General Thoughts: Chemistry (1 Viewer)

Rawf

HSC
I said use a hot plate or a heating mantle as alkanols and alkanoic acids are flammable, and are therefore dangerous to use with a bunsen burner.
or something like that
Oh... uh oh. I said to reflux and user a condenser so the products and reactants aren't lost - these can be toxic and to perform it in a fume cupboard. do you think i'd still get the mark? how many marks was that question worth?

nicolaas

HSC
did anyone do forensic chemistry? and if so what are ur thoughts on it especially teh 7 marker

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Didn't it ask for one safety precaution that was specific to the experiment (esterification), that is, refluxing?

I did reflux because the products are volatile and flammable - posing a safety risk.

Last edited:

hnnhp

HSC
N/A
I stared at that equilibrium multiple choice question for about 5 minutes until I finally saw the third line. I am so blind.
Overall not bad but the fuck was that extended response?
What was the answer? I just guessed lol

kdizzler

HSC
I spent about a page trying to solve otherwise. But mg/L is in ppm and mg/kg is also in ppm. I think it may have been a troll question...
I don't think it was a troll question, as mg/L refers to the concentration of the sample but mg/kg refers to the concentration per kg of fish

ellie95

HSC
N/A
If anyone did industrial chem, what was the k value? I got 2450 however my teacher said its around 0.9

SchoolIsBoringg

HSC
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

so sad for you all choosing the most boring subjects

crazy_paki123

HSC
your right, i recall getting 2450ish, nearly all the reactant is consumed
lol, i got 0.96... aswell (same as your teacher) but this is wrong, ill get 2/3, but the correct answer is your answer due to the 2:1 ratio resulting in k=2450

SandyS1995

HSC
Pretty easy. I spent 1 hour on the mercury question though but I got the right answer so I'm happy bout that. ^.~
The only question I couldn't answer was the scientist question so I know I'll get 0/6 for that.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty easy. I spent 1 hour on the mercury question though but I got the right answer so I'm happy bout that. ^.~
The only question I couldn't answer was the scientist question so I know I'll get 0/6 for that.
Did you use the gradient ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)