General Thoughts: Economics (1 Viewer)

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Multiple choice was hard.
Short answer was medium... but I think that's only cause I was so put off from the multiple choice.
Essay's were good questions.. all of them

I FORGOT MY CALCULATOR!!!!!! Had to do everything in my head.. far out that cost me a band 6.. which I would've got too... oh well...
HSC = OVER... good bye and good riddance!!!!
smart, just borrow one from the maths department, thats what someone did at my school in the physics.

Last edited:

DominicDimech

HSC
what did you all put for the very first short answer about what contributed most to CPI?

DominicDimech

HSC
i put food because housing had a CPI of 110 and weighting of 20 while food had a CPI of 120 and weighting of 15. or something like that

DannyT

HSC
everyone at my school had different answers...
please go through the maths. what's the relationship between weighting, CPI figures for each item and inflation? I actually have no idea.

M@ster P

HSC
lmao I put health or something, I'm pretty sure I am wrong

CPI = 150 weighting = 5

M@ster P

HSC
lol i didnt know what i was thinking when i put health, oh well 1 mark gone....

Yuan99

HSC
I believe the answer to that question was housing most of my friends got that... indeed multi choice was hard but that was all i thought question 19 would be C as the labour force would stay the same because even thou those people are not activly seeking work they still would be classified as unemployed therefore unemployment would go up but the hidden unemployment point is correct ...... same tricky question

accordong to the person who posted his answers to mulitchoice i would have lost 8 marks ....... which is like holy s**t :burn::burn::burn:

pinkkate1406

HSC
LOl yeh 12.c is right i didnt know if a higher hdi was good or bad :(

um yeh 19 i had problems with, but the level of unemployment would be the same and the labour force would be smaller. Thus unemployment rate would be higher .

for instance 1/3 < 1/2

is u/e rate unemployed /labour force :S

i got real confused in the exam
now i had 12c too..but accoridng to the other thread this is wrong. we alll got tricked. bloody BOS
it is d because a because the nominal gdp calculation for year 2...the base yr number is 130...not 100!
dammit

megaman

HSC
I believe the answer to that question was housing most of my friends got that... indeed multi choice was hard but that was all i thought question 19 would be C as the labour force would stay the same because even thou those people are not activly seeking work they still would be classified as unemployed therefore unemployment would go up but the hidden unemployment point is correct ...... same tricky question

accordong to the person who posted his answers to mulitchoice i would have lost 8 marks ....... which is like holy s**t :burn::burn::burn:
I put C as well because the labour force wouldnt change because they are still aged between 16 and 65 and if you are actively seeking employment then you are technically classed as employed thus it was C as unemployment goes up because they are not actively seeking work and the labour force would not change. Well I hope that was C because that is what I should have put either way.

megaman

HSC
Oh and Im also fairly sure it was housing as you worked out the importance to CPI levels, I worked it out in a ratio type way and gave good results. Health was factored in too lightly thus I dont believe it was health.

pinkkate1406

HSC
i took a guess for that one. disregarding the cpi figure totally and just looking at their weightings hahaha
put housing anyways. so hopefully

AnandDNA

HSC
everyone at my school had different answers...
please go through the maths. what's the relationship between weighting, CPI figures for each item and inflation? I actually have no idea.
u times the cpi thingo with the percentage weighting thing

i dnt think its in a textbook so i think mainly the mathematicians got it right

i got housing

what was non-discretionary and discretionary parts of that budget :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)