General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

declanbehan

HSC
Did anyone else not mention context in Module A? It didn't seem relevant to me at the time.

Although I can see how it might be.
It's imperative..it's a comparative study "evaluate the relationship between texts and contexts" is listed in the rubric above the question..

skyscraper

Goin Up
HSC
I almost shat myself at the 2nd essay, I thought I was doing wrong question, then realised I wasnt :p
Paper was fine, got more out for my essays then usual which is always nice :)

clarg

HSC
Yeh I'm sure I'll lose a mark or two, that being said, I answered the question, so I'm still looking at a high mark. BTW if you're wondering how I answered the question without mentioning context, I merely did it by separating the literary techniques of Frankenstein from the visual techniques of Blade Runner.

CommunityFan

HSC
Did anyone else not mention context in Module A? It didn't seem relevant to me at the time.

Although I can see how it might be.
I mentioned it, It was part of my essay plan but I suit it to the question well since they both have different time context :D

CommunityFan

HSC
This was actually more time challenging than the paper 1.. I know this is weird but I like paper 1 better :p

J-Wang

HSC
Paper was fair, yet some question were extremely hard to adapt to. Lucky I nailed Belonging :p
I'm thinking:
Mod A - Richard III - 16+
Mod B - Ondaatje - 15+
Mod C - Fiftieth Gate - 15+

kariela

HSC
I really liked it :D did Hamlet for Module B which was my favourite so pretty happy they didn't specify a scene and that there was only one related text for Module C :)

HSC
Yup loved it too. Franeknrunner q was simialr to cssa trial paper, so that was ok. Hamlet was my fav too....hughes wasnt bad either lol

herrokittehs

HSC
tbh i thought it was challenging but a fair paper. some of the key words were a bit eh though...im hoping for at least 17 in all the sections, but i know my mod a has never gone past a 16, and mod c never past 17....
i hope it went well for everyone :)

Ancient_Tom

HSC
Mod A: Frankenstein/Blade Runner was pretty easy (asking about how textual form showed the parallels in the texts). Mod C: Julius Caesar was good too (how texts reveal the complexities of human attitudes and behaviour). Mod B: Speeches was the HARDEST!! I never studied Faith Badler's speech!! :( I thought there'd be no way they'd ask that speech, let alone not even give an extract from the speech :'(

Totally agree.. Curse you Bandler!!
(and the HSC exam committee)

uhoohoo

HSC
questions weren't that unexpected but didnt remember a thing about the second coming.. made up some quotes lmao hope they don't notice

DeeDazza

HSC
Mod A: Richard III/Looking For Richard
Good, best question.
4 1/2 pages.

Mod B: Speeches
WTFFFFFF????? Worst question of my life! Sadat's speech was the one I didn't properly revise, but the question was weird too.
1 1/2 pages.

Mod C: True History of the Kelly Gang
It was alright, not what I was expecting though. Still, it was better than the speeches question.
4 1/2 pages.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Section I and Section III were alright, however Section II was difficult as I didn't study for Bandler's prescribed speech. Having said that, most of the students in my cohort found the speeches to be difficult and I guess the state would too... so I hope we get scaled up in comparison to other students who didn't get a prescribed text in this section. This worst thing was that we weren’t given any extract from her speech and one could only do well if they knew and studied her speech. I guess I would be expecting quite low for this section but high for the others. Overall, this years exam was fair but was harder than previous years in my opinion.

wavess

HSC
Thank god the hamlet question wasn't based on an extract from the book like last years!

GabbyG

HSC
Hi guys for mod b, question about "An inherent tension between the actual and the possible is revealed through the development of ideas "

This is how i think i answered the question using atwood and bandler

1st argument
--> Atwood: talked about how she presents the actual (which i defined to mean contextual perceptions) perceptions of women being that of repression towards the polarised "very very good" and "horrid" portrayal
--> bandler: talked about how she presents the actual through anecdotal allusions to jennie jess and how he saw "his house and his church on fire" representing the atrocirities that have contextually existed in the treatment of aboriginals

2nd argument:
Atwood--> upon revealing the actual she motivates her audience towards the possible through her emotive diction in "females can act as keys to doors that need to be opened".. her idea of the need to present the subterranean depths of female identity.
bandler --> Having revealed the past injustices she also reveals what is possible through her emotive diction in "we can not only move governments but we can move mountains" thus inspiring her audience towards deconstructing the cultural divide that has existed.

how is this format and how did other people approach this question

Thank you

- Who is jennie jess? -- isnt it jean jimmy

vanessa1234

HSC
Honestly, maybe its me...but these English exams have been freekin ridiculous!
History and Memory - Disgusting
and Citizen Kane - wtf!

This has got to be the worst english papers 1 AND 2 ever.
Ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)