General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your overall thoughts of Advanced Paper 2 here.

What aspects of the paper did you like and dislike? Did you consider it a fair test of your abilities?

artosis

HSC
hahahaha bos trolled hard for the yates question.

did anyone actually study 'among school children'????

evanstroeve

Premium Member
HSC
Mannnnnn, module B is going to hammer sooo many people. For the first time in 11 years or something, they specified a poem in Yeats, and the other options with multiple texts. Among School Children was the poem I prepared for most, so I am absolutely over the moon. Other Modules were fine.

K

kleenextissues1

Same with speeches, the specified suu kyi, and luckily it was one of my major studies lol

gunat61

HSC
how did riproot predict it right AGAIN :O
but yayyayay i basically only studied suu kyi and keating. but yep, people in my grade got screwed =\

apollo1

Banned
HSC
fuk my life does anyone else do In the skin of a lion? the closing scenes of that book i did not look at at all. got 19/20 for mod b essay in my trial. for hsc expecting 5/20.

Screamm

HSC
Frankenstein/blade was very good, as was smithsonian website for mod C, hamlet was the most stupid question i have ever seen so fucked.

brettymaccc

HSC
Module B was different. For all you people doing a film or whatever, shut up.

Speeches was a joke, "how does the end of Suu Kyi's speech affect your judgment of her speech and all the others?"

Essentially asking how the end of her speech is related to six other unrelated ones.

Cheers, board of studies.

yours

HSC
module A = It was easier than the question from last year, which was strange!?
module B = Interesting and fair. If you hadn't studied Act 5 of Hamlet you were screwed.
module C = This was predictable, but annoying as it usually focuses on either CP or rep., not both, but this question forced you to look at both of them. Also only allowing one text was interesting.

Overall I liked the paper. There were no nasty surprises.

kteague4

HSC
Module B was different. For all you people doing a film or whatever, shut up.

Speeches was a joke, "how does the end of Suu Kyi's speech affect your judgment of her speech and all the others?"

Essentially asking how the end of her speech is related to six other unrelated ones.

Cheers, board of studies.
^ I second this!

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
Can people post the essay questions for the benefit of those who did not sit the exam today?

wizzle_wazzle

HSC
fuk my life does anyone else do In the skin of a lion? the closing scenes of that book i did not look at at all. got 19/20 for mod b essay in my trial. for hsc expecting 5/20.
Yea this.

I don't even have a copy of the book. Piece of shit anyway.

Just went on some philosophical rant of how the characters of Temmelcoff and Alice shape Ondaatje's lyrical writing style - which is also evident in the closing scenes of the book.

rainydays

HSC
Frankenblade and The Fiftieth gate were perfect -insert prepared response here- questions but Yeats was dreadful. They had to pick the one poem I didn't study in depth. Though hopefully a lot of other people struggled with that question too and it gets aligned.

HSC
Uni Grad
Blade Runner Frankenstein was easy, conflicting perspectives was easy as hell (I pretty much just added a sentence with unique or evocative at the end of each paragraph of my prepared essay), but Hamlet....
FUCK YOU BOARD OF STUDIES, FUCK YOU TO OBLIVION.
Worst question ever. I'll be happy if I get over 12 for that one.

engie_benji

HSC
all good except module B. Those who did hamlet got it easy. speeches was bullshit. So pissed

yours

HSC
Modules A, B and C. Thanks
mod A:
In what ways does a comparative study accentuate the distinctive contexts of (text 1) and (text 2)?

mod B:
different for every text "In the context of your critical study, to what extent does your response to the closing scenes in "text" inform your judgement of this "text" as a whole?

In your response make detailed reference to "text""

MOD C: Explore how Text and ONE other related text of your own choosing represent conflicting perspectives in unique and evocative ways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)