General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

Exotic

HSC
after english today, i have a feeling BOS has thrown in alot of shifty things into other papers just to make our life hell
After i did business i thought the hsc will be really easy, i was really confident, but after today im expecting some more suprises in the next exams definitely.

shutupnsmile

Premium Member
HSC
No! Among school children was one of the only ones i didnt do! D:
I tried to analyse the last stanza they gave us, but all in all, i didn't really answer the question.
Wonder how badly we'll get penalised for that :\

ruffshod

HSC
yeats was completely unfair and uncalled for. im so screwed :((((((((((

Sophia H

HSC
Rawrence: if this were facebook, I would "like" your post.
I was a bit thrown by the Module C "ONE" related text. Because I had two related texts whose perspectives conflicted with each other... so I just went ahead and used them, ah well. :p

splash_me

HSC
I thought the paper was actually very good.
Did anyone else do:

Mod A: Richard III and Looking for Richard
Mod B: Cloudstreet
Mod C: Fiftieth Gate

Richard and Fiftieth Gate were awesome! :D The Cloudstreet extract was very specific but you could pretty much talk about anything you wanted relating to textual integrity of the novel.

oscarmanutdfan

HSC
Re: WORSE PAPER EVER MADE .... Thoughts?

Hamlet was awesome. Who doesn't relate their reading to the end of the play anyway?

HSC

haha yes, i argued against the hamelt module b question as well

Chazure

HSC
Uni Grad

WOOO! last english exam evveeeeeeeeeeeer! :DDDDDDDD

lol jks, got 3U exam in 2 weeks ;(

module A - okay
module B - threw me off at first but l actually think l went okay
module C - okay

for some reason, l actually felt better during this one than the AOS.

plasticities

HSC
Could not have been happier with the module A and C questions for EBB/Gatsby and 50th Gate. I was actually happy that I only needed one related for history/memory because I probably wouldn't have been able to fit a second related in. But I almost cried when I read the Hamlet question. Ugh I think I fucked it up, I just pulled quotes from it and related it back to corruption, revenge and ended up doing fragility of human existence instead of verisimilitude. Thank fuck i remembered my quotes from trials.

I had such a bad feeling they would ask something about scenes in Hamlet. oh well the happiness i feel over never doing english again is overshadowing how mad i was at that question.

WaterIsLiquid

HSC

Mod A/C were fairly easy for prepared responses. i should have expected this.
Mod B (hamlet) wow, it was the biggest shocker ever. i litterally made 2 booklets of bullcrap restoring natural order to the world, since thats all i could think about for fortinbras speech and then relate it to textual integrity wharttheeefackk?

Politic

HSC
N/A

module A - easy, "accentuate"
module B - worked well for my text and thesis
module C - easy question but 1 related text only

nano2e

HSC

Module B was ridiculous!

katoji

HSC

A - was ok. B - did better than most. C - okay.
Then again, my perception of how I do in exams is screwed up lol.

barny268

HSC

does anyone know when the last time was that they specified a speech/essay/scene etc. for mod B. just for interrest sake :)

heyfeebs

HSC

A - was ok. B - did better than most. C - okay.
Then again, my perception of how I do in exams is screwed up lol.
Same here. The essays I feel pretty confident on turn out pretty meh, and the ones I'm shitting bricks on top the entire class. :/

cloudstr1f3r

HSC

Pretty happy with the paper...

Module A is easy, just compare the context of Browning's romantic era and Fitzgerald's lost generation and how they represent different values. When I mean how, yes techniques, I used a fair bit.
Module B is perfect, all those Asians with pre-prepared essays about how themes shaped their judgment of the play as a whole could fail and fuck off. Seriously, this is the best idea ever from the Board of Studies. I did an anlysis on the transformation of Hamlet, and why these passages are said about him, which basically treats him AS a hero. So my personal response to it is merely a reflection and to a minimal extent had shaped my judgment of the play as a whole. But I supported my judgement throughout the whole text and did a significant analysis of the last scene in Hamlet 'The rest is silent'. Great fun, used a few critics like Nietzsche and Harold Bloom. This is really a perfect essay, much better than yesterday's belonging.
Module C: History and memory lol, easy as fuck. Just bs your way through with valid techniques and quotes, you'd get 15+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)