General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

hayhay2012

HSC
I took 1 hour for the essay (which I did first), 45 minutes for the comprehension, and only had 15 minutes left for the creative!!!!
I'm so screwed and depressed right now :(

strawberryswing

HSC
The Time theme fit me pretty well, my teacher had been predicting it all year, but my creative fit to all the stimuli, not just one :/
So I just chose the grass one because it seemed pretty generic about relationships. I hope I did well anyways. The short answers were so stupid. I pretty much screwed them..
Oh well.

Alkanes

HSC
HAHAHAHAHAHA. I think it was just me, Alkanes. General consensus says it was the kid's grandfather.
LOL but seriously I'm still lost for words how you thought the guy was a dad LOL.

hayhay2012

HSC
How bad does your writing have to be for you just to get 0? my writing for the creative was atrocious! some parts not even on the lines

Demise

HSC
foreshadow

'inevitable sadness of the future'
I assure you, you'll most definitely hit 85+. My aim? Well, anything over 90 would be brilliant and I don't think it'll be all too difficult at this point in time, anyhow. (Did that sound conceited? Yeah, it probably did.)
Just got to stay calm, I think I may have gotten 12/15, 10-11/15 and 13-14/15. I can an aligned band 6 hopefully, just need to stay calm for the modules.

iamorbid

HSC
HOW ON EARTH writing three essays in the span of two hours justifies our intelligence or determines whether or not we are capable of succeeding in our desired university course? Because I really just don't get it.

CommunityFan

HSC
Time was easy theme!!! if they did like technology or something I'm screwed xD

I did it within the recommended time and still have few minutes to spare and check!!! section 1 was actually not too hard if you guys were more direct about it :D like the obvious stuff about how belonging stuff is portrayed

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
LOL but seriously I'm still lost for words how you thought the guy was a dad LOL.
In all seriousness, I think I may have actually deluded myself into thinking that picture actually contained a boy and his father as that was the basis of my creative piece. Or it may just have been because I'm an idiot, haha.

HSC
I was quite happy with it. At first the time theme threw my essay and I nearly went into meltdown but I mentally backhanded myself and told myself to think about and that I can do this. So I did (I worked quickly so I could give myself an hour to do it). I thought about it and that was probably the best essay I wrote off the top of my head (related text was a bit iffy, but overall WOOOO)

Its probably the best english exam I have done. I had a HSC exam power rush...thing.

But I did it, and I'm happier than I was coming out of my trials!

Though question 1b irked me. Poetry always does. but other than that :) :) :) :) :)

Demise

HSC
foreshadow

'inevitable sadness of the future'
Should've used that technique, damn!

How bad does your writing have to be for you just to get 0? my writing for the creative was atrocious! some parts not even on the lines
8/15 is usually the borderline, just if you wrote like a year 10 student, so don't worry, you should be fine.

CommunityFan

HSC
HOW ON EARTH writing three essays in the span of two hours justifies our intelligence or determines whether or not we are capable of succeeding in our desired university course? Because I really just don't get it.
agreed :D HSC isn't exactly an accurate system but it's definitely better than American system xD

Haidys

HSC
It doesn't. But HSC is just a game, it's a pile of poop. There are always pathways, and even if you manage to do well in the HSC, there are always way more chances to fuck up your life in the future anyway. Its nothing really.

habitres

HSC
Did anyone else aim to write about 2000 words but then ended up writing over 9000?

I think I may have gone a bit overboard with the short response.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)