an acid. So it was a weird type of titration. Maybe

Motvoo

HSC
I went out of that exam like I've went out of all my exams so far ... feeling iffy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)