General Thoughts: Economics (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How did you find the exam? Share you thoughts here.

HSC
N/A
What an exam. Finished in like an hour! As a consumer of those questions I was most enthusiastic.

MindInDisturbia

HSC
I thought the exam was pretty straight foward if you actually studied decently. I for one did not study decently and i can admit to it. Without the decent study i think i did okay but all in all the exam would of been heaps easy if you studied decent.

Btw was it just me or did a lot of people leave earlier than expected cause i left at like 4 on the dot and i completed everything. =/

determine

Premium Member
HSC
I expected the exam would be more straightfoward this year than last year, as last year was a difficult paper and they've now backed it up with an easier one following complaints last year!

What were the essays on?

Titangod77

HSC
I also done the exam, it was alright not too hard,
but the essay questions were a bit long... (not to sure if i concluded right)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I expected the exam would be more straightfoward this year than last year, as last year was a difficult paper and they've now backed it up with an easier one following complaints last year!

What were the essays on?
I dont think it was a straightforward exam to me it seemed quite different to previous papers and trials, some of the multiple choice were challenging and the short answers were a bit weird. There was like 7-10 marks (over a few questions) on both labour markets and environmental and then case study was short answer as with last year but the question was worded strangely (something to do with business cycle). The 4 essays were Fiscal, Monetary, MER and how exchange rates are impacted by changes in the domestically and globally.

xAlan

HSC
I found the exam pretty easy but I did not prepare properly for the essay questions. Multiple choice was definitely the hardest part and the short answers were relatively easy.

determine

Premium Member
HSC
the general consensus so far:

- multiple choice was hard.
- short answers were decent overall
- essays were nothing shocking. (HEY, I PREDICTED ESSAYS CORRECTLY LOL)

the cut-off will have to go up.

HSC
Uni Grad
That was SO easy, and I only studied for like a day! Best Economics test ever.
Multiple choice was a bitch though. And what did everyone do for the labour market policy/structural unemployment question? That was the only one I couldn't get. I BSed about WorkChoices and unfair dismissal laws, I really had no idea

HSC
i said the introduction of the jobs and training compact in 2010 which was designed to provide assistance and training to retrenched workers...hope thats right :/

TorMental

HSC
It was ok, zz so tired after bio + my tummy was like 'bro, wth, give me food or some shit dude'.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
Hardest exam ever i failed so bad. i wanted to be an investment banker but now im just going to be another wanker cuz i failed :(

michaeljennings

HSC
OMG that was so hardd!! I cant believe they made an exam that difficult..Even my teacher said it was hard...

I was hoping to get a band 6 to get bonus points for UNSW BUT NOW I CANT

failwhale

HSC
i found it pretty straightforward except for the multiple choice. that shit was fucked, so hard, LOL even question 1 put me off. i was like "oh dear another exam that raped me" after coming from 3u and 4u in the same week :\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)