General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

karimingo

HSC
I spent 80 minutes on Section 1 because I lost track of time... they made me take off my watch and I was sitting in the top left corner so I couldn't see the wall clock.... Had to rush to do section 3 first then only had 10minutes to be creative... lol what a retarded exam

thetoygang

HSC
How'd you guys do in the English HSC paper?

I think I did pretty well. Since we only had to do 2/3 parts I completley bossed the creative writing but only tried 1 short answer question. Short answer is so pointless, creative writing is where it's at baby! 99.5 ATAR here I come!

tomp1612

HSC
Re: How'd you guys do in the English HSC paper?

wait wat why is it only 2/3 parts, this shit is fukin confusin the hell outta me

Shadowless

HSC

LMAO i think people are getting confused with the 'they only take your best 2 units of english' bit

itoki228

HSC
N/A

Wow nice. I did so well on the creative and short. Didnt even try the comprehension. I think I got around 90%

SanjoyM

HSC

You MUST attempt and complete ALL three sections. -.-

Rawf

HSC

Are these people tryna be trolls? what kind of school would tell their students that they only take the best 2/3...

crazy_paki123

HSC

u guys are a bunch of trolls, you MUST complete ALL 3 sections lol

Shadowless

HSC

i think the 'best 2 units of english' bit really applies only to people doing extension 1 english and extension 2 english... (correct me if i'm wrong)

Anushay Chand

HSC
Section 1..most difficult set of exam questions ive come across due to the shit selction of unseen texts my the BOS.. past years have had the easiest set of texts to refer to in section 1...... not fair

TMR3

HSC
that exam really wasnt that hard. last years essay was harder, but even still i didnt finish it. the short answers were quite dull, but the stimulus fit my creative perfectly. hopefully around 40/45 for that
Agree with this.
Hopefully trying to get around a 35+ for this paper 1.

deliciouscake

HSC
I thought the concept of time was pretty good for section 3 - you could have easily discussed anything

mike12345678

HSC

i think there all being trolls.
if it was the best 2 sections they would say that and everyone would do that obviously.

how were your trials marked? exactly the same way

eXanimo

HSC
Ran out of time for the essay, ended up with a pretty pathetic 4.5 paged "thing" (i pause at calling it an essay) which barely covered what it needed to. Doubt it will be an 10/15.

Went well on the other sections though. LOVED the short answers.

Apparently the man up top didn't punish me enough though, the second i left the exam in a friends car we got T-boned and the car got written-off. Filing a misadventure as we speak.

katebeast

HSC
last year the question referred simply to connections to places. That is directly from one of the first dot points of the syllabus. Ours required more thinking than that!!

brarbie95

HSC
I think the test was really hard and as I studied peter sckrzynecki as prescribed text which had really less to do with time made it even weird!
yeah dw i go to baulkham hills and my teacher said that it was a bit against skrzynecki
because before going into detail about our poems specifically, i had to sit and spend like 10
minutes discussing how the whole anthology itself was an example of how time allows and
disallows and individual to evolve their perception of belonging

HOORAY FOR GOOD SCALING FOR SKRZYNECKI haha

brarbie95

HSC

i think the 'best 2 units of english' bit really applies only to people doing extension 1 english and extension 2 english... (correct me if i'm wrong)
wrong LOL

the two best units of english applies to EVERYONE no matter how much english u do
if you do 3 or 4 unit, then however much of that english is in your top 10 units will be counted :)

manutd2564

HSC
how literally did you guys use the creative writing stimulus? I chose image 1 (boy swinging on a tree branch). My story involved the idea of youth and ageing and included bits of kids playing in a playground, but I'm not sure the image was particularly "central" to my story. I interpreted it metaphorically, but hopefully thats ok.
Same...I hope that the markers realise that my story was based on Image 1 :speechless:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)