General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

harrypotterfan

HSC
I prepared for it. Still was hard tbh. Wasn't a nice question either because it really doesn't have enduring value but to have an essay you had to say it did pretty much :/
Yeah haha I'm definitely not discrediting how hard it was, if I did speeches it would probably be like gg atar so no thats not what I mean at all! I was just saying how earlier people were saying they hadn't "even read" Deane or whatever and I just thought that probably wasn't too great...

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
Yeah haha I'm definitely not discrediting how hard it was, if I did speeches it would probably be like gg atar so no thats not what I mean at all! I was just saying how earlier people were saying they hadn't "even read" Deane or whatever and I just thought that probably wasn't too great...
Yeah - people who skip speeches are silly. I made sure I knew all of them. Spent fucking like 24343421 hours on Sadat expecting it to be prescribed - nek minnute can't use with Deane's as a supplementary speech (well, could... but poorly). Had to use Keating's speech...

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Of my texts and elective I found that question to be the most straightforward. It fit really ridiculously well with my related and I some about how over time the truth reveals itself to predominate over fallacious perspectives, which actually seems to be really different to how everyone else interpreted the question which has me a little worried. I managed 7 pages, which I think is sort of an okay length, toward the lower end of the acceptable range. I didn't memorise anything so that's the kind of volume I was expecting. Mod C was the first one I did, it seemed like the easiest of the questions for my modules, which I wasn't expecting sknce it was actually my weakest module. My stance onMod B was weird af, the marker will read it and think I was high haha
Were you high?

iStudent

HSC
Yeah - people who skip speeches are silly. I made sure I knew all of them. Spent fucking like 24343421 hours on Sadat expecting it to be prescribed - nek minnute can't use with Deane's as a supplementary speech (well, could... but poorly). Had to use Keating's speech...
I linked with Keating too
Easiest to talk national identity with imo
(and themes cross over with Deane)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Sadat would be ideal imo. A lot of analysis regarding national identity in relation to the conflict

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Were you high?
To be honest I'm not even sure anymore. I spoke about how the lake was a symbol of Ireland that was physically occupied by the swans (which I claimed were a symbol of English protection because the queen owns all the mute swans in Britain) and that Yeats was wondering if the sentimental *inspiration* for the pursuit of independence amounted to the tangible benefits of colonialism. Like wtf was I even doing hahahahaha

photastic

HSC
To be honest I'm not even sure anymore. I spoke about how the lake was a symbol of Ireland that was physically occupied by the swans (which I claimed were a symbol of English protection because the queen owns all the mute swans in Britain) and that Yeats was wondering if the sentimental *inspiration* for the pursuit of independence amounted to the tangible benefits of colonialism. Like wtf was I even doing hahahahaha
Yep, signs of smoking weed :p

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I had a dream where mod a was about humanity, mod b specified my favourite poem for yeats and mod c was ONE related.

Two of my dreams came true so and I really liked the question for mod c. Mod a took a bit more effort but I'm pretty happy with today, mainly because it was all over hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Wow omg I just talked about his search for transcendence amidst life's tensions. Literally regurgitated my mod b assessment from this year HAHAHAH

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
to those who wrote more excessive amounts of pages - overkill.
Question: how many examples from the text (include related for C) did you use?

e.g. I used 18 in Module A, 5 pages, 2 booklets
I used 15* (give or take 2 possibly poorly executed) in Module B, 3 pages, 1 booklet (about intro+4 excessive large body paragraphs+concl.)
I used about 16 in Module C, 4 pages, 2 booklets.

(I didn't use a prepared essay, I had prepared quotes+techniques and used a bit of thematic ideas raised from other assessments and tied (tried) them into the question)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Wow omg I just talked about his search for transcendence amidst life's tensions. Literally regurgitated my mod b assessment from this year HAHAHAH

My argument will be destrooyyyeedd by a HSC marker ahahahaha. Oh well, at least they'll get a laugh? Your argument rounds really good and normal and I'm sure you'll do great. I linked back to Easter 1916 and said Yeats combatted the notion of mythologising and mollifying death where it is *inspired* by nationalism. In case that wasn't a weird enough argument to follow up my acid trip on Wild Swans, how did I say he achieved this effect? That's right, through rhyming structure! The marker is just going to look at my paper like 'wtffff...' hahahaha

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
My argument will be destrooyyyeedd by a HSC marker ahahahaha. Oh well, at least they'll get a laugh? Your argument rounds really good and normal and I'm sure you'll do great. I linked back to Easter 1916 and said Yeats combatted the notion of mythologising and mollifying death where it is *inspired* by nationalism. Invade that wasn't a weird enough argument to follow up my acid trip on Wild Swans, how did I say he achieved this effect? That's right, through rhyming structure! The marker is just going to look at my paper like 'wtffff...' hahahaha
Gahaha idk I'm worried that it's too normal because then it's like not standout? Omg I avoid Easter like the plague. I hate that poem jahahahha I used ASC as well. But tbh if I was going to use Easter I would talk about what you said as well. And i would've talked about his use of rhythm to convey his ambivalence towards it looool so whatever acid you were on I was probably on when I prepared for yeats hahaha

dinomyte

HSC
Haha I think Easter was actually good to use when talking about the complex nature of inspiration. I talked about it in terms of how the Irish rebels were a source for inspiration because their sacrifice revived the Irish revolutionary spirit, but in the end it was extremely complex because of the terrible expense of sacrifice itself, suggesting that inspiration cannot be drawn without despair

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Do you know how much work... -.-
and how much your head hurts even after the exam! :(
Lol I memorised all my poem summaries for my module. Idk don't wanna risk it. You know you can get tested so best to cover your bases hahah

how much do you think BOSTES wanted us to talk about "changing perspectives" in Mod A? that's got me worried :O I didn't mention it all :/

:/
I talked about how Scott looked amplified the consequences of what Shelley explored and how that was shaped by his context, so thus changing perspective of ......?

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Gahaha idk I'm worried that it's too normal because then it's like not standout? Omg I avoid Easter like the plague. I hate that poem jahahahha I used ASC as well. But tbh if I was going to use Easter I would talk about what you said as well. And i would've talked about his use of rhythm to convey his ambivalence towards it looool so whatever acid you were on I was probably on when I prepared for yeats hahaha

I don't think you want to stand out as that kid who popped a pinga and was tripping the whole way through mod b hahahaha. No I really think your argument is a good mix of sophisticated and simple if that makes sense? I hated ASC how funny, it was too long and rapey for me haha. I was forced to do an assessment on a Wild Swans and 1916 and then 1916 was in CSSA and Wild Swans was in HSC, thank you English teacher! I said the disruption of the ABAB rhyming structure highlighted the word 'death' to juxtapose euphemistic representations of nationalist inspired death as 'nightfall' because it had an'aurally jarring effect' (whatever the hell I decided that was at 10:30 today). Yeats himself took a lot of acid in his time, so maybe he will smile down on me and force the marker to at least give me a 12 ahahaha

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Haha I think Easter was actually good to use when talking about the complex nature of inspiration. I talked about it in terms of the Irish rebels were a source for inspiration because their sacrifice revived the Irish revolutionary spirit, but in the end it was extremely complex because of the terrible expense sacrifice itself suggesting that inspiration cannot be drawn without despair
Lol complex nature for me = tensions between human transience + search for permenance tbh just really desperate to talk about mortality Hahahahah my go to yeats theme

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I don't think you want to stand out as that kid who popped a pinga and was tripping the whole way through mod b hahahaha. No I really think your argument is a good mix of sophisticated and simple if that makes sense? I hated ASC how funny, it was too long and rapey for me haha. I was forced to do an assessment on a Wild Swans and 1916 and then 1916 was in CSSA and Wild Swans was in HSC, thank you English teacher! I said the disruption of the ABAB rhyming structure highlighted the word 'death' to juxtapose euphemistic representations of nationalist inspired death as 'nightfall' because it had an'aurally jarring effect' (whatever the hell I decided that was at 10:30 today). Yeats himself took a lot of acid in his time, so maybe he will smile down on me and force the marker to at least give me a 12 ahahaha
ASC is my second favourite poem after WSC! So much to talk about. Wowwww HAHAHAHA that is actually insane insight. I'm sure you'll do well for Yeats :D how did you find the other mods btw?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)