General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
Share your overall thoughts of Paper 2 here.

What aspects of the paper did you like and dislike? Did you consider it a fair test of your abilities?

Candidate

HSC
I loved the Mod C question, and hated the Mod A one. Asking us to respond in first person really threw me off (although I think it could work in third person too).

hayabusaboston

HSC
I loved the Mod C question, and hated the Mod A one. Asking us to respond in first person really threw me off (although I think it could work in third person too).
I babbled random shit for mod A, Mod B and C were really awesome. Expecting 14/20 or so for Mod B and C, 5/20 for A. If I manage to get 40 for belonging, high band 5 it seems. WOOP

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I personally would just like to say a massive GG to all those who went in with memorized responses for Hamlet.

LOL

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
I loved the Mod A f/br question! It fit my prepped on really well
Mod B Hamlet was pretty okay, the 'time and place' aspect of it took me a while to process
Mod C 50th gate was not bad either
Overall pretty good exam! I anticipated much worst lol

honeycomb

HSC
Um Module B Hamlet.
Lol wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf ... time and place / corruption are you serious... so limited. Although, I'm probably just stupid.

Candidate

HSC
I babbled random shit for mod A, Mod B and C were really awesome. Expecting 14/20 or so for Mod B and C, 5/20 for A. If I manage to get 40 for belonging, high band 5 it seems. WOOP
I wrote in third person until my second paragraph, and had to try and change it lol. I hated mod a so much.

I did like Mod B though. It screwed up a lot of preprepared answers.

mxgri

HSC
Dat Hamlet Question. That was a harrrrd question. But Module A and C were pretty good.

Candidate

HSC
Um Module B Hamlet.
Lol wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf ... time and place / corruption are you serious... so limited. Although, I'm probably just stupid.
I used the Danish Court as place and Hamlet's hamartia, the soliloquies and the five-act structure for time. I also included a paragraph at the end of corruption in the form of immorality of women at the end. I think i was on the right track, but I know a lot of people struggled.

My preprepared essay went out the door, and I think I repeated myself heaps– but I still think my response would have at least been 17-18/20

rednellav

HSC
Nvm lulz made a thread myself then saw this nomsayn.

dat paper was amazing.

edit: don't think I really hammered down the first-person thing in module A though. Hopefully I don't lose too many marks for that.

Last edited:

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Hoping to have made up for a bad day yesterday - I really liked the paper, and more-so, module C was just...beautiful.

Inverse

HSC
Mod B speeches was not that bad, though I hoped I answered it right in terms of time and place. W;t and Donne question was okay as well though blanked out for Mod C question .

Overall: okay paper if I didn't memorise pre-prepared essays. Feels like my atar got shredded though holyshit :'(

BlugyBlug

HSC
Hahahahah that hamlet question

what the fuck lol.

I ended up bullshitting time/place within the play, it did say how its "used IN Shakespeare's Hamlet.."

Last edited:

lolwot

HSC
for RIII did anyone interpret authority = power?
and cloudstreet WTF m8

HSC
Module A- jizzworthy
Module C- orgasmic

Module fucking B- so you want me to relate time and place to Hamlet ae. Go deep throat a cactus BOS. Pricks!!!

sammie293

HSC
Mod C was the only one I believe I did ok in, considering it was my least favourite module for the past 12 months
Screwed up mod a and b
I swear place was so dumb and was really hard to incorporate into Harwood
not keen for results at all

talcum

HSC
I personally would just like to say a massive GG to all those who went in with memorized responses for Hamlet.

LOL
Thanks! Of what I could remember of my prepared response, it went amazingly well.

No joke. My thesis was all about a pesimistic Orwellian / 'R+G are dead' kind of interpretation of the text; and corruption just makes pessimism so much worse - bingo. #bestenglishexamthisyear

Last edited:

Ali95

HSC
N/A
Thought it was a pretty fair test.

Mod A (F/BR), nice, I tried to use 1st person as much as possible, but I think you still could have gotten away with third.
Mod B (Harwood), pretty good, threw all the people with memorised responses, and I ended up linking it to the persona's relationship with time and place themselves.
Mod C (Smithsonian), absolute gift of a question.

Overall, better than I expected :) Hoping that this translates into big marks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)