General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

daniellelouise

HSC
Re: WORSE PAPER EVER MADE .... Thoughts?

I think it was pretty open ended and was definitely a lot easier than previous years.. Module B was a bit specific, but if you knew the text well enough you would've been fine. Although for people doing poetry it's a bit harsh if you hadn't really studied that poem.

TheWolfsLunch

HSC

I liked it much more than the trial paper. This felt much easier and straightforward. Echoing daniellelouise that B was a bit specific, but otherwise it wasn't too bad.

pixies

HSC
N/A

module a & c - fair enough
b was a killer

Italian4uc

HSC
OMG the Yeats question! was a joke srsli, i knew absolutely nothing about among school children -_-

Italian4uc

HSC
yeah i'm in the same position for yeats. i knew nothing about among school children so i jus wrote absolute crap about among school children.

Glorious

HSC

They were generally okay. If I had to choose one I didn't feel as comfortable with - it would be Module A. Maybe my bs skills weren't that profound, I'm not sure. However, i'm just going to be content and think about my marks for this section in my trials - did two trials and got 20 for this section, but suprisingly, I'm not too confident this time.

Galladrim

HSC

Speaking to teachers afterwards, we agreed that it was a friendly paper, for us at any rate.

The specific question for Module B didn't really phase anyone too much. Fingers crossed.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Module A and C were very generic, as long as you answered the question, you could have quite easily used a prepared response. Module B was specific, but I studied the one poem for Yeats' that they used (Among School Children), and knew it in depth, so I did extremely well! So happy!

sabrina1234

HSC
Paper 2 was ok. Did surprisingly well in p&p and LTA but im pretty sure alot of people got screwed over with hamlet...worst question ever.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
hahahaha bos trolled hard for the yates question.

did anyone actually study 'among school children'????
Yes! I'm going to put it down to luck! Among School Children was the one poem I knew in depth!

Fake-Name

HSC
I found the Hamlet question to be pretty decent. I just discussed how Hamlet is 'soldier-like' (his struggle to restore the kingdom), why he has to die (because of his crimes against morality) and something about Laertes' forgiveness.

Frankenstein was the basic context comparison, but I think you had to highlight the differences eg. Enlightenment vs. Corporatism.

History and memory was pretty generic, but I didnt get write everything I wanted to...

All in all, not too bad.

silence--

HSC
mod a and mod c were good and all.
i dont think however that mod a was entirely a -insert generic essay here- question, because of the 'distinct contexts' thing, as someone already said in this thread.

mod b is mod b. lol.

jp714

HSC
N/A
bloody speeches screwed me over - worst question dead set

HSC
Uni Grad
fark module B was like WTF??? thought they never selected speeches.. Well GG I was wrong.

But i bullshitted. I said that the closing statements didn't impact on my judgement.. then I wrote out whatever I memorized from the night before.

13abie

HSC
I hated that it was ONE related text for module C instead of at least ONE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)