General Thoughts: English Paper 1 2006 (1 Viewer)

league_girl

HSC
elmo788 said:
Hey, i did physical jourmeys as well, and i don't lknow if this is necessarily correct but i took 'the new' to mean, a new destination, a new way of thinking, a new discovery, etc. And as for 'interpretation', I took that as meaning the way in which journeys were perceived by the persona, and whether or not these interpretations came to fruition at the conclusion of the journey...i really don't know though, i could have missed the mark completely..Hope that sorta gave u a few ideas..
i did exactly the same thing, thank god some1 else thinks like me lol
i took it as that journeys give us new interpretations and understanding as a result of the growth we experience

ScottyGEE

HSC
Hmmm I'll remove the first part of my physical journey intro coz its not needed but at the end I went: "Through the study of the texts

• it is possible to learn that the interpretation of the new is an important part of a physical journey" so basically to me that translated to "I agree that the interpretation of the new is important"...
    I have always refrained from saying I no matter what...It's like a black cat to someone who believes in bad luck...But it generally does not affect you too much as long as you didn't go "Well, my mother told me that I should think the interpretation of the new is good, so from her I have now learned too that the interpretation of the new is good...I, I captain bird's I is a good saying because I think its funny"

Like elmo, I basically said about how the person's veiwpoints throughout the journey, be it the interpretation initially, being thought of as bad and then percieved as good after going through another experience.
    Its what I believe is right.
    Did that make sense?

hotcocoa

HSC
Section I - lack of good and interesting stimulus for extensive analysis, the images would be nice if it were in colour

Creative Piece - totally knocked me there.. i prepared for a fantastic short story, though it fitted no way with the stimulus.. damn specific.. i mean, who cares about the old?

Essay - physical journey on interpretation of the new? sounds more like change and transformations rather than the journey.. it seems like the inner and imaginative was easier than the physical..

Overall - harder than I expected, though I assume I did much better in it than the trials

Good luck for Modules

Sigh.. I really want to use a computer for the exams.. Damn I could do 200% better than I would writing..

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Let's just draw attention to this ridiculous post again. Why? Because I'm bored.
frankyd said:
Well compared to my trial which I aced like acing papers was going out of fashion, this one was a substantial amount harder.
"Aced like acing papers was going out of fashion". A cringe-worthy line if ever I heard one. This, ladies and gentlement, is what we call arrogance. You're like those people who got to Schoolies expecting to get laid 24/7. Ain't gonna happen and you're gonna learn it the hard way.
frankyd said:
I chose to write a feature article, blending in the extract about the old man with my perspective on a journey of discovery through literature (allowing the man to unlock his past, discover future etc etc)... so I'm hoping for A range there.
Having talked with a few people who did the HSC - namely my sister and a few friends, I believe the question specifically asked for a short story. Short. Story. Not feature article.
frankyd said:
As for the pages i wrote... I'm not sure on pages exactly (counting that was the last thing on my mind), but I know that I wrote 8 books... 2 of them weren't completely filled up... so that's like 50-60ish (prob 12, 24, 20 or something of the like)
I know bullshit when I hear it. Or read it. This, ladies and gentlemen, is bullshit. It's not possible, unless you didn't actually answer the other two questions. Even in the 2004 HSC, I only managed 18 pages in 40 minutes and I write bloody fast.
frankyd said:
BUT!!! don't get scared my handwriting is messy so I have to write big so that it can be read. It's probably the same amount of content as everyone else.
Sif they'd be scared. Quality trumps quantity every time. You might claim to have written 50 pages, but it could very well be fifty pages of complete shite, thus earning you a bottom-of-the-barrel mark. But don't get scared, I'm sure you deserve no less.

Also, on one final note, there's an e-mail going around containing a link to that post on its own, the subject being a combination of bullshit, lies and arrogance. I've received it twice on my uni e-mail. Congratulations, pal, you're the laughing stock of the state.

bodhi_prince

HSC
hahaha i thought the first part sucked... bloody nomads... the texts hadd hardly any techniques to work with.... the essay was alright, thought.... the creative was pretty stupidd... but i managedd to twist my pre prepared response around a bit to fit.... but im sure the first paragraph probably sucked...
hahaha at least its over....

now for modules.....
i swear the net is such a distraction when ur tryin to study....

arrrrghhhh

HSC
Crap, and that is putting it nicely
....Cmon exam paper writing people, shape up or ship out...
I rekon they wrote the essay questions about 5 minutes before they sent it to the printers.....Pfff

bodhi_prince

HSC
arrrrghhhh said:
Crap, and that is putting it nicely
....Cmon exam paper writing people, shape up or ship out...
I rekon they wrote the essay questions about 5 minutes before they sent it to the printers.....Pfff

hahah thats exactly what i thought..... !!!!!

ScottyGEE

HSC
@ObjectInSpace:
Creative writing asks "Write in a form appropriate to your purpose"
you could essentially write in a feature article form...Although I would say its not the most clever

tilani

HSC
haha....
section 1 = pretty easy i rekon, i dont know what everyone was talking about... in the sense of it being hard...

section 2 = they couldnt have had a shitter question if they tried! it pretty much rooted 99% of the states prepared creative writing. i had an awesome one, memorised and all... that i could in no way relate to the quote...

section 3 = imaginative journeys! that was a load and a half of crapola! in all honesty, if it wasnt the english exam, i seriously would have put up my hand and asked what speculation meant! but i worked my way round it, and managed to pull it off anyways...

someone11

HSC
The first section screwed me over...i started it but gave up after 5 mins and went on with section two and three. Had like 10 mins in the end to finish the first section..but never did.
Section two was alright...but the quote did make my story sound bad...
Section three...physical journeys are about the interpretation of the new?...i had no idea what it was on about...but wrote anything...

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
Section one overall i thought was pretty good. Didn't really like text two... That threw me moderately, so i just pretty much analysed it as much as i could, hoping to hit on what they wanted.

Section two i thought was a pretty good question. I don't really understand how people could have prepared responses that didn't fit with the quote. It isn't exactly hard to adapt a story to have an old man telling it.

Section three i thought had some very solid questions. The buzzwords in the questions were easy to comprehend and related perfectly to the topic. People who just expect the question to say how do your texts represent the *** journey should probably be shot.

Anyways, overall i thought the paper was well composed.

mattstonestreet

HSC
Can anyone tell me weather at least 1 means more than one or that one is enough but you can write more

desert fox

HSC
RingerINC said:
Section two i thought was a pretty good question. I don't really understand how people could have prepared responses that didn't fit with the quote. It isn't exactly hard to adapt a story to have an old man telling it.
I had my story set.. i introduced with the first sentence and then added quotations at start and end of story.

a job well done

switchfootfan

HSC
twas ok,
i think that my creative was great, my essay was good and my short answer was not so good
creative fitted perfectly and the line even gave me an idea which made it even better
Essay was good, didnt finish but wrote a good amount and it was good stuff, (one concern was that I wrote a lot on each text but only only had a bare minimum of texts total)
left the questions to last when my brain started to slow and did not finish, i reckon i got only about 8-9 out of 15......

Riviet

HSC
N/A
mattstonestreet said:
Can anyone tell me weather at least 1 means more than one or that one is enough but you can write more
At least 1 means 1 is the minimum and sufficient, but you can do more if you want.

foodconfused

HSC
i thought it was hard ...... section one was hard ... section two was hard .... section three was like what the

serena99

HSC
hilarious that i didn't know what a nomad was........mmmmmmmmmmmm yes
but i thought the rest of the paper was okay. the questions really just weren't straightforward like they had been in the past. cant believe the specificity of the creative section....but i guess we have to expect that kind of stuff

jjenni

HSC
Ohh I thought the section1 was crap... there were no real questions... what the??? But the other 2 questions were alryt.. I dont want to jinx it... I hope did good..!!! Btw... STudy hard... n Good luck!!! :)

switchfootfan

HSC
is anyone else stressing over modules paper
feeling like they are screwed for at least one section.......
like to know im not along

billy_slater

HSC
MisterPresident said:
Will do.
English isn't a problem.
Tell me this though: you are on at 1am telling people not to waste time on here? Or implying that they shouldn't?
Come the time after Modules i will not be on here

go hump a cow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)