General Thoughts: Chemistry (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
hey guys, when you drew the ester, did you show the catalyst and that it was a reversible reaction?

i literally had no space, so I just drew a small arrow :(
feelsbadman

HSC
N/A
I studied the dry cell which has minimal environmental impact, so when i saw that q, i nearly died :(

I just bullshitted and said that it was prone to leaking, and because zinc is reactive it may damage the environment, and that it contributed to landfill because it was non-renewable.

I thought the "collaboration of scientists" related to CMM, so idk I threw in the collaboration between a product and environmental scientist.

lydia1992

scientificfield
HSC
Uni Grad
hey guys, when you drew the ester, did you show the catalyst and that it was a reversible reaction?

feelsbadman
the reaction never goes to completion, it's reversible and in equilibrium so u have to put the 2 side arrows <-- --> , you should not forget the water as by product , and the sulfuric acid catalyst on the arrow

HSC
N/A
the reaction never goes to completion, it's reversible and in equilibrium so u have to put the 2 side arrows <-- --> , you should not forget the water as by product , and the sulfuric acid catalyst on the arrow
yeah, I know it's an equilibrium Lydia :p

I just didn't have the space. If I lose dat 2 marks, i'll just drag our class! Pray they're lenient.

lydia1992

scientificfield
HSC
Uni Grad
I studied the dry cell which has minimal environmental impact, so when i saw that q, i nearly died :(

I just bullshitted and said that it was prone to leaking, and because zinc is reactive it may damage the environment, and that it contributed to landfill because it was non-renewable.

I thought the "collaboration of scientists" related to CMM, so idk I threw in the collaboration between a product and environmental scientist.
board of studies has always a way to kill students :S
I wrote about lead acid cell , and included the anode and cathode equation, and that lead is toxic so environmental chemist must use AAS to test if there is traces of Pb in the environment and notify the development chemist as he is responsible for creating the battery and the analytical chemist work with them to calculate the concentration of sulfuric acid in the battery as it is corrosive ...

I'm sure I'm gonna get less than 3 LOL

Last edited:

lydia1992

scientificfield
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, I know it's an equilibrium Lydia :p

I just didn't have the space. If I lose dat 2 marks, i'll just drag our class! Pray they're lenient.
I wish the same thing bro but the problem is if they consider the exam as "easy" they will be hard markers but I found it challenging, and I always come top three in my school , but anyways I will keep praying until the marks will be issued :(

lydia1992

scientificfield
HSC
Uni Grad
I think all of you are stressing yourselves by comparing your answers to others,

if you did your best I don't think there is anything to be stressed about, every person will get what he deserves and what he worked for the whole year :)

simskee

Demon
HSC
I thought the chemistry exam was alright! The calculations were fun :D

uhoohoo

HSC
easier than expected but i still didn't know how to do half the paper

Yindi

HSC
I thought the chemistry exam was alright! The calculations were fun :D
I agree, they weren't the standard calculations that you usually see. They made you think laterally, which was good as many people can't do that and there is very little room for lateral thinking, or applying your understanding in chemistry compared to other subjects.

Rawf

HSC

feelsbadman
I dunno. I wrote "conc H2SO4 and reflux" on my arrows

madharris

HSC
N/A
what was the other safety precaution for esterification??
I said use a hot plate or a heating mantle as alkanols and alkanoic acids are flammable, and are therefore dangerous to use with a bunsen burner.
or something like that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)