General Thoughts: Chemistry (1 Viewer)

habitres

HSC
what did u guys say the digram with the balls (molecular model) thing was? Please tel me it was addition polymerisation
Yep.
It was addition polymerisation of ethylene through the initator method (though the second bit wasn't needed, just fyi)

madharris

HSC
N/A
Everything was pretty straight forward except for a few multiplechoice questions, the acid tablet question and the mercury questions.

THANK YOU SHIPWRECKS!!! :D

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, somehow I got 2450 for K, since the number of moles changed from 0 to 0.198 for Nitrogen, Hydrogen would have the same concentration since they are in equal amounts in the equation. Since that adds up to 0.396 there would have been 0.004 moles left of NO thus i got 0.198^2/0.004^2.
This is correct imo :)

HSC
N/A
i hated it. fak u bos.

dat mc really screwed me over.

btw can we use BOD and DO for the eutrophication? i said it linked to algal blooms

and yeah, idk how i did in the aspirin q. defs failed in the fish one.

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
i hated it. fak u bos.

dat mc really screwed me over.

btw can we use BOD and DO for the eutrophication? i said it linked to algal blooms

and yeah, idk how i did in the aspirin q. defs failed in the fish one.
Yes, you can. But it's not the most accurate method due to the many other external factors that can influence the amount of organic matter in the system and amount of DO. Then again, you'll probably get the marks anyway.

gayforniall

HSC
Uni Grad
It wasn't too bad, some of the multiple choice were bad though. And it was overall a pretty fun exam. YAY I'M FINALLY FREE!

karimingo

HSC
chemistry was harder this year then other past papers.... multiple choice some were confusing... the fish question was a retard...

Sindivyn

HSC
Hey, somehow I got 2450 for K, since the number of moles changed from 0 to 0.198 for Nitrogen, Hydrogen would have the same concentration since they are in equal amounts in the equation. Since that adds up to 0.396 there would have been 0.004 moles left of NO thus i got 0.198^2/0.004^2.
Your answer is correct. I made a mistake (got 0.04 moles instead of 0.004) :(

Magical Kebab

HSC
two quick questions if anyone can help... Nothing to do with the exam...
in a galvanic cell, conventionally you put the anode on the left and cathode on the right.. Does it matter if it's the other way around?
Also, taking for example zinc and copper, the redox reaction here takes place by the zinc losing the electrons and forming ions if I'm right..what makes the zinc lose electrons in the first place anyway?

Thanks..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)