General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Guys, guys, guys... Why are you still in this thread? ENGLISH IS OVER!!!
Ironically, despite this statement, it is metaphorically accentuated that such notions of an intrinsic desire to maintain a sense of belonging to English studies is detrimental to the human condition.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Ironically, despite this statement, it is metaphorically accentuated that such notions of an intrinsic desire to maintain a sense of belonging to English studies is detrimental to the human condition.
Had I just written that in my exams, I would've probably gotten more marks than my essay regardless of whether it answers the question or not.

Web Addict

HSC
What I mean is that ENGLISH IS OVER!!! You'll never have to deal with that horrible subject anymore. Be happy!

matt16

HSC
I get that the evil overloads at the BOS want to design a question to disadvante those who have simply memorised a response and don't answer the question, but seriously!! That Module B question had almost no relevance to Hamlet and was just way too narrow.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Thank you :) I do agree with you there too! But I think the Module itself is underpinned by textual integrity and I think putting the fundamental characteristics that constitute textual integrity is as good a hint as any that they want you to answer it with reference to it. And we were also taught Hamlet through themes, but I went full geeky and fell in love with the play and studied it through Hamlet's character on my lonesome :haha:. If I were to answer this year's question, I wouldn't really have changed much in my pre-prepared essay since it focusses on corruption and extends that a bit more to Shakespeare himself being restricted by his own context's values/his decisions in the play may have reflected his own life experiences (e.g. Hamlet dying was simply to satisfy the principle of God being supreme and/or a reflection of the loss of his own son). I think it was a pretty basic question as far as Hamlet questions go, but I can understand that exam stress might stint your thinking so to speak, so some students might have struggled with the question.
How did you only get 96 in English...

pHyRe

HSC
For the appreciation in frankenrunner, I talked about degredation of nature and political undertones in both texts and how ambition is crucial in enhancing our appreciation. it was a little loose, but ambition was better tackled. reckon that's okay or they'll fk me for it?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I know this feel... Now i know what ppl mean when they tell me to stop talking bout maths after the exam is done :p
The funny thing is when some of my friends in general ask me and i'm like "Complex numbers were super easy, Integration was easy, Damn Simpson's rule too hard to memorise such nonsense oh yeah and the area of ellipse, I had to prove that in this exam unlike your formula sheet"

The funny thing is that some general maths students laughed when I spoke of "limiting integrals to a finite number" in my graduation speech.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
For the appreciation in frankenrunner, I talked about degredation of nature and political undertones in both texts and how ambition is crucial in enhancing our appreciation. it was a little loose, but ambition was better tackled. reckon that's okay or they'll fk me for it?

Should be fine. I just said that but also stated that the ambition adds depth to the didactic elements of the text, allowing for the appreciation. You could still get 18 or 19 though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)