General Thoughts - English Paper 1 2007 (1 Viewer)

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
chambershex said:
Section 1 text 3 was easy. I wrote 15 pages, all of which was excellent material. Overall I wrote 135 pgs and for part a. III paragraph 2 Alpha I used words like juxtaposition to constast the bombastical eloquence of the comprehension.

Section 1 - 15/15 (worst case scenario)
Section 2 - 14.7899/15 (to four decimal places)
Section 3 - This will actually be submitted to the National Art Museum.

I only studied for 20 minutes before the exam, but I'm awesome so I'll get a UAI of 120.
Nice. I'm going for 1000 myself, but I suppose someone out there has to get 120.

slinkysezzy

HSC
I didn't find it easy...and i didn't have time to count my pages but i used 5 booklets, but only like 2 pages in some of them...and i have fairly large writing.

I spent too long on the essay which i did first and was then frantically rushing through section 1 in order to ensure that i had at least 25 minutes to link my story to the quotes....in other words it was a time management disaster and i am freaking out about Monday because time is so crucial in paper two.

I think that the hardest section was probably the essay - but that was because i really only skimmed the surface in section one and didn't delve deep enough to unearth the true evil that lurked within.

The creative writing made me panic a bit at first, but then i came up with a fairly good link and then after that it was just copying out the story with a new theme/focus lol.

Never mind...we never have to think about journeys again!!!!

satie

HSC
I think i did alright. Section 1 was good and the essay as well. I'm not so sure about my story. I only had 25min and I didn't have a great plan. So dreading monday...english modules and dt.

Dividson

HSC
That was a horrible test! section 1 was so hard, section 2's quotes were crap to write stories to, and what the hell is with that physical journeys essay question! i didnt know wheather to agree or disagree if physical Journey 's have detours?

oh well, i got drunk afterwards, it's all good :)

nadinenadine123

HSC
i thought it was a really straight forward paper.
Text three of section one was a little strange, but eh, overall i thought it was about as difficult as last years AOS

matindo64

HSC
AHHHHHHH i loved Text 3! Not saying i did great answering the questions about it but i absolutely loved the whole escapist feel of the text, (i think i might go travelling into outback Australia after the HSC) I also chose it and text two for the final question of section 1 which was pretty easy seeing as text 2 kept journeying into the past and text 3 kept travelling forwards.

My story was disgraceful, nuff said.

"unexpected destinations" was simple, which meant my nice little prepared essay fitted nicely.

Section I - 10-12/15
Section II - 7-8/15
Section III - 10-11/15
27/45 ahh well AOS is the exam i have the most trouble with so it's good to get it out of the way.

x.cortez

HSC
GAAAAAAAAAHHH !

English paper one was a pain in the ass !

Test 3 - section one was full of crappp .

Gosh .

Expected marks : ZEROOOO !

no im exaggerating . but it was terrible ><

Come on Paper two.

I'm relying on youuuu !!

MonsterCookie

HSC
Äj said:
i dont write a full essay for preparation. like, ill do a practice one, just to get how everything can fit together smoothly but the main things i remember is specific points that ill base my essay around. this, unexpected encounters thing was not to bad, just make sure you address the question and give the marker what they are looking for. it also helps alot to have a really strong intro to get their attention. theyve been marking that same question all day, getting the same techniques being proven by the same quotes over and over and it gets quite boring, so make sure to try and make it stand out in some way. and then you win.
It's a bit late to tell people that.

pet*pet

HSC
screwed up..time management was my problem..so i didnt get to finish..i thought Q2 n 3 was pretty easy however didnt get to finish..Q1 was a killer...altogether i thought this exam was much more difficult than the others i had seen...prolly did better in my trials even tho i jus passed for that one lmao! im gona die for paper 2 i duno jackshyt...

baller1990

HSC
thank god for that. I adopted that line through my essay and i hoped i was doing the right thing. Comprehension was terrible. I wrote a booklet for part one, same for part two and a booklet and a half for part 3

ashbash0612

HSC
i don't know how you manage to fit an essay into 3.5 pages!! i spent that much on one of coleridge's poems. probably a mistake though because i only got to discuss one additional text in the end...

lindulgence

HSC
section1 was quite difficult, just throught over all it was to much reading to comprehend with in 40mins. To me i believe 40mins for section 3 isnt enough time so i tend to get section 1 out of the way and head to sectioin 3 but found it a challange in this exam.

Section 3 was alirte just had to add in extra words from the questions to like my prepared eassy at the questions heheh.

Section 2 was eh... didnt have any clue wat i was on about but i think i did alrite.

OVER ALL i did enjoy paper 1 section 1 was abit unfair but still manage to get through it all heheh

DREADING paper 2 3 eassy to remember OMGSH!!!

JeffreyTse

HSC
HSC English Papers are way too overated!... I thought worse was coming. But overall.. everything was manageable. Can't complain much. Comprehension was difficult except that's life; Can't always expect everything to go your way.

I think i'll get around 80%

PS: Unexpected detours or unexpected destinations could just be interpretated as challenges or barriers along the way. Anyways Good Luck all for Paper 2! Make sure you don't give up!

C-MAN :wave:

JeffreyTse

HSC
HSC English Papers are way too overated!... I thought worse was coming. But overall.. everything was manageable. Can't complain much. Comprehension was difficult except that's life; Can't always expect everything to go your way.

I think i'll get around 80%

PS: Unexpected detours or unexpected destinations could just be interpretated as challenges or barriers along the way. Anyways Good Luck all for Paper 2! Make sure you don't give up!

C-MAN :wave:

daviet

HSC
i thought paper 1 was okay overall...but i dread paper 2 :(
anyone got an essay to give?

-pari-

HSC
N/A
section 1 - mediocre. a few vague questions i didn't get around to answering properly, but overall satisfactory

section 2 - good

section 3 - decent. "unexpected encounters" didn't really fit my thesis though.

prediction: at least around 38/45 if not more.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
section 1 - mediocre. a few vague questions i didn't get around to answering properly, but overall satisfactory

section 2 - good

section 3 - decent. "unexpected encounters" didn't really fit my thesis though.

prediction: at least around 38/45 if not more.

paper wasn't unexpectedly hard or anything. standard according to past trends imo.

deano89

HSC
I thought it was a pretty good test, i mean it was difficult, but i expected worse.
Section 1 was pretty average, i just crapped on about stuff.
Section 2, NOOO idea, i wasnt sure if i had to use the quote as a quote in my text, or if i just had to make my story about the quote, i just ended up writting my prepared story and tryed to place the quote at the beginning and end of the story, showing that the journey has been made and yer i dunno.
Hahah, just hoped for the best, my actual story was fine, its just a matter of how much the answers the question.
And section 3, i thought was great, it fit perfectly to my prepared themes and techniques of texts, i just explained about how the uncertainty delt with throughout skrzynecki's poems suggests that there are possible future hardships and unexpecter detours to be faced and talked about the techniques used to show this.
I have never been real good at english, but i cant honestly say i have completed an exam and felt as confident about it as this one.
Now all i need to do is keep it up for Mondays exam.
ARGH
*rips hair out*

InSaNe066

HSC
i dnt kno y ppl put so much emphasis on the essay and do the sections out of order etc.. theyre all worth the same amount of marks... rushing one section to get to the next is not gunna help u do any better.. also paper 2 can die its so unfair we have to know like a million different things....

king lear - at least 2 productions, 2 readings, context and critics
BR/BNW- BNW text and quotes.. context for both.. BR scene study
telling the truth - at least 2 episodes of frontline, and 2 related texts

pfft die

oh and business the next day:burn:

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
God, I did too much technique and not enough theory, because thats how we'd get marked well internally but looking back it was a dumb-ass idea. Creative was pretty average, not as detailed as I'd hoped because I was kinda stuck for time after wasting so much in section one. I'm hoping 30/45. Doubt it but.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)